45 minutes ago, CommanderDoom said:

Update - I completed the Slaughter event. But out of the 13 crates you can get, I got all crap except for one epic assault rifle. Seriously?? 13 crates and 99% of them were absolute dog doo. next time everyone else feel free to slaughter like crazy, but I'm out. 

Seriously.  Same deal here.  Zombie carnage, one premium crate, five elite crates, seven common crates, but the best weapon I got was an uncommon. What a waste. This game needs some serious balancing in many areas.

Been there, done that.

Said so many times that once more would be equally useless.

For the record, I'm now rank 30 and I have 3 legendary weapons (shotgun, rocket and missile), two of which I never use, guess which. Playing since beta when rarity first appeared in v0.7. Two of those three dropped out from normal crates at 1 star, level 1. The other from a purchased elite crate. I'm counting each and every crate I open and the numbers are... well, these numbers.

But yet again, with 5 star reviews in the Google Play and App Store, there is little hope as there is no real complain.

Hello airmen,

Thank you for having taken part in this Zombie Slaughter event and we appreciate your feedback. We understand that you liked the format but had different expectations regarding the event rewards.

We have forwarded your feedback to the team who will take them into consideration when discussing potential improvements for the Live Events with future releases.

Thanks again for your support and for sharing your feedback with us.

- Nikko

@Nikko If I may suggest: Make it a global competition with all players competing for Legendary weapon(s) at the top ranks going down to Epic, rare and uncommon as your rank is lower. Add metal/supplies rewards. It would be awesome if one could assemble legendaries from something like shards or fusing lower rarity weapons. The rewards could be a legendary weapon at the top rank and shards of legendaries at lower ranks.

2 hours ago, anas76 said:

@Nikko If I may suggest: Make it a global competition with all players competing for Legendary weapon(s) at the top ranks going down to Epic, rare and uncommon as your rank is lower. Add metal/supplies rewards. It would be awesome if one could assemble legendaries from something like shards or fusing lower rarity weapons. The rewards could be a legendary weapon at the top rank and shards of legendaries at lower ranks.

While I'm not against the idea of a more player versus player competition rather than goals you can achieve yourself, this alone would help paid players a lot, as in general they will have better weapons than the rest, and would generate a lot of (understandable) frustration.

There should be some ranges in which you can be, based perhaps on the level of HQ you have, or the rank you are in at the moment of the competition. And the top positions also being a percentage, so 1% (either it be one single player or 200) get reward X, 2%-5% get reward X-1, and so on.

Pretty good ideas from anas76 and mabaeyens.  I like the idea of earning a legendary weapon, or "parts" of a legendary weapon - maybe using parts to upgrade a pre-existing epic weapon. I would just say that competition against others seems like a good idea, but for the more casual and less competitive player like myself, it would still be a good idea to allow them better opportunities to get a legendary weapon also.

5 minutes ago, mabaeyens said:

While I'm not against the idea of a more player versus player competition rather than goals you can achieve yourself, this alone would help paid players a lot, as in general they will have better weapons than the rest, and would generate a lot of (understandable) frustration.

There should be some ranges in which you can be, based perhaps on the level of HQ you have, or the rank you are in at the moment of the competition. And the top positions also being a percentage, so 1% (either it be one single player or 200) get reward X, 2%-5% get reward X-1, and so on.

99% (imho, I don't have research backing this number) of games reward those who pay money. Sometimes the equivalent of legendary here is straight out unattainable by f2p. Sure, those who pay might have an advantage, but as the other post suggested (the guy who spent $350), you may not end up that far ahead.

I have paid nothing so far and I actually got super lucky in having only (sarcastic) 2 Legendaries that are Autocannons! If a competition gets implemented and my girlfriend is away for the duration of the event... I will be up there with the whales :lol:. My point being that others who already got lucky with a gold AC or 2, maybe another high kill weapon would also be high up in the ranks.

All that being said, # of zombies isn't really cutting it as the best grinding map is in North County... Green weapons can get you the theoretical max without issue. You don't even need to pay to rank high up in such a competition. Number of maps completed wouldn't work either.

Hmmm.... Need a better idea here...

Sure, paid players should have some kind of advantage somewhere, but not in player versus player. I have said and someone else did also: let them buy weapons from a virtual store where everything legendary can be bought. Add a new material to boost or level up faster (but only paid). Whatever.

And also true, that you have not spent a dime and have the same number of legendary weapons I got, just that yours are useful, and mines are not. (One of them dropped from a normal crate, by the way).

I mean, the game is so screwed now for both paid and free players that the last thing I would do is putting any efforts in any type of new event, rather than fixing the issues that exist currently and need to be addressed badly. 

As for the number of zombies, I agree, that is not an issue today. The same way they nerfed Fading Memories after reading what we were sharing here, they for sure will nerf this one map. Still, the faster you kill, the more zombies spawn, so if your weapon can take 100 Zs in a single shot, you will have another 100 immediately, while if you can only take 50 of them, your progress will be slower.

For example, I cannot complete all three buildings in hard mode of Stolen Property simply because my weapons are not fast enough to get rid of impalers, and the building collapses faster than my troops loot (5 stars shotguns x4), with plenty of time and not doing a single stop.

So not impossible like Stolen Property but not straightforward as Scorched Earth, it should be a combination of several factors, not just zombies killed, but also time to complete a map or how long you can defend your base without a timer until all buildings are finally destroyed.