Sign in to follow this  
zerofour

When should one ascend?

EDIT: This post can be removed by a  moderator, I found my answer a little further down :)

Sorry if this has been posted before, didn't find anything via search.

Simply put, when should one ascend? Should I do it as often as I can, or are there certain times when it would be considered more beneficial? I was on a roll, and decided to ascend since the game told me to, and I noticed how much harder the levels got at a much faster rate, despite better gear.

If you want to push floors, would you not want to ascend?

New to this style of game, little hazy on details.

Thanks!

-- ZF

Edited by zerofour

Hello , I too am new to the game and would also like to see a reply to this question.

I have played many idol games and typically in most idol games you do not want to ascend, or reset right away. There is often a recommended point to do so. 

So I would also like to hear what the pro's here have to say .

1) When should you ascend for your very first time?  

2) what about for subsequent acentions thereafter ?  

3) what do you recommend we buy with those points?

Edited by Zanatar

Personally I ascended as soon as I could afford a couple of things from the shop and continued to ascend when I could. It progresses your character faster and makes going through the lower levels much quicker.

If your current boss says "very hard" still give it a whirl you will find in most cases it's possible.

I ascend as soon as a boss kills me more than 3 times. This is how it goes for me anyways, (I usually Keep Killing Bosses Until an Impossible One Has been triggered because those are the most likely to kill you and where the real fun Starts)

1. Get an Impossible Boss and see  if I can kill it like I would any normal mob.
  2. If I can't I try to use my skills to for example using skills a certain way like Whirl with the Shield Rune or Double with the leap rune to get around the boss and a Clone with the heal rune to try to squeeze out a kill.
  3. If I can't kill it I use a Frenzy potion and kill it that way my last chance.

If I still die then I ascend because the further you get the more Tokens you Get the Stronger you become for the next ascension. Good Luck Friend and keep trying,

Edited by JustLikeHector

You should only ascend when you hit the wall and cant move further. If you go 120 floors you should get around 10,000 and once you ascend you can trade them to increase your strength 1000% or more.

Use Frenzy potion at boss level impossible. Get as far as you can everytime without grinding gold. Once you Ascend upgrades the list of most important upgrades for me is:Token,Coins,Frenzy,OfflineCoins, Damage,Armor,Skills. If you see coins, save Tokens or coins save tokens till you can upgrade them. I run Hackandslash. I use SMASHstun,LeapDecoy,CloneDecoy. I upgrade My weapon highest it is usually 50-60Levels above armor. I dont level cloak at all. Im sure people will argue against but thats my strategy. I multitask while I play the game so im not active player. I focus on gear with damage for weapon and cloak. And a single piece with armor. 

1460344862904.jpg