• Announcements

• Alysea

Discord Server   09/28/2016

Hello everyone, We now have a Discord Server for Royal Revolt 2! You can head out here to join us! Please note that this is not a support channel and it is not an official channel. If you need to contact the support, please go here: http://support.flaregames.com
KKStar

Shortcomings in the War System

Alliance Wars  

197 members have voted

1. 1. What according to you is making Alliance Wars Unsatisfactory?

• Same boosts as rewards over & over again
    • Unfair Match-up
    • Too less an Incentive to Participate for the whole alliance
    • Structural Problems like Placements in War Map, thus a new system needed
    • Low Loot & Low Individual Rewards
    • Easy abuse of the system - Fiefdom Dropping, Switching Alliances, etc.
    • The overall concept is not good
    • Only few minor annoying things
    • It sucks a lot of gems and time
    • Other, Kindly specify
  2. 2. What could be a Possible Solution?

• A Complete Rework
    • Implementation of Minimum Fiefdoms
    • Implementation of a Ban on Switching Alliances Mid-War
    • New Matchmaking Criteria
    • Same system with a Shorter Format
    • New War Boosts
    • Provision for Better Individual Rewards
    • Rewards for an Alliance for Participation (eg. Gold Reward)
    • Removal of LB/Change to LB/Addition of a system like LB
    • Other, Kindly Specify

5 minutes ago, JT said:

You misunderstood my idea pip69 :P not unlimited attacks.... i know i said limitless attacks in a day I meant every team only gets 1 war declaration, but 1 fiefdom can by attacked by several teams around it. So weak teams can get out of corners, it would reduce the fiefs being attacked in a season's time, it makes it where the possibility of a weak team losing all fiefs in one day less likely, it would be help a better fief movement throughout the game , it would down how many wars are available in a day, & makes a higher possibility for weak teams to be able face each other for 3rd or face each for more fiefs earned towards better fief zones for better percentages in the war boosts that may be provided for them next season.. in general it adds more suspense to what could happen to a fiefdom is one day, & not only sometimes would you have to show one team off but 5 if positioned in the middle of the map & everyone wants the taste for that one fiefff!! Like you guys are boring ass poop heads man.... that would be fun, mind blowing, adrenaline pumping tention that all team would want! why do these two teams want this one fief & another want this one other fief? Brings more strategizing to the table! This could also stop team leaders/generals from declaring war as the game starts for the best choice of attack for the next day, but bring more options. maybe I wanna beat everyone in this one battle today & set everyone behind on earning a fief because my team was the strongest of the bunch. So instead of attacking immediately i wait for the fief with most declarations were to prove my team is the strongest... it would broaden our choice & days of battling, rather than the same approach. I would like to hear back from a flare staff member about my idea please :) rather then be pouched by hateful inaccurate responses by invididuals that dont take the time to see the beautiful outcome of that IDEA that could be easily used & altered by flaregames! :)))

I'm pretty sure they think their ideas are beautiful too ;)

Of course, everyone's ideas & opinions matter! No one deserves negative feedback. Flare doesn't deserve it, i don't deserve it, & neither does anyone else deserve hateful negative approaches to their ideas. ;) to be honest some people make their selves look stupid disrespecting someone's ideas while they have no idea of allllll the outcomes of the idea :P

30 minutes ago, whatsa said:

I'm pretty sure they think their ideas are beautiful too ;)

I'm also pretty sure after you had just read all nice outcomes of a nicely designed idea for benefiting more motivation & correcting alot of areas that needing fixed like fast declaring, teams being pouched, more fair competition, & with a broaden of new/more strategies all from a little change on how declaring is made ;) i can't wait to hear from flaregames!! I'm sure they will take the time to desifer the outcomes & maybe want to use it or alter it their own way.

Future tip whatsa, stop saying people's ideas are impossible. Just saying, you said mine was impossible & now after I had to explain to you almost every outcome that my idea would make, you stay silenced about the subject...  I took my time progressing what changes were needed, look for trial/error, & what everyone was wanting improvements for then post3d my idea XD you stay sil3nced, when you discover that i didn't make some outrageous idea. You call people's ideas impossible & unrealistic, when you may have simply over looked their idea's outcomes like you did mine :P listen homie, i have helped soooo many people out in this game ove 1y & 9m.. lots of them turned into hard working kings ready for top game play. im new to posting on forum, Why follow me around like a nat? I been on 2 threads, both helping & expression meanful ideas... veryyy useful ideas.. ;)  you are just always approaching me in a negative & unsupportive manner :P do I know you & you have grudge out of me? I mean almost 99% who know me I help anyone & everyone I can everyday & always. I'm just asking you to be generous to people answers/ideas as they are only either being creative or are trying to help a cause.

