• Announcements

• Alysea

Discord Server   09/28/2016

Hello everyone, We now have a Discord Server for Royal Revolt 2! You can head out here to join us! Please note that this is not a support channel and it is not an official channel. If you need to contact the support, please go here: http://support.flaregames.com
Maerique

Is the Necromancer the Only Unit that should be in your Defenive Waves?

I think Flare f#cked up (again). 

Did you know on defense the Necromancer has 6 times the Health as it does on Offense? 

That's more Health than a maxed out Skull Tower!

So it begs the question: Why would anyone use anything but Necromancers in their defensive waves?

18 minutes ago, Maerique said:

Did you know on defense the Necromancer has 6 times the Health as it does on Offense? 

So it begs the question: Why would anyone use anything but Necromancers in their defensive waves?

Cause they have NO damage at lvl 1, cause they don't spawn more than one skeleton at a time

2 hours ago, Maerique said:

So it begs the question: Why would anyone use anything but Necromancers in their defensive waves

Yeah,

Its a odd thing .... the few I have run into are woeful to deadly even THOUGH the base is otherwise weak.

I hope they balance this soon as its a good addition but should not be that excessive that other troops become useless.

2 hours ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

It doesn't even make sense. Why would necromancers be so much stronger on defense?

They were trying to make the L shaped base "weaker" by introducing a powerful new unit weak to piercing damage. 

The L shaped base has the maximum exposure to arrow fire for both offenses and defenses. 

Now there's reason when using a lot of Necromancers to not use the L shaped base.

3 hours ago, Maerique said:

They were trying to make the L shaped base "weaker" by introducing a powerful new unit weak to piercing damage. 

The L shaped base has the maximum exposure to arrow fire for both offenses and defenses. 

Now there's reason when using a lot of Necromancers to not use the L shaped base.

Yep, the exact reason I dont use Necromancers....I have an L base 

6 hours ago, Maerique said:

I guess that makes sense but no one uses archers/arblasters on offense so that's awkward. They should buff them if they want players to use them.

1 hour ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

I meant the idea of making the L shape less effective makes sense. I like that idea because I think there should be more variety in defenses. Good idea, bad execution.

I agree there!  :-)

Until Flare decide to fix this problem. I guess the best for now is max the Necro and accumulate pearls and forge the Necro. Max your wave and mix Monk and Necro. This way at 41K or if forged at 46K everyone who face you have a hard time. Necro is overpowering in defense then why not use them. 

49 minutes ago, everline said:

Why is it in suggestions and improvement? What's the suggestion?

I'm suggesting that Flare f#cked up the game again!  :-)
And implying that they should fix it. 
Or at least stop f#cking it up.

haha nice come back! :D

So adjusting the balance with the necromancer. Gotta say I was planning to switch my defense to necromancer too (haven't had the time to up it there, i'm currently prioritizing offense) along with range units.

3 hours ago, everline said:

haha nice come back! :D

I like you!  You're a good sport even though I'm a Jack@ss.  I know I'm a Jack@ss!  That's how you get noticed on the internet. 

But I am the Jack@ss who's suggestions like: Lighting Towers, Blacksmith, and Beasts all got implemented...  with very degrees of disappointment to the Jack@ss!

Actually I think they killed it on the Blacksmith couldn't be happier!  Well once they take my fusing idea!

Anyway, you ever need an Alliance and Knights who say Ni has a home for you!  You too Warriornator!

5927d2b5c1cbf_KnightswhosayNi.gif.b6a9dcfba9e8e4c2fbd8102b3ad4e714.gif

Edited by Maerique

7 hours ago, Maerique said:

I like you!  You're a good sport even though I'm a Jack@ss.  I know I'm a Jack@ss!  That's how you get noticed on the internet. 

But I am the Jack@ss who's suggestions like: Lighting Towers, Blacksmith, and Beasts all got implemented...  with very degrees of disappointment to the Jack@ss!

:lol:

1 hour ago, Maerique said:

Question?

