OnLikeDnkyKong

Ad Bonus Loot Causing Server Disconnect

Perhaps this is just me but about 40% of the time after I watch a video to get bonus ad loot and click the "x" to close the ad, I get the lost server disconnect message.  Normally it just takes a few seconds to reconnect, which I don't mind, but when I do reconnect I don't get credit/ad loot in my inbox...  This gets frustrating because not only do I have to sit through the ad and not get my loot, but I also lose one option to watch the ad for loot... so it is like having to watch 2 ads just to get the loot for one...

This happened to me twice in a row on Sunday, as well.  Not before or since, though.

Edit: Just lost 2 more ads to this.

Edited Friday at 04:10 AM by JimmyJazz

Edit: Just lost 2 more ads to this.

Edited by JimmyJazz

Hey all,

Sorry to hear you have experienced those issues with the ad videos and rewards. We have confirmed this problem and we are working on a fix.

- Nikko

43 minutes ago, Nikko said:

Hey all,

Sorry to hear you have experienced those issues with the ad videos and rewards. We have confirmed this problem and we are working on a fix.

- Nikko

Lost  ad payouts 3 times already today

Edited by OnLikeDnkyKong

On 26.6.2017 at 6:04 PM, Bravo1977 said:

Came here to post this.  Have had it happen twice in 24 hours... Watched 30 second ad, hit x, got server disconnect error and back into game with nothing.

Sorry to hear about this and we are working on a solution to fix this problem.

I just wanted to point out that this problem seems to have greatly diminished in the last week.  I get far fewer of the "play a sample of our game" ads, and far more conventional trailer ads.  I still get the odd server disconnect and lose my loot (always on the metal vs. the supplies, damnit!), but it it happens far less often now.

Incidentally, for all of our complaining about other aspects of the game, the current setup for in-game advertising is just about perfect.  The ads are relevant.  The payback is fair and worthwhile.  The option to watch ads is unobtrusive and not rammed down our throats.  For the first time in memory, I actually find myself wanting to consume content.  I get annoyed with myself if I forget to watch my quota of ads.  You guys nailed it on this one.

I'll probably try the Tom Clancy & Terminator games based on these ads.  I'm just too addicted to killing zombies & grinding my weapons & base up right this moment. 😁

Edited by JimmyJazz