mankiw

Boss Hunt

Eversince 1.6 patch, a new menu called boss hunt appeared.

Anyone ever did this before?

I keep my phone running non stop knight almost all day but never got to play it. Its been more than a week.

Im from Korea and there is a community here for non stop knight. No one has ever played it.

I guess I was one of the lucky players who had the privelage of participating in a boss hunt!

Gotta tell you that I loved it!  Can't wait till the full release!

Keep up the good work!

Player name:  Maarten

I've done 3 boss hunts.

1st:

- mystery chests were bugged so it gave way too much gold

- ended 3rd place

2nd:

- mystery chests fixed. So much better experience

- still ended pretty quicker than desired

- ended 2nd place

3rd:

- toughness of enemies increased, and boss hunt goal increased from 200 to 300 bosses

- way too tough. Took entire 12 hrs allotted and we only finished half the milestones.

- ended 1st place

-------------------------------------

Overall experience was awesome. 

- personally not fond of the fact your ranking gives you more pet pieces for each milestone. I thinks it makes people lower on ranks lazy when they think they can't be ranked high. And that makes it difficult to complete the hunt when people slack. 

- instead of currently:

1st getting 3 pet pieces, 1 buff card, 1 boss hunt chest

2nd getting 2 pet pieces, 1 buff, 1 hunt chest

3rd getting 1 pet piece, 1 buff, 1 hunt chest

4th-10th getting no pet pieces, 1 buff, 1 hunt chest

- I think the following would be better:

1st, 3 pets, 2 buff, 1 hunt chest

2nd-3rd, 2 pets, 1 buff, 1 hunt chest

4-10th, 1 pet, 1 buff, 1 hunt chest, 1 random armour/cloak, 1 revive

That way players lower on the rankings get some stuff to help them compete, and the extra buff card for the leader would help everyone since from my experience we never get all the buffs cause the lowest rank players are slacking and not opening their free buff cards to help the team

4th run just started almost 2 hrs ago.

-this time started with legionnaire instead of trueshot, and they changed hunt timer back to 24hr hunt from 12hr hunt...

Still have doubts we're going to meet the 300 total bosses, mostly because as the screenshot shows. I have like 1/4 of all kills, and don't plan to be able to kill 75 bosses in a day. 

- I think boss hunt was better when 200 bosses was goal and got a milestone reward every 20 instead of current 30 boss milestones... at least it would feel a lot more obtainable.

Screenshot_20161029-082426.png

I agree with Thungbard... Give pet cards to everyone, they are the main reason to play the boss hunt. Less competition - more cooperation.

Not sure how "wild bosses" work but it would be nice if they spawn more often when time passes. Just killing regular bosses doesn't work, they become to strong at some point and gold drops are to low to upgrade equipment enough (only 20% of the upgrade costs for the highest item from mystery chests doesn't help too...).

I've participated in 4 boss hunts so far, and while I really like the core concept of it, it does need some tweaking.

- 200 bosses is a lot more reasonable especially that quite often players give up too soon, and majority of the kills are by the top 2-3 players, who are basically carrying the rest of the team

- I think you should try to make people more motivated to participate. The rewards are good, but it is a competition where the top players get the best deal out of it. I think it can discourage those who are at the bottom and simply just let the rest do it and since wether they participate or not it won't really increase their rewards. A possibly work around could be if you tied the 1st/2nd/3rd rewards to time. Like reaching milestone 1 in 10 minutes +3 pet, 15 minutes +2pet, 20 minutes +1pet for everyone participating. I'm not sure if it will encourage people more but I think it is worth a try (times can be changed, i just made up some numbers).

- Inactivity can easily be a problem finishing a hunt. Motivating players to participate is a good start, but some kind of inactivity checker could be implemented as well (like zero boss kills after 2-3 hours), and then letting maybe new people join

I'm in a boss hunt right now, it's my third thus far and while I really like the concept, it does indeed need some tweaking!

Compared to my first boss hunt, every floor and boss is considerably tougher and this 3rd hunt I often get knocked down before i can even kill 5 enemies. This makes it very frustrating. This is obviously mostly because there are always around 4 people who are battling for the top tier rewards, and the rest is just slacking. They don't put in nearly as much effort as the people going for the prizes, resulting in the top hunters not getting any upgrades and being unable to clear floors, let alone kill bosses. This can easily be changed by giving everyone who is at least somewhat active in the boss hunt some pet rewards, as these are the rewards that are the best thing about the boss hunts.