How do we know that the Necromancer has 6 x the Health on defense?

I'm not arguing it...

But I can't see it anywhere in the in game stats...

@oPelle, where do you get your info for the wiki?

http://royal-revolt-2.wikia.com/wiki/Necromancer

Not just for necro but mostly for everything on wikia i asked to devs

On 25.5.2017 at 9:58 AM, Maerique said:

Not sure I agree there... necros spawn tons of skeletons which flood the opposite lane, thus distracting long ranged units from hitting across-path towers (even cannons will target the skeletons instead of towers). And L-shaped bases have lots of across-path towers which now are immune to cannons whenever there's skeletons there - most of the time, for necro-heavy bases, which is most bases nowadays... so, necros can work on L-shaped bases as well, thus not necessarily incentivizing moving away from them, even if they might indeed make it a little easier to get non-L-bases to work decently compared to pre-necros.

Besides, overall tankiness and skeleton spawning of necros make them pretty hard to take out for offensive archers/arbs, and especially with those having low health, some unreachable long range bombers (or range-perked firebolts or even skulls to some extent) can easily pick off all those archers at an initial chokepoint, which means your morale points get wasted and your reinforcements dry out fairly quickly, putting your army frontline + king against necros.

Anyway, in reply to the opening question of this topic, I don't necessarily think necromancers are the only unit to put in your defensive waves, but atm certainly they're the go-to troop for the bulk of your wave morale I'd say.

Their slowly charging lightning strike and their skeleton spawning make them very dangerous if you let them live, move forward with your king to focus on structures, and hope your army troops will bring down the necros, as you could quickly end up with your own troops getting outnumbered and decimated by tons of skeletons. (Unless if you use boosted Wolf-Ogre combos for your army... "OP WOK/WOM imbalanced?")

Let alone, the DPS of necros themselves and their skeletons is fairly high which can cause massive damage to your troops and/or king if you don't watch out.

So you would think "ok then, let's just kill those necros early on with a spell and be good" - except that is basically impossible.

I mean, seriously... I have recently (on low lvl alliance wars) raided bases of 2-2.5k trophy players ("low lvls") who had unboosted necros in their waves. Well, if they had not had necros and instead any other wave troops, I could have easily 100%-ed those bases without summoning any troops and without using any spells, just by having the easter egg ring and possibly some king melee attacks here and there. In other words: Those bases are easy as heck for a high level players.

Now, with unboosted necros in there... I ended up using 3 max-lvl well-forged spells with spell-perk gear to barely bring down the necros of a single wave - if I am lucky and not an unboosted monk or heal tower casts their heal and nullify my spells' damage... :blink::huh:

And now that is just insanely out of balance imho - if a high-lvl player's 3 max-lvl, well-perked, spell-perk-gear-supported spells are required to barely kill a single unboosted unit in a single wave of a low-lvl player whose whole base requires no single spell to be destroyed otherwise, then clearly something is off.

2 hours ago, Heroesflorian said:

Not sure I agree there... necros spawn tons of skeletons which flood the opposite lane, thus distracting long ranged units from hitting across-path towers (even cannons will target the skeletons instead of towers). And L-shaped bases have lots of across-path towers which now are immune to cannons whenever there's skeletons there - most of the time, for necro-heavy bases, which is most bases nowadays... so, necros can work on L-shaped bases as well, thus not necessarily incentivizing moving away from them, even if they might indeed make it a little easier to get non-L-bases to work decently compared to pre-necros.

Besides, overall tankiness and skeleton spawning of necros make them pretty hard to take out for offensive archers/arbs, and especially with those having low health, some unreachable long range bombers (or range-perked firebolts or even skulls to some extent) can easily pick off all those archers at an initial chokepoint, which means your morale points get wasted and your reinforcements dry out fairly quickly, putting your army frontline + king against necros.

Anyway, in reply to the opening question of this topic, I don't necessarily think necromancers are the only unit to put in your defensive waves, but atm certainly they're the go-to troop for the bulk of your wave morale I'd say.

