Jeanjacket

Best map for highest Z-kills? (Zombie Slaughter event)

34 posts in this topic

My highest run was around 3100, but on average it is about 3000:

Using: 5*max epic AC 30, 4* max epic  MG 5.56 and 6* max Lgd 120 Rockets

Duel firing AC and MG takes down titans relatively quickly.  AC 30 allows me to extend suppression firing while rockets used for fill in from time to time and to try to get extra zombies at the end of the run.

mabaeyens likes this

1 hour ago, OnLikeDnkyKong said:

My highest run was around 3100, but on average it is about 3000:

Using: 5*max epic AC 30, 4* max epic  MG 5.56 and 6* max Lgd 120 Rockets

Duel firing AC and MG takes down titans relatively quickly.  AC 30 allows me to extend suppression firing while rockets used for fill in from time to time and to try to get extra zombies at the end of the run.

Can I borrow that AC30? How it is compared to the 5.56 in terms of cooldown and overheat?

OnLikeDnkyKong likes this

Posted (edited)

Here is the comparison. This would be if I replaced my AC30 with the MG 5.56 hence all the red stats. If I maintained fire and started both at the same time, the 5.56 would overheat first and the AC30 would just be hitting red. Cooldown on AC is significantly faster.  Given the same situation I just stated, if I continued to fire the AC while the 5.56 cools down, I could overheat the AC30 and cooldown so I could use again b4 the 5.53 was usable again I think. However even at 4* the 5.56 is significantly more powerful damage wise than the AC30 at 5* max which doesn't make sense to me...image.thumb.png.f4a984b3b5ee1e63f94d15193530054e.png

So I did do a live test and I can confirm that if I fire both the AC30 and 5.56 at the same time, the 5.56 overheats first, a couple secs later the AC30 then overheats.  However the AC30 cool rate is so much faster than the 5.56 that it will cooldown and be usable faster than the 5.56 even though  the 5.56 overheated first. The 5.56 packs a much bigger punch than the AC30 and will clear small groups of hard level shamblers more efficiently than the AC30.

I am hoping someone can explain to me why the AC30 would not do as much damage vs. the MG 5.56 on a per shot basis.  I thought the AC30 would have a larger caliber and having more impact damage than the 5.56..

Also not that the AC20 has a higher damage rating than the 25 and 30.... again I need someone to explain this to me...

Edited by OnLikeDnkyKong
mabaeyens likes this

Your explanation makes sense, I see some similarities with the 5.56 and the 7.62 which is still my AC of choice because of high overheat (also high cooldown but hey), and relatively high damage, a bit higher than the AC30, with the same fire rate and accuracy. In terms of damage that is what it matters most, 5.56 is second to none, yet the first weapon you get in the game.

Anyway, I will see when I drop one (if I ever do).

This is how Nikko replied to overall AC/MG strength.  He basically said all AC/MG do around the same damage if you are comparing the same rarity.  He then went on to explain why bother upgrading other GS weapons if they are all the same damage.  Given my playtesting however, they do not have the same dps as the 5.56 hits way harder than the AC 30 at comparable levels.  This in turn makes it very confusing for me as to what I should actually max out with my hard, hard earned metal...

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎27 at 6:05 AM, Nikko said:

Hey all,

Thanks for your feedback and I have been looking at the screenshots you posted and your comments regarding the confusion you're having around damage done by a weapon and their designation. With how it is currently in the game, each MGs could more or less deal the same DPS but damage per projectile, overheat, accuracy, reload time, etc... can vary a lot.

So when comparing weapons for the AC-130 loadout, you should make a call based on the other weapons you're using, your playstyle, scenario and enemies you are going to play against.

I.e. in my current AC-130 loadout I'm using a Rare 5.56, Common 7.62 and an Epic Sniper 20. I could replace my 7.62 by one of the AC20 that I have at the armory but I simply prefer the way the 7.62 plays.

I will let you know if the team has more information or plans to avoid such confusions with potential changes.