52 minutes ago, JT said:

I'm also pretty sure after you had just read all nice outcomes of a nicely designed idea for benefiting more motivation & correcting alot of areas that needing fixed like fast declaring, teams being pouched, more fair competition, & with a broaden of new/more strategies all from a little change on how declaring is made ;) i can't wait to hear from flaregames!! I'm sure they will take the time to desifer the outcomes & maybe want to use it or alter it their own way.

Future tip whatsa, stop saying people's ideas are impossible. Just saying, you said mine was impossible & now after I had to explain to you almost every outcome that my idea would make, you stay silenced about the subject...  I took my time progressing what changes were needed, look for trial/error, & what everyone was wanting improvements for then post3d my idea XD you stay sil3nced, when you discover that i didn't make some outrageous idea. You call people's ideas impossible & unrealistic, when you may have simply over looked their idea's outcomes like you did mine :P listen homie, i have helped soooo many people out in this game ove 1y & 9m.. lots of them turned into hard working kings ready for top game play. im new to posting on forum, Why follow me around like a nat? I been on 2 threads, both helping & expression meanful ideas... veryyy useful ideas.. ;)  you are just always approaching me in a negative & unsupportive manner :P do I know you & you have grudge out of me? I mean almost 99% who know me I help anyone & everyone I can everyday & always. I'm just asking you to be generous to people answers/ideas as they are only either being creative or are trying to help a cause.

JT,

I am sure you are a very smart person.

What I have posted was just my opinion. I honestly don't know you so I really don't know what you're issue is?

I think you should stop deciding people have a grudge because their opinion differs.... just as you have strong opinions and post them so do others.

We do not have to agree. It ok settle down.

Another person may think their idea is as beautiful as you think yours are .... that does not make them hateful or other negative things.

That's your problem of people not agreeing with you so they must be bad people ... its so obvious to you why don't others see it?

Edited by whatsa

3 hours ago, LacunaC said:

Add a system where skulls are given to players who succeed in defending their bases during war. The addition of skulls can be rounded down with a division of 10.

For example, if someone is supposed to get 1015 skulls by successfully raiding "player X", but failed the raid and only gets 500 skulls, that would be (1015-500)/10. Player X will gain about 51 skulls for successfully defending his base in that scenario. It helps bring balance to the importance of "defense".

It's still partially a tower defense game, yet, not enough significance is given to the element of "defense" in this game.

p.s. to avoid players from "baiting" by dropping trophies, give trophies a more significant role by adding skull bonus according to trophies. It can go by tier system like ninja events. For example, 5900+ will have 10% skull bonus, 5499 - 9%, 4999 - 8% etc etc.

This just kills it, only OP scrollers get more importance.

15 minutes ago, KKStar said:

What does scroll have to do with my proposal?

You don't use scrolls to have a good defense, and you don't need scrolls to get trophies.

If a 5000 trophy player gets additional 4% skull bonus compared to a 3000 trophy player (4 tier difference), he most well deserved it for maintaining his trophies.

To many players (especially since Ninja Event has now become much tougher), trophies are more like liabilities than assets.

Trophies are supposed to be something treasured by players. However, due to the current system, most players dump it like it's crap.

18 minutes ago, KKStar said:

Lol its funny kk star the diversity of opinions and solutions, and maybe this shows that the problem is not an easy one and probably will not be fixed but some issues mitigated.

1 minute ago, LacunaC said:

What does scroll have to do with my proposal?

You don't use scrolls to have a good defense, and you don't need scrolls to get trophies.

If a 5000 trophy player gets additional 4% skull bonus compared to a 3000 trophy player (4 tier difference), he most well deserved it for maintaining his trophies.

To many players (especially since Ninja Event has now become much tougher), trophies are more like liabilities than assets.

Trophies are supposed to be something treasured by players. However, due to the current system, most players dump it like it's crap.

If people gain skulls for people losing on their base, then only scrollers will get place in top alliances. ;) 

Also it can be easily abused. 

Just now, KKStar said:

If people gain skulls for people losing on their base, then only scrollers will get place in top alliances. ;) 

I still don't quite get you. Please elaborate.

