• Announcements

• Alysea

Discord Server   09/28/2016

Hello everyone, We now have a Discord Server for Royal Revolt 2! You can head out here to join us! Please note that this is not a support channel and it is not an official channel. If you need to contact the support, please go here: http://support.flaregames.com
KKStar

Shortcomings in the War System

Alliance Wars  

197 members have voted

1. 1. What according to you is making Alliance Wars Unsatisfactory?

• Same boosts as rewards over & over again
    • Unfair Match-up
    • Too less an Incentive to Participate for the whole alliance
    • Structural Problems like Placements in War Map, thus a new system needed
    • Low Loot & Low Individual Rewards
    • Easy abuse of the system - Fiefdom Dropping, Switching Alliances, etc.
    • The overall concept is not good
    • Only few minor annoying things
    • It sucks a lot of gems and time
    • Other, Kindly specify
  2. 2. What could be a Possible Solution?

• A Complete Rework
    • Implementation of Minimum Fiefdoms
    • Implementation of a Ban on Switching Alliances Mid-War
    • New Matchmaking Criteria
    • Same system with a Shorter Format
    • New War Boosts
    • Provision for Better Individual Rewards
    • Rewards for an Alliance for Participation (eg. Gold Reward)
    • Removal of LB/Change to LB/Addition of a system like LB
    • Other, Kindly Specify

So, Wars have been something which have been criticized by many for various reasons. So the Poll above says it all, and we need to identify what's wrong with it before we jump on asking for a change. ;) 

Edited by KKStar

As a solution, I'd like a new design of maps as well.

With our current design, you can either be stuck on a side with a stronger alliance than you, or when you're in the middle be attacked by 3 alliances at one( so 4 fiefdoms to fight for) just because they may also be stuck on a side or for whatever reason and he.ce have only you to attack.

A sphere design haq already be proposed, and it could solve most of these problems :

-No possibility of being stuck (no edge of map)

- Alliance has always 3 or 4 possibilities of attacking, it would reduce the 4 fiefdoms at once problem.

Also this design would need a bit proe aliances on the map, so you don't fight the same alliance during the whole war

Kk,

I still feel pushing the boosts out into a sub event is the best option.

Wars to me should be fought with nearly all  the twists and turns left in place.

Its about bragging rights and great booty for those that do.

Unless you make wars about who is the best alliance and a rating system its really not about your alliance but just a sham for other goodies.

Sure have good rewards like ninja for those who do well and a decent chests and coin for individual effort.

Then.... alliances who particate in wars gain access to the boost event.

Then how important is a bad matchup?

Everyone keeps saying they just want it so they have a reasonable opportunity ? Well they are talking about boosts, nothing else honestly.

Edited by whatsa

I think "unfair matchup" is a bit of a red herring, everyone has to face someone, and not everyone can come first, the issue is that there is no tiered reward system for coming 4th-6th that would make those maps worth fighting (e.g. 1 war boost for 6th, to 6 war boosts for 1st).

The lag between wars also makes it difficult, it's now nearly a month to regain a boost if it's lost.

1 hour ago, KKStar said:

I assumed that it would be incl. in shorter format -> less battles/less days :) 

I think less battles per day is different to shorter format.

A 5 day war is probably about right, however, 10 battles per fief is too many, 8 is probably a better amount (with 10 for the occasional war).  Also reduce champions to 8 extra battles.

If there was a "less battles per fief" option, I'd have ticked it.

What about this solution regarding the war:

Map design & strategy
-    Every alliance has only 1 fiefdom
-    The same alliance fiefdom can be attacked by the others alliances, but max 2 times.
-    All alliaces fight in all wars of the season , even if they loose all battles.
-    The loser bonus should be use only when you fight with the same alliance witch you optained that bonus (if alliance “A” is attacked by alliance “B” and “C” and loses the fights they will obtain, let say 1,2 % and 0,9% loser bonus. If they attack or are attacked again by alliance “A” the bonus will be  1,2%, by alliance “B” bonus will be 0,9% and by alliance “C”  0%)
-    the final ranking will be according to the number of wins, in case of tie breaker will be based on direct matches. The nr of wins will represent the fiefdom that you win in that season.
War alliances choice 
- For each player FG should create a score depending on the towers and the army they have on the map :
As an example:
Lighting Tower level 1 = 100 Points
Lighting Tower max level= 1000 Points
Level 1 Ogre = 100 Points
Max level Ogre= 500 Points
….,……………..,…………………………………..
-    After war season start , anyone not able to edit the map and waves (only can reposition existing towers and waves) . FG should  announce this the same way as they do  when is maintenance.
- In this way all alliances will have a score and FG can choose the 5 alliances that will participate in the war according to that score (Same they do with ninja event)

My problems for war are that they provide same boost on winning war , they give one very powerful alliance which is unbeatable. changes i need are - provide different boost after winning the wars & wars should occur on gap of 15 days which runs for 4 days. and also renew the war concept because its too boring after playing 10-12 war season so change war concept after every 10-15 war seasons.

The system encourages leechers. Not fighting in war, but getting all boosts.

Could be done like ninja alliance rewards: Who is in the alliance at the end of the war
and fought enough during war (has to be defined, e.g. by number of raids and skulls),
gets the rewarded boosts on a players level. Only stored as a yes/no flag in addition to
the boost activation in the alliance itself (as it is today, including being able to prolog it).
The player flags are reset at the time of max prolonging possibility of the boost.

So the condition for a particular player having a certain boost "B" would be: is the boost
"B" active in the alliance and the player has earned "B" during last war: activate "B" for
him. In all other cases he doesn't have the boost for offense and defense.

E.g. a player has earned a boost in one alliance, but moves to another alliance without
the boost: he doesn't get it. A player not having earned the boost would never get it in any
alliance.

The number of fights has to be equal for all. Now it is easily possible to have 5 fights for one alliance
and 15 for another. The first alliance has no chance of getting uber chests, having done nothing wrong.

Could be solved e.g. by a league system.

Occasionally, I would like to see limitless battles again too.  Limiting is a pay to win convenience change which benefits paid players the most.  I'm not suggesting every war, but it would be nice to see the old format once in a blue moon.

3 hours ago, Heldeep said:

Occasionally, I would like to see limitless battles again too.  Limiting is a pay to win convenience change which benefits paid players the most.  I'm not suggesting every war, but it would be nice to see the old format once in a blue moon.

i dont think is a good idea, because i think there are paople who share the account, so can be worst.

i think the best can be only 6 battle max per fief and 12 if you champ, because sometimes an alliance can face many fronts. and a solution with loser bonus , and also when a war starts nobody can change the alliance to go to other alliance, ( i dont know if i explain this well, my english is bad)

4 hours ago, Heldeep said:

in the war some alliance get 3 or some get 4 wars and some alliances get only one war. If there is no limit on war then the alliance which faces only one war can focus on it and wins easily against the alliance which get 3 or 4 battles because players have to focus on all war and in this way paid players buy more foods and attack more and wins easily.

4 minutes ago, montysingh said:

in the war some alliance get 3 or some get 4 wars and some alliances get only one war. If there is no limit on war then the alliance which faces only one war can focus on it and wins easily against the alliance which get 3 or 4 battles because players have to focus on all war and in this way paid players buy more foods and attack more and wins easily.

You would think this, but it doesn't always work that way.  Plenty of multi front wars before the new system were juggled properly. 

5 hours ago, Heldeep said:

Plz dont introduce limitless battles.

It will be hard to win in war if we get three or four fronts and all other alliances fighting limitless battles.  Already it is hard to complete all battles if we get three or four fronts in a day.