Sign in to follow this  
Slaughterhouse

Transfer Game?

I have just gotten an iPad pro and I am wondering if I am able to transfer ZGS (and all my hard work!) to the new iPad?  If I restore my new unit with a full backup of my current iPad and ZGS game will this work?

Well, here is a slight kicker .... Despite having backed up my current iPad to my laptop 3 different times, I cannot get ZGS to show on my list of backed up apps...

Edited by Slaughterhouse
Added more detail

16 minutes ago, Slaughterhouse said:

I have just gotten an iPad pro and I am wondering if I am able to transfer ZGS (and all my hard work!) to the new iPad?  If I restore my new unit with a full backup of my current iPad and ZGS game will this work?

Well, here is a slight kicker .... Despite having backed up my current iPad to my laptop 3 different times, I cannot get ZGS to show on my list of backed up apps...

If are using iCloud Backup, all the settings will be there. The apps however would need to be downloaded from the App Store again. If you restored your new iPad from the old's latest backup instead of setting it up as a new one, all apps will be there and will download over time.

For the gameplay, you need to first be logged in on Game Center on the old iPad, and open the game once. Also, use the same account to log in Game Center on the new one. Thus when you open the app in the new one and connect to Game Center, your progress will be there.

I'm using the app in both my iPhone and iPad seamlessly for now, game saves and weapons and status, and actually Monday or Tuesday I will need to switch to a totally new device, that I will restore from the current one, and can provide with more feedback.

Thanks Mabaeyens.  I'll stand by until you have successfully migrated to see if you have any additional insights.  I can live with play on the regular iPad for awhile until I have a higher level of certainty that I won't be trashing days and days of work!

On 6/18/2017 at 4:50 AM, Slaughterhouse said:

Thanks Mabaeyens.  I'll stand by until you have successfully migrated to see if you have any additional insights.  I can live with play on the regular iPad for awhile until I have a higher level of certainty that I won't be trashing days and days of work!

I finally did the move and I can confirm it was seamless as I expected. Restored from backup, started the app, intro video started to play (I hadn't seen it before).

Tapping on settings immediately popped up a message showing that there is a backup with some progress, prompting to restore or cancel. Tap on restore, done.

My base, armory, progress stars are all there.

Sign in to follow this