• Announcements

• Alysea

Discord Server   09/28/2016

Hello everyone, We now have a Discord Server for Royal Revolt 2! You can head out here to join us! Please note that this is not a support channel and it is not an official channel. If you need to contact the support, please go here: http://support.flaregames.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
QuantumApocalypse

Screw the ninja events

12 posts in this topic

Yes, I died, revived only to instantly loose my health and die again because the stupid input lag made my king sit there and get shot, all after I spent plenty of gems trying to get first. This is an extreme rage post. You've been warned.

Still here? Good. Screw the ninja events! The "one revive for the whole stupid event" is stupid. The thing is boring as hell. It's not challenging; it's monotonous, and I will seriously consider quitting if they don't change soon. It's just the same thing over and over and over again against stupid maps with stupid boosts, most of which are not available outside the war season and conveniently designed to make the maps as annoying as possible just to make you grit your teeth knowing how stupid it all is and wondering why you still play never mind spend good money. Exhale.

And why, oh why does the health bar still get covered in other units'? That was fine until you broke it, flare. Fantastic work there. And the input lag is getting on my nerves in more than just the ninja fights. It's everywhere. I touch the screen and the king doesn't move. Instant death. Maybe I'm hitting a button by accident, I dunno just fix it, whatever it is. 

I used to play a game called age of legends run by a company called Uken. They added content very occasionally but they ruined it by making the worst possible decisions at every single opportunity to do so. Don't turn into the next Uken, flare. Fix the ninja events, fix the balance of the whole game, and start fixing the old systems that aren't working so well anymore or are boring as hell like the wars. I'll do my part and try not to quit. 

Edited by QuantumApocalypse
Maerique likes this

And this is a forum of a game, so please cool down your temper. Sure, I understand it's never fun to lose and especially when due to a bug you lose an event like ninja event. Still we as other forum members can't change a thing about it and need to read this post of an outrageous QuantumApocalypse.

I hope writing this cooled down your anger somewhat. 

I also lost two seasons ago, I was wearing egg aura, so every spike should be destroyed. And I was raiding with pyro (non boosted), frenzies plus knights. On island 2 the game showed 2 crowns, while I was 100% sure I destroyed everything. I could also get very angry and start to write down indecent words, but I did not. I explained to my members what I believed that happened, a bug or something else, since in that level I even didn't use scream. No tower possibly survived and a spike was just impossible to survive, the egg aura or knights would have destroyed it. I just was disappointed, but accepted it. Didn't waste any gems, since I didn't care for that current event any longer, I just got my uber chests. 

Is it due to extreme lagging that you lost a raid during ninja event? Does it happen on a phone? Maybe caused by a memory problem, when the CPU needs to swap, this can happen. Did you try to close all other applications on the background? On my tablet I never experienced heavy lagging, while others complained about it. 

Some of my members lost on some of the last islands by missing a single tower, now that's also cruel. But hey, flare isn't a charity company and doesn't give away first place rewards to all players. It's indeed a big loss, one third of the reward in pearls and also less chests plus less ninjas, but that's why the number one reward is for scoring perfect during 30 islands. Sure, some towers are placed in an extreme nasty place with intention to miss them. 

What I did and many others is dropping a few layers and even there due to stupid mistakes we sometimes miss a tower. But we raid with sonic, firestorm as spells to knock down towers in the castle gate area. Sonic takes down everything not Firebolt plus Lt, firestorm takes down LT plus firebolts there. And... we raid without cannons to make sure they don't knock down the gate. 

You have to agree that spending a lot of gems is no guarantee to win all 30 islands 100%. It's always a gamble and the higher layer you play, the more risk you take. 

This isn't helping during extreme lagging and the king not doing what you want, but when your device is the cause of this lagging, you shouldn't blame flare for that. Always make sure all other applications are closed before raiding. This game needs some resources and when memory isn't sufficient, this can happen. 2GB memory is absolute minimum, 4GB+ is actually advice. 

Edited by Dena4
Mogor likes this

8 hours ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

Yes, I died, revived only to instantly loose my health and die again because the stupid input lag made my king sit there and get shot, all after I spent plenty of gems trying to get first. This is an extreme rage post. You've been warned.

Still here? Good. F*** the f****** ninja f******! The "one revive for the whole f****** event" is stupid. The thing is boring as f***. It's not challenging; it's monotonous, (as f***) and I will seriously consider quitting if they don't change soon. It's just the same f****** thing over and over and over again (gonna throw in a quick f*** you too, autocorrect) against stupid maps with stupid boosts, most of which are not available outside the war season and conveniently designed to make the maps as annoying as possible just to make you grit your teeth knowing how stupid it all is and wondering why you still play never mind spend good money. Exhale.

And why, oh why does the f****** health bar still get covered in other units'? That was fine until you broke it, flare. Fantastic work there. And the input lag is getting on my nerves in more than just the ninja fights. It's everywhere. I touch the screen and the king doesn't move. Instant death. Maybe I'm hitting a button by accident, I dunno just f****** fix it, whatever it is. 

I used to play a game called age of legends run by a company called Uken. They added content very occasionally but they ruined it by making the worst possible decisions at every single opportunity to do so. Don't turn into the next Uken, flare. Fix the ninja events, fix the balance of the whole game, and start fixing the old systems that aren't working so well anymore or are boring as hell like the wars. I'll do my part and try not to quit. 