- Nikko

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎28 at 7:26 AM, Nikko said:

Hey all,

Hope you're having a good weekend and thanks again for the great feedback. The entire team is keeping an eye on the forum and we are very interested in your feedback regarding weapons. Now, to answer some of your comments questions:

•  "what would be the point of "upgrading" to a higher tier gun if the rare 5.56 you got early on will end up being your late game weapon?"

It doesn't have to be your late game weapon. It will certainly be a great weapon to take on harder challenges until you unlock and drop another MGs but it doesn't have to be your one and only MG until the late game.

Some players will be fine with keeping their MG 5.56 for its damage per projectile and don't  mind the quick overheat. Some players will prefer switching to a 7.62 because it doesn't overheat so quickly in comparison to the 5.56 and they won't mind the lower damage per projectile stat because they compensate with another MG or maybe cannons, rockets and missiles. As it is now, your choice of weapons really depends on your playstyle and AC-130 loadout.

• When it comes to weapon stats, we made it easier for players to compare them and quickly determine if the damage per projectile, fire rate, overheat, etc... are better (green) or worse (red) between a new weapon and one you already have equipped.

So green and red doesn't indicate higher or lower, it indicates better or worse.

mabaeyens likes this

2 hours ago, OnLikeDnkyKong said:

This is how Nikko replied...

"I.e. in my current AC-130 loadout I'm using a Rare 5.56, Common 7.62 and an Epic Sniper 20."

Even company insiders get crap crates. 😉

6 hours ago, OnLikeDnkyKong said:

Here is the comparison. This would be if I replaced my AC30 with the MG 5.56 hence all the red stats. If I maintained fire and started both at the same time, the 5.56 would overheat first and the AC30 would just be hitting red. Cooldown on AC is significantly faster.  Given the same situation I just stated, if I continued to fire the AC while the 5.56 cools down, I could overheat the AC30 and cooldown so I could use again b4 the 5.53 was usable again I think. However even at 4* the 5.56 is significantly more powerful damage wise than the AC30 at 5* max which doesn't make sense to me...image.thumb.png.f4a984b3b5ee1e63f94d15193530054e.png

So I did do a live test and I can confirm that if I fire both the AC30 and 5.56 at the same time, the 5.56 overheats first, a couple secs later the AC30 then overheats.  However the AC30 cool rate is so much faster than the 5.56 that it will cooldown and be usable faster than the 5.56 even though  the 5.56 overheated first. The 5.56 packs a much bigger punch than the AC30 and will clear small groups of hard level shamblers more efficiently than the AC30.

I am hoping someone can explain to me why the AC30 would not do as much damage vs. the MG 5.56 on a per shot basis.  I thought the AC30 would have a larger caliber and having more impact damage than the 5.56..

Also not that the AC20 has a higher damage rating than the 25 and 30.... again I need someone to explain this to me...

which is ridiculously unrealistic if we were to compare the 5.56 mm rifle round to a 30mm autocannon. Seems that the game devs are not really familiar with weapon calibers amd ballistics. Would be great if they balanced or fixed it.

2 hours ago, Shikaku said:

which is ridiculously unrealistic if we were to compare the 5.56 mm rifle round to a 30mm autocannon. Seems that the game devs are not really familiar with weapon calibers amd ballistics. Would be great if they balanced or fixed it.

At this stage of the game and without previous notice, that would piss of a lot of players (I dare to say all of us) because we have spent our ridiculously hard to get metal and countless hours in boosting what it would be the wrong weapon.

Ballistic accuracy is not there, but you cannot make a useless weapon now powerful, because all of us fused that useless weapon to boost the good one.

I'm afraid of what that balance will do to my armory.

On 6/20/2017 at 2:21 PM, mabaeyens said:

At this stage of the game and without previous notice, that would piss of a lot of players (I dare to say all of us) because we have spent our ridiculously hard to get metal and countless hours in boosting what it would be the wrong weapon.

Ballistic accuracy is not there, but you cannot make a useless weapon now powerful, because all of us fused that useless weapon to boost the good one.

I'm afraid of what that balance will do to my armory.

which is why i suggested this