• Announcements

• Alysea

Community BAND   02/23/2016

Hi all, If you wish to chat with the community, you can head out here: http://band.us/n/afabT0be63WeT Please note this is not a support channel and this is made by the players. It is not an official channel.
    • Alysea

Titan Chests and Invitation Codes   03/08/2017

Hey everyone, Please take a look at this topic to find more information about the Titan Chests and Invitation Codes: You also can share your Invitation Code here:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dheth

Skirmish's duration

13 posts in this topic

I started to quite dislike the duration of a day and half for skirmush .. it would really be more fair to have it either 1 or 2 days. With the day and half, every two weeks we have the end of war at around 5 in the morning and basically have to spend two nights waking up every few hours.

Now, this might be planned and can live with it, I just find unfair that with 1 and half it's always the same timezones that gets "punished" by getting the worse period. So either start it one time at 17:00 and the next time shifted of + or - 12h .. or make the duration 1 or 2 days. Would be more fair methinks :)

Thanks!

The current form of war is exhausting and is causing many players to abandon the game. 
I wrote a post earlier in the week, but they did not give much importance. 
Developers do not seem to realize this. We players really have to warn in favor of some quick change.
It can be checked here. 

@CaptainMorgan
Perhaps the best option at the moment would be to end Skirmish. In place leave "The Odyssey". 
It would make the game less tiring because we would have a weekend without much pressure. 
We would have time for out-of-game activities, personal life. 
In the post I quoted above I report what is happening with countless good old players. 
Many are discouraged by war and forced to participate every weekend. 
Would be good! Think about it fondly! 
dumpster and Victoria like this

Some people (not myself, but others in my alliance) only have weekends available to play due to work schedules. A weekend skirmish gives them a chance to play in war.  You can never please everyone!

1 hour ago, RyanPlegics said:

Some people (not myself, but others in my alliance) only have weekends available to play due to work schedules. A weekend skirmish gives them a chance to play in war.  You can never please everyone!

Surely there is no way to please everyone, but the vast majority can be taken into account. 
The great truth is that forced wars are taking the pleasure out of the game. Just take a vote and you will get the result.

18 minutes ago, TsunamiGV said:

Surely there is no way to please everyone, but the vast majority can be taken into account. 
The great truth is that forced wars are taking the pleasure out of the game. Just take a vote and you will get the result.

Maybe an option for alliances to enroll or choose not to enroll when war time comes around?  Some want to play in every war possible while others don't want to watch their torch count dwindle

I love the fury management side of the skirmish. I love the fast pace of it, it is lots of fun to play and lead.

However it is also much time consuming and stressful, especially when you manage it..

Already mentioned it in this topic and too lazy to say it here too:

Being able to choose if you participate or not in war is theoretically a good idea, but it could be abused to avoid losing torches when reaching the top. Also if the alliance doesn't fight, they don't get to keep the blessings, so it might lead to complaints too in this case. Kinda complicated and might create internal troubles in alliances too.

Looking forward to the changes and see what they are! @CaptainMorgan :)

Edited by ataide

4 hours ago, RyanPlegics said:

Maybe an option for alliances to enroll or choose not to enroll when war time comes around?  Some want to play in every war possible while others don't want to watch their torch count dwindle

The great question is not wars, it is the alliance that must necessarily participate in all wars. 
Many do not have every weekend to be effectively in wars. 
To mitigate this, wars could be an event for "players" and not necessarily for "alliances". 
Those who have availability and interest sign up for the event and battle to win their prizes and maybe some for their alliance. 
It would be something of the kind I described here in this post. Something can be taken advantage of in what I have described. 
It does not have to be exactly the way I put it, but it would help if you removed this obligation from alliances and all members had to miss their weekends in a game they came in with the intention of having fun. 
I think less obligation, = fun + and - players leaving the game.

Hey again,

We don't plan to allow Alliances to "opt out" of a War.

That said, if you do not wish to partake in a War, it is not mandatory to fight. You will lose nothing by only defending against attacking Alliances, and allowing your players to rest. If you choose not to fight at all, you will lose out on Torches but not receive any other negative effects (except that you cannot use Heroes sent to the War).

It's also worth noting that fighting in a War is a good way to farm Gold, experience, etc. without the chance of losing Trophies and without the need to give out Ambrosia. So even if you don't actively try to win the War, it can still be used to gain resources or train Heroes in a safer, (potentially) easier environment, with the added bonus that you gain a few chests.

The pressure mainly comes from the Alliance itself to always win the War, but if the Alliance agrees among themselves to relax through the next War, it is possible to do so without large repercussions, and this has been done by many Alliances in the past.

TsunamiGV likes this

Have you guys explored the idea of rotating the start times from week to week? Right now the start time is good for Europe but inconvenient for Americas and parts of Asia/Australia. And I know the end time for skirmishes in Europe is awful. If the start time cycled by an hour every week it might help balance that out. 

The obvious downside is that the model now is predictable, but there is a big countdown clock on screen all week. And getting the war blessings timing right is probably a bigger coding issue than I imagine. 

Just a thought.