• Announcements

• Alysea

Discord Server   09/28/2016

Hello everyone, We now have a Discord Server for Royal Revolt 2! You can head out here to join us! Please note that this is not a support channel and it is not an official channel. If you need to contact the support, please go here: http://support.flaregames.com
PicklePete

Skulls Don't Fire Where Range Circle Says It Should

I placed a skull tower with a range of 6.1 in a location where it would strike troops on the first turn out of the tent. The range circle indicates that troops hitting the top right corner of that tile (red arrow) should be hit with a barrage of skulls.

However, when I test my base and run my king into that corner no skulls appear. It makes that tower pretty useless.

2017-06-10.thumb.png.bccf406d106135c6ae149d94fd692a8d.png

I am assuming this is a bug with either the range or the range indicator, but either way the circles should accurately show the range so we place towers appropriately.

@PaSte @flaretara

I noticed this also for other towers like firebolts plus boosted bomb tower. They should be activated, but actually they just come short a fraction. It's indeed not helping a lot while redesigning a base. 

Really? in this case the display bug of range was in the game since a very long time. I never expect that was a bug when I have see my skulls tower in corner don't shoot or my firebolt tower. Sorry I cannot recognize a bug. 2 time player report a bug that I found in the game. Maybe next time I must look better. My bad sorry. A long time i should have report it.

i have this bug since maybe 1 year or more

Edited by Warriornator

8 hours ago, Warriornator said:

Really? in this case the display bug of range was in the game since a very long time. I never expect that was a bug when I have see my skulls tower in corner don't shoot or my firebolt tower. Sorry I cannot recognize a bug. 2 time player report a bug that I found in the game. Maybe next time I must look better. My bad sorry. A long time i should have report it.

i have this bug since maybe 1 year or more

Don't blame yourself, I have seen this already since I knew what the circles around towers meant and that's a long time ago. You do your best to help improving the game, that's what matters.

This is more than just a small bug since it changes how people perk towers and lay out paths. I had two skull towers that the circles say were close to reaching a new tile, but the range perk was lowered. Still, I spent the pearls to get the smaller range increase a few times until the range circle got into the other path.  That means I spend hundreds and maybe thousands of pearls on the game's promise that it would help my defense, and I did not receive what was promised.

Not asking for my pearls back, but nothing that the bug or design error impacts perk and placement choices, and therefore impacts game play.

Edited by PicklePete

20 hours ago, PicklePete said:

until the range circle got into the other path.  That means I spend hundreds and maybe thousands of pearls on the game's promise that it would help my defense, and I did not receive what was promised.

Your pearls are not lost, you only have to spend some more on the range and get what you wanted.
In the long run you should forge every tower 60+ times, which really helps your defense a lot ...

1 hour ago, Mogor said:

Your pearls are not lost, you only have to spend some more on the range and get what you wanted.
In the long run you should forge every tower 60+ times, which really helps your defense a lot ...

You miss the point. I made choices on what to perk and where to place towers based on the range circle reaching a certain tile. However, when opposing units hit that tile within the circle no skulls are launched.

I could have perked another tower a full 2 percent for the half percent o got on this tower and had a stronger base, but did not because of the range circle.

In other words, decisions on defending my castle were made on bad data, and therefore were wasted and ineffective.