So far my favorite boss hunt out of the three was my second. In the first it was just way too easy to run through each floor and you just 1 shot every boss you came across, but in this 3rd hunt i'm waiting for my knight to get back up more than i'm actively playing because everyone is just that much stronger. In the second one I still got punished for not keeping my healing clone up and not actively playing, by being knocked down a few times, but i know this was entirely my own fault. This third hunt there's often times that I really think there's nothing I could have done better, yet I still get knocked down. This just feels very annoying and makes me want to quit the boss hunt, as nobody on the hunt is killing any bosses this way. The top hunters can't proceed further into the dungeon because the lower hunters are slacking, and the lower hunters are slacking because of the top hunter rewards system.

My point is just that the game mode is very fun, but it needs everyone in the hunt to be active in order to be fun for anyone, and I think that this can be achieved by rewarding everybody, and not just the hunters who are fastest to join and spend the most gems on revives.:)

The last hunt was pretty tough. I got fast 1st through my unique play style, but impossible to get more as 8 milestone done. I just got so dumb and useless items dropped, seeems like on purpose. The only valuable stats were amor, to survive the most shit over time. Were farming gold for hours to get the next boss done. And the most annoying thing was the surprise bosses. They disappeared after 5 seconds on higher levels. Not doable!

6 hours ago, Michio said:

why give pets to people who accomplish nothing and are obviously hindering the effort from the description and screenshots shown?

Then remove the pet cards from group milestones and add individual milestones: all 2 (or maybe 3) bosses you kill you get a pet card (player who hit the individual milestones first could get extra cards: +2 for the 1st, +1 to 2nd and 3rd). 10 individual milestones too.

20 bosses for everone to get their pet cards = 200 Bosses. 300 for the group to get the megabox at the end, so everyone should be able to get their boss kills. Could work?

Well, kicking inactive player will most likely not work...

Replace them? Someone else will join the group and will see the top 3 has already 20+, maybe 30+ kills. What's the motivation to grind up his way to the top when he gets nothing on the way?

Scale down the milestones and continue with less player? Well, then make it a 3 man hunt from the beginning with bonus rewards for the top 3 ;)

You need to match people together, not just random people. go by the highest floor completed or something. But yeah when 1 person can watch videos and be at 10 kills when others are just hitting 5, why should they stick around? They do participate, but when its obvious you have nothing left to gain from it why would you continue?

Stage 32.

Challenge: Enemies resist skill damage. Enemies reflect weapon damage.

Knocked down every single group. Trying my best, but gold drops are pathetic, boxes rarely drop, and despite upgrades, there seems to be no change in dmg/armor. Lower rank not contributing.

Not sure how this qualifies as fun?

IMG_1404.PNG

Or kill an average 40 Bosses each "Boss Event" with hardly anyone else participating or using boost cards then the boss hunt finishes with hours still left on the clock!?

Boss Hunt needs reworking, participation is super low (even if lower kills just for partipation the reward should be 1 pet shard each milestone, that would encourage play) and anyone putting any effort into it ATM is wasting time/effort and gold if it randomly finishes whenever it wants.

Its soul destroying putting so much effort into for very little reward and random time finishes.

Edited by Nyxx

Getting to milestone 1 and 2 was easy. Took less than  half hour to kill 10 bosses. Another hour to get to 20 and over 2 hours to get to 25. For a team to reach milestone 10 every player would need to kill 30 bosses which would require a 5-6 hour commitment to reach.  The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

A much simpler solution would be to increase the number of random bosses that appear.   From what I've seen  it's one random boss chance per level and once you find that random one, no more will appear until you grind through and kill the next scheduled boss. 

The amount of video chests that appeared was insanely low.  In our hunt, we got 119 bosses (choke!) and the #1 had 26...and about half were under 10

Since there's little incentive for the bottom players, not a single one cared to get that one more to make it 120.

I found the second hunt to be much more difficult. We had more active players than the first one I was in but we achieved a lower milestone. I don't know if that was because something was changed, other than the armor being static, or if it was due to the videos not working and slowing down leveling progress. They are a fun distraction but if you are not one of the first people to wake up and join the group the chances of you hitting the top 3 are slim. This seems to make the lower people drop out and not participate. Possibly change the reward system so everyone gets something useful (possibly gems, tokens, gold) based on their performance at the end of the event plus the current additional bonus for leaders.