Jeanjacket

Best map for highest Z-kills? (Zombie Slaughter event)

34 posts in this topic

Hello all, saw that there's an event that will give cases for zombie kills. Since it's purely by numbers, any thoughts on which maps get the most zombie kills? The first North County Map on Hard gets me about 450 per. Seems to be the highest so far. Anyone else have a better one? I'm sure there's a better one, just haven't been able to test them all. 

For highest kill count and clearing waves, I'm using a blue 7.62 as primary, then two blue 40mm pods. Works really well for high kill counts. But also means I'm generally avoiding stages with Titans.

Posted (edited)

North Hills, 4th Stage on Hard, "Scorched Earth". There's only one spawn tree and I move the troop start point to the top corner of map and don't break the fence to slow them a bit more.

Loadout:
Green 7.62 lvl 25
Blue 80mm Rocket lvl 20
Purple AGM114 lvl 18

There's a small point right in front of the tree that they all converge on before spreading that I focus the gunfire on. Only 3-4 titans spawn and all together so it usually only take 1-2 AGMs to drop them then rockets for further crowd control.

Getting ~1500 kills per round. There may be a better level but this one I like because of the one spawn point making it a simple win.

Let me know if you have better :)

EDIT: Also wondering if the reward boxes open immediately or have to go into your inventory because i'm usually stuck with a full armory and don't want to miss on the better crates just because im stuck with 12 hours of crates in my armory.

Edited by krkhans

Just checked... give your troops some. As weapons so that it takes a while to get through the barricade. Moving the start point to the corner of the map and I get 1900 per run.

the evacuation starts when I still have a minute for the map. So I could still tune the weapons I give to the troop and reach 2k of zombies per run.

Jeanjacket likes this

Posted (edited)

Grey Valleyn, Last mission Hard. 1200 kills per round, can use any weapon set.

Edited by DemonNecron
1600 kills*

2 hours ago, krkhans said:

EDIT: Also wondering if the reward boxes open immediately or have to go into your inventory because i'm usually stuck with a full armory and don't want to miss on the better crates just because im stuck with 12 hours of crates in my armory.

It's on your messages, as the rewards from the ads, they don't count towards the slots in the armory.

Also, you can stop your troops. It's about killing Zs, so if you don't loot you have 3mins 30 secs to slay those Zs

anas76 likes this

The crates are indeed in the messages.

start the map like this and really give your troops the worse stuff you can find. I’m actually thinking of even reducing the number and you can reach 2k

IMG_1147.PNG

Ok reducing troup size  hold that find a way for that.  It yes shitty weapons and placing them here is even better up to 2300 kills

IMG_1152.PNG

I am still a low level,  put my troops them in the opposite corner (nearby the tree, but not too close) and got 1500 kills easy (on Medium, have not got hard unlocked yet).

Well the positive part about not getting recited is that you still get XP and crates every now and then ;-)

Primathon likes this

Posted (edited)

Is there a way to see combined total kills or do I have to do the math after each battle?

Update:  never mind - the newbie in me got the best of me. 

Edited by Fubar69

Start your troops by the tree and have them hold position until after ~2:38 mark (time when titans spawn) then you only have to worry about the regular zombies.

Posted (edited)

For Scorched Earth on Hard, this has been working pretty well for me:

1. Start troops in the default position.
  2. As soon as the map starts, destroy the barrier between you and the building.
  3. Immediately zoom in on the tree and start laying waste to the undead hordes.
  4. At 2:38, tell your troops to hold position (they'll be right outside the door). This is usually when 3-5 titans spawn. Dispatch them with extreme prejudice, optimally before they destroy any barriers. The more walls/buildings get razed, the more the zombies spread out.
  5. Kill everything. Then kill it some more. Do NOT let your guns overheat; that really screws with your ability to keep killing.
  6. By about 0:45, you can stop paying quite so much attention to any walkers that make it past your zone of insta-death and start heading to your troops. They'll actually help out later.
  7. At about 0:30, tell your troops to get moving; the building should be looted with only a few seconds remaining. This timing is dependent on them not having to kill any Zs between them and the door.
  8. Destroy whatever you can in your remaining 30 seconds
  9. Evac arrives, you get a tiny loot bonus, and you also get 250 XP (thanks @ABurned). As long as you're farming, you might as well gain levels.

Been getting about 2,200-2,400 kills per run. Loadout is a blue 7.76 @ 30, green SNPR-25 @ 20, and a yellow CAN-40/70 @ 15. For funsies. Bada big, bada boom.

Edited by Primathon

Yeah 2 auto cannon and a blue sniper work as well for that level. The timing sounds right, but the XP bonus on hard is 250 ;-)

Primathon likes this

Posted (edited)

Not having to pay attention to my troops and just watching the timer for the hold/go orders makes this level a cakewalk. I'm level 22 and racking up 2400+ kills per run. Not too shabby :)

Screenshot_20170617-154722.png

Edited by Primathon
OnLikeDnkyKong likes this

2500+ here too on North County 4 Hard....

Rank 19

Green MG 5.56

Green SNPR-20

Purple MG 7.62

I start them bottom right corner and immediately hold them until 1:45 then release and they evac with just a few seconds to spare.

I casually mow down everything at the tree focal point :-)

Posted (edited)

Lol, just tried this after reading your posts.  I'd forgotten all about the "Hold" button.  I never use it.  I reduced my armament to just my 2 Epic weapons: 4* 5.56 & 3* NZI 25.  Just held the troops upon spawn and went to town with the single AC.  Killed 3 Titans with one shot of the sniper and got the fourth guy with the second shot.  Went back to the AC and just went moderately enough to not overheat.  Cracked 2000.  I'm gonna add my second best AC now so cooling won't be an issue and see what happens.

Edit:  Second AC is just a green 3* 5.56, but I added 400 kills by never having to slow down.  Alternating half-second bursts from each AC.  This time killed two Titans with each shot.  Someday all 4 will line up for me!  I see little baby Titans spawn right after I kill the real ones  -- Shamblers with the wrong sprite.  Cute.

Lol, 2700 on the third try.

Edited by JimmyJazz
Now with 2 ACs for 20% more carnage!

3 minutes ago, anas76 said:

3000 per run here :ph34r:

That's indeed an extremely good AC! I recall you saying something about a legendary AC20 maybe?

With my Epic 5.56 2800 was the highest I could get, with the help of some rockets.

OnLikeDnkyKong likes this

33 minutes ago, mabaeyens said:

That's indeed an extremely good AC! I recall you saying something about a legendary AC20 maybe?

With my Epic 5.56 2800 was the highest I could get, with the help of some rockets.

Legendary AC25 with a blue 50 Cannon occasionally firing. Titans are dispatched within 6 seconds with my Purple Sniper 20.

OnLikeDnkyKong and mabaeyens like this

32 minutes ago, anas76 said:

Legendary AC25 with a blue 50 Cannon occasionally firing. Titans are dispatched within 6 seconds with my Purple Sniper 20.

Damn, wonderful indeed! 

I sometimes let the titans pass, as they are no big issue for my troops usually and keep aim on the shamblers

anas76 likes this