Quantum, whatever happened to forum etiquette....BADUM PCHH

43 minutes ago, AwesomestKnightest said:

Quantum, whatever happened to forum etiquette....BADUM PCHH

Hahaha got me there! But hey, I had a warning paragraph at least, that's got to count for something, no?

AwesomestKnightest likes this

4 minutes ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

Hahaha got me there! But hey, I had a warning paragraph at least, that's got to count for something, no?

haha yeah, that's true haha

8 hours ago, Dena4 said:

And this is a forum of a game, so please cool down your temper. Sure, I understand it's never fun to lose and especially when due to a bug you lose an event like ninja event. Still we as other forum members can't change a thing about it and need to read this post of an outrageous QuantumApocalypse.

I hope writing this cooled down your anger somewhat. 

I also lost two seasons ago, I was wearing egg aura, so every spike should be destroyed. And I was raiding with pyro (non boosted), frenzies plus knights. On island 2 the game showed 2 crowns, while I was 100% sure I destroyed everything. I could also get very angry and start to write down indecent words, but I did not. I explained to my members what I believed that happened, a bug or something else, since in that level I even didn't use scream. No tower possibly survived and a spike was just impossible to survive, the egg aura or knights would have destroyed it. I just was disappointed, but accepted it. Didn't waste any gems, since I didn't care for that current event any longer, I just got my uber chests. 

Is it due to extreme lagging that you lost a raid during ninja event? Does it happen on a phone? Maybe caused by a memory problem, when the CPU needs to swap, this can happen. Did you try to close all other applications on the background? On my tablet I never experienced heavy lagging, while others complained about it. 

Some of my members lost on some of the last islands by missing a single tower, now that's also cruel. But hey, flare isn't a charity company and doesn't give away first place rewards to all players. It's indeed a big loss, one third of the reward in pearls and also less chests plus less ninjas, but that's why the number one reward is for scoring perfect during 30 islands. Sure, some towers are placed in an extreme nasty place with intention to miss them. 

What I did and many others is dropping a few layers and even there due to stupid mistakes we sometimes miss a tower. But we raid with sonic, firestorm as spells to knock down towers in the castle gate area. Sonic takes down everything not Firebolt plus Lt, firestorm takes down LT plus firebolts there. And... we raid without cannons to make sure they don't knock down the gate. 

You have to agree that spending a lot of gems is no guarantee to win all 30 islands 100%. It's always a gamble and the higher layer you play, the more risk you take. 

This isn't helping during extreme lagging and the king not doing what you want, but when your device is the cause of this lagging, you shouldn't blame flare for that. Always make sure all other applications are closed before raiding. This game needs some resources and when memory isn't sufficient, this can happen. 2GB memory is absolute minimum, 4GB+ is actually advice. 

Pseudo profanity has been altered. 

It isn't my device, it has strong specs and there wasn't any stutter in graohics. It was likely tapping a hit zone for a button. They should make the hit zones smaller or make it so hit zones will still move your king, and if your finger scrolls off the hit zone after tapping it, it isn't considered pressed. 

Missing a tower bums me but not like totally losing the thing. I think their decision to cap revives at 1 (1!) was an awful one. It doesn't make them any more challenging it just unnecessarily punishes players, sometimes even though it isn't their fault. 

Edited by QuantumApocalypse

3 minutes ago, AwesomestKnightest said:

haha yeah, that's true haha

Besides, there's two parts to forum etiquette: form and function. The function was valid and at least was an attempt to make a point but the form was quite... extreme. But that's not necessarily violating forum etiquette unless there's a rule banning pseudo-profanity. I admit I haven't read the ToS. You have a lot to learn my friend :P

On ‎19‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 7:50 AM, Dena4 said:

And... we raid without cannons to make sure they don't knock down the gate.

Hehe, not all :D I raid with cannons (exactly 3 :)), clear the gate towers and
then wait for those cannons to reach the castle area. Then i'm sure to have
everything destroyed.

On ‎19‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 7:50 AM, Dena4 said:

On island 2 the game showed 2 crowns, while I was 100% sure I destroyed everything.

I also had this once. See above (waiting for cannons). It may have been a jester
box not triggering. I had this in a normal raid at the u-turn, got by at the side
somehow, went back to shield my troops and then again moving foreward
triggered the jester box. I guess an untriggered jester box leads to 99% ...

6 hours ago, Mogor said:

Hehe, not all :D I raid with cannons (exactly 3 :)), clear the gate towers and
then wait for those cannons to reach the castle area. Then i'm sure to have
everything destroyed.

It's a bad idea to use this strategy in a normal attack though, cause your cannons never survive for the entire attack with someone that has a Major chokepoint (so, basically every player)

I usually try to get a few monks and cannons through a choke point while taking hits from the enemy units on opposite lane and then spam knights as fodder while I lead and defend my small band through the rest of the track back to the choke point. Seems to work well so far

19 hours ago, AwesomestKnightest said:

It's a bad idea to use this strategy in a normal attack though, cause your cannons never survive for the entire attack with someone that has a Major chokepoint (so, basically every player)

Yes, it is a special strategy for my ninja events tier 3000+ to have the highest chance to finish 1st.
It's crucial to have cannons to be sure to clean up some towers in time, before the knights destroy
the gate. They are forged around 60 times.