Sign in to follow this  
Anderswan

Ideas for better participation in BH

When you place in top three, your next Boss Hunt should place you with other top three players only. Give higher powered items stat wise, more gold from kills, etc. 

Have better rewards next start of BH. 

Gold - Starts off with three random three star items and 1/2 million gold. 

Silver - Start off with two random three star items and 1/2 million gold. 

Bronze - Start off with one random three star item and 1/2 million gold. 

I like this idea.  I was thinking about another idea that's very similar.

I've participated in 3 or 4 boss hunts now and my complaints are the same as others. It's discouraging to always have folks in the group with very few kills while others are grinding to get as high as possible to make up for the slackers.   And others complain that the rewards just aren't worth it.  I've seen this in other games as well.  An MMO will create a brand new dungeon that's really tough and fun to play but if the loot isn't that great for the effort then no one comes to visit that dungeon after the newness wears off.

What you need is a way to create rewards that make grinding a boss hunt worth it while making sure the slackers in the group aren't rewarded for doing nothing.  Here's my idea:

Create a tiered Boss Hunt that lasts for a week.  Just like now, you have a tier 1 boss hunt for 24 hours.  Current rewards.  On day 2, only the top 3 players from each hunt are able to continue on to the tier 2 Hunt.  Perhaps also include any ranked 4 or 5 players that happened to land in a great group and also scored a lot of kills.  The tier 2 hunt offers better rewards.  Day 3 continues with only the players that scored in the top 3 in the tier 2 hunt.   This could be a multi-day hunt and offers even better rewards to the top players.  

I don't know how many tiers would make sense but it would give some incentive to the grinders that just isn't there right now.

On 09/12/2016 at 0:32 AM, Pyper said:

I like this idea.  I was thinking about another idea that's very similar.

I've participated in 3 or 4 boss hunts now and my complaints are the same as others. It's discouraging to always have folks in the group with very few kills while others are grinding to get as high as possible to make up for the slackers.   And others complain that the rewards just aren't worth it.  I've seen this in other games as well.  An MMO will create a brand new dungeon that's really tough and fun to play but if the loot isn't that great for the effort then no one comes to visit that dungeon after the newness wears off.

What you need is a way to create rewards that make grinding a boss hunt worth it while making sure the slackers in the group aren't rewarded for doing nothing.  Here's my idea:

Create a tiered Boss Hunt that lasts for a week.  Just like now, you have a tier 1 boss hunt for 24 hours.  Current rewards.  On day 2, only the top 3 players from each hunt are able to continue on to the tier 2 Hunt.  Perhaps also include any ranked 4 or 5 players that happened to land in a great group and also scored a lot of kills.  The tier 2 hunt offers better rewards.  Day 3 continues with only the players that scored in the top 3 in the tier 2 hunt.   This could be a multi-day hunt and offers even better rewards to the top players.  

I don't know how many tiers would make sense but it would give some incentive to the grinders that just isn't there right now.

it's the same as my topic no ... ^^