My proposal is not to change the current system, but to add to it.

Players still get skulls from raiding their opponents. My suggestion is that they ALSO get skulls from successfully defending against opponents.

How is this going to make the war system overpowered? It brings balance between offense and defense.

2 minutes ago, LacunaC said:

I still don't quite get you. Please elaborate.

My proposal is not to change the current system, but to add to it.

Players still get skulls from raiding their opponents. My suggestion is that they ALSO get skulls from successfully defending against opponents.

How is this going to make the war system overpowered? It brings balance between offense and defense.

Currently, if you lose, you just lose out on some skulls, if defense is rewarded skulls, it brings imbalance, and encourages people to scroll more.

Just now, KKStar said:

Currently, if you lose, you just lose out on some skulls, if defense is rewarded skulls, it brings imbalance, and encourages people to scroll more.

If a player scrolls, the opponent gets gems. The fact that it encourages people to scroll more doesn't mean that it is imbalance.

The reason is simple. In every game, there are different strategies. A player can choose to be more offensive by focusing on offense, or a player can choose to be more defensive by focusing on defense.

In RR2, however, the importance of offense WAY outweigh the importance of defense.

If a player focuses on defense and spend all his pearls on towers instead of spells, he may have difficulty raiding others during war, but he will still be rewarded with skulls for defending his base.

The numbers I proposed is based on a rough calculation. The numbers can vary after testing to bring balance to it. However, and more importantly, RR2 should give more reward to players with good defense than just saying "oh you get to protect your gold and skulls better".

p.s. This issue is applicable to the trophy issue. RR2 should reward players INDIVIDUALLY for maintaining high trophies, not just "oh you get that measly increase in gold reward collectively as a team". Getting skull bonus by 1% per "tier" seems pretty reasonable to me.

1 minute ago, LacunaC said:

p.s. This issue is applicable to the trophy issue. RR2 should reward players INDIVIDUALLY for maintaining high trophies, not just "oh you get that measly increase in gold reward collectively as a team". Getting skull bonus by 1% per "tier" seems pretty reasonable to me.

Trophy dumping would be popular again making wars a further mess.

Just now, KKStar said:

Trophy dumping would be popular again making wars a further mess.

My proposal is to resolve trophy dumping, not quite sure if you are misunderstanding me.

Why would a player dump trophies if they get additional skull bonus by having MORE trophies?

Right now, players are motivated to have LESS trophies during war so that they can bait other players.

The proposal was to demotivate trophy dumping.

Just now, LacunaC said:

My proposal is to resolve trophy dumping, not quite sure if you are misunderstanding me.

Why would a player dump trophies if they get additional skull bonus by having MORE trophies?

Right now, players are motivated to have LESS trophies during war so that they can bait other players.

The proposal was to demotivate trophy dumping.

This motivates, get other 2nd ids, friend alliances to dump trophies at your base and make a huge skull bonus.

1 minute ago, KKStar said:

This motivates, get other 2nd ids, friend alliances to dump trophies at your base and make a huge skull bonus.

I think this is a lesser problem compared to the fact that trophies are not important enough to be maintained. I believe other players feel the same, that there's no reason why they should maintain their trophies. I may be wrong, but.... well... this is a discussion thread anyway, I'd like to see what others think too.

3 minutes ago, LacunaC said:

I think this is a lesser problem compared to the fact that trophies are not important enough to be maintained. I believe other players feel the same, that there's no reason why they should maintain their trophies. I may be wrong, but.... well... this is a discussion thread anyway, I'd like to see what others think too.

Even a 1% skull bonus given 10k+ skulls extra which matters a lot in top warfare.

36 minutes ago, KKStar said:

How many losts per 1 fight between each other make Top alliances, how r u think?

Just now, KKStar said:

So you think it will help to balance wars?

I dnt know.

i even dnt know how to change

new map

no mercs

loserbonus-need fix idea. Cuz 1% lb is 8700, 1% scull average is 2200.i haven't idea how to change.

It would just be open to abuse by alliances friendly with each other.

Cromka is saying that of the 680 fights between two top alliances, the loss rate might be 0.02%, so the loser skulls won't make a difference to the fight against each other, but will be manipulated by friendly alliances instead.

That's not to say that a good defender shouldn't get more reward, but probably outside the war system instead, they should also add details on how quickly a person beat a base, and if they died/revived, where the die/revive occurred on the path, and if you defend, award a basic chest for every X fails (dependent on the king level who faced you).