Their slowly charging lightning strike and their skeleton spawning make them very dangerous if you let them live, move forward with your king to focus on structures, and hope your army troops will bring down the necros, as you could quickly end up with your own troops getting outnumbered and decimated by tons of skeletons. (Unless if you use boosted Wolf-Ogre combos for your army... "OP WOK/WOM imbalanced?")

Let alone, the DPS of necros themselves and their skeletons is fairly high which can cause massive damage to your troops and/or king if you don't watch out.

So you would think "ok then, let's just kill those necros early on with a spell and be good" - except that is basically impossible.

I mean, seriously... I have recently (on low lvl alliance wars) raided bases of 2-2.5k trophy players ("low lvls") who had unboosted necros in their waves. Well, if they had not had necros and instead any other wave troops, I could have easily 100%-ed those bases without summoning any troops and without using any spells, just by having the easter egg ring and possibly some king melee attacks here and there. In other words: Those bases are easy as heck for a high level players.

Now, with unboosted necros in there... I ended up using 3 max-lvl well-forged spells with spell-perk gear to barely bring down the necros of a single wave - if I am lucky and not an unboosted monk or heal tower casts their heal and nullify my spells' damage... :blink::huh:

And now that is just insanely out of balance imho - if a high-lvl player's 3 max-lvl, well-perked, spell-perk-gear-supported spells are required to barely kill a single unboosted unit in a single wave of a low-lvl player whose whole base requires no single spell to be destroyed otherwise, then clearly something is off.

I agree all points. Necors can survive 2 of my blizzards and 2 swordrains without my supporting troops attacking them. For a unit that's "weak" to both ice and pricing damage, that's pretty pathetic. It doesn't make logical sense for them to have high health anyway; ogres I can understand, but necromancers? 

They should make an equally powerful unit to counter them since I don't think any current unit can do that effectively. A unit specifically tasked with taking them and possibly other monsters down. 

Cleric, cost: 7 morale. Has similar stats to a monk, but not quite as high health/damage and no healing. Instead, the cleric has a special attack that only affects monsters and necromancers. That attack has range, and does high damage, should be able to knock out skeletons in one hit.

6 minutes ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

It doesn't make logical sense for them to have high health anyway

It does make sense, but in a way you may not like :D

Making defense OP directly generates income for Flare ;)

They did everything to get gems from top level alliance players,
first for speeding up the levels and then the forgings, after that
for scrolling in the fights (among other things like destruction of
toxic cloud, new levels for every defense structure etc.).

I was surprised, that obviously "every" (100% of 4 fights :)) top
level player is "forced" to use scrolls, based on this screenshot
from another thread:

On ‎16‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 4:22 PM, Mukelu said:

FB_IMG_1494659775063.jpg

Thanks for sharing!  All those detailed comments, @Heroesflorian, @QuantumApocalypse, and @Mogor!

I'm not going to quote them all cause I'd have like 3 pages of quotes. 

But it looks like most everyone agrees Necromancers should take up about 50% of the defensive Morale. 

And I want to ask does that really makes sense?  I say they balanced the game wrong.  I want more variety!  In an ideally balanced game (with 14 units) each unit should be taking up approximately only 7% of the morale on average!

41 minutes ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

@Mogor I meant this. It makes sense for the ogres to have high health. It makes sense for archers to have a range, it doesn't make sense for a scrawny floating witch thing to be tougher than a large stone tower or a mid level castle gate.

I wondered if Necro could have been better as a lower hp but the skeletons being a shield like component for the Necro so dispatching the skeletons was required to damage the witch and kill.

28 minutes ago, whatsa said:

I wondered if Necro could have been better as a lower hp but the skeletons being a shield like component for the Necro so dispatching the skeletons was required to damage the witch and kill.

That's how the Witch from Clash Royale works...

Which is obviously where Royal Revolt stole the idea!

Instead of our awesome and unique idea the Electrocutioner!

Edited by Maerique