Sign in to follow this  
Nikko

Transition to the in-game community hub

Recommended Posts

Hello airmen!

Thank you for all the support and feedback we have received here since the beta phase of Zombie Gunship Survival. A lot of your suggestions have helped us to improve the game with previous updates and we are looking forward to tell you more about what we are working on.

We are very impressed by the various projects that emerged since the game was launched. The weapon comparison website that Primathon created or the Tips & Tricks compilation that was posted by anas76 are just a few of the amazing contents that have been created by the community so far.

We love encouraging our fans to be creative and we like featuring all the good content in our regular Community Spotlight to expose those projects to as many fans as possible.

That said, feedback and suggestions are two other contents that matter greatly to us. As we continue to refine and improve the game with future updates, we also want to assure that our communication and interaction with you remain flowless and do not get fragmented.

This is one of the main reasons that we implemented an in-game community hub (that also has a desktop version for those who prefer their keyboard & mouse combo to write content) with the objective to permanently focus our community efforts on that new platform shortly after the global release of the game.

As of July 14th, 2017 the Zombie Gunship Survival section of this forum will make the transition to a “Read only” status and old threads created up to that date will be archived. You will still be able to access all messages and replies but it will no longer be possible to post in the ZGS section.

Feel free to share your username here so we can better find each other on the in-game community hub.

Thanks again to all of you who have participated in this ZGS forum since its creation. You have made the journey truly amazing and we are looking forward to reading your inputs, feedback and suggestions again on the community hub.

Your Zombie Gunship Survival team

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the point of doing that.. You said "That said, feedback and suggestions are two other contents that matter greatly to us." right ?

So every bug report that have been posted here, those you can perfectly see and without a character limit (yay one post will take now 4posts), you are going to burry them under a ton of spam? 

I don't get it man, it's unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trahor said:

I don't understand the point of doing that.. You said "That said, feedback and suggestions are two other contents that matter greatly to us." right ?

So every bug report that have been posted here, those you can perfectly see and without a character limit (yay one post will take now 4posts), you are going to burry them under a ton of spam? 

I don't get it man, it's unbelievable.

We are looking into the character limitation to let players create longer posts and replies. We are also able to better see feedback & bug reports from our side and we are also taking more measures to prevent spams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nikko said:

We are looking into the character limitation to let players create longer posts and replies.

Please fix this. It is such a needless limit on communication.

"Hello airmen, here's our new in-game community hub! The layout is worse, and it's harder to read, but also you can only post two sentences at a time!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys look at it from another point... here in the forum is a small group of highly engaged users that is pretty unpleasant for the developers as they just complain about everything.

in the community hub however are a lot of users that will quickly burry any suggestions by useless challenges to get more points and gain even  etter profiles in the hope that it might help in game to have thousands of likes spend across “hi I am new” topics. And create useless new topics or postings to rank up.

oh and they don’t have to worried to get kicked out if they get their account accidentally locked they will get gold for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ABurned said:

Well guys look at it from another point... here in the forum is a small group of highly engaged users that is pretty unpleasant for the developers as they just complain about everything.

in the community hub however are a lot of users that will quickly burry any suggestions by useless challenges to get more points and gain even  etter profiles in the hope that it might help in game to have thousands of likes spend across “hi I am new” topics. And create useless new topics or postings to rank up.

oh and they don’t have to worried to get kicked out if they get their account accidentally locked they will get gold for this.

I didn't saw that way, I'm such a dumb.

Thanks for pointing that out 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am speechless...  Like everyone said, the in game forum is just plain bad.  I don't spend any time there at all because like they said it is so hard to read and post there.  So after all this time ZGS can go ahead and do this quickly and not make the necessary changes to simple bugs and gameplay.  I am extremely disappointed.  @Nikko this really is the last straw.  I am done with this game as I am sure many will be now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OnLikeDnkyKong said:

I am speechless...  Like everyone said, the in game forum is just plain bad.  I don't spend any time there at all because like they said it is so hard to read and post there.  So after all this time ZGS can go ahead and do this quickly and not make the necessary changes to simple bugs and gameplay.  I am extremely disappointed.  @Nikko this really is the last straw.  I am done with this game as I am sure many will be now.  

I'll still open crates, farm the same maps, get the same crap weapon, but I'll not get involved with the community anymore..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess all our contents and points will be migrated.

I would like to see how many of the most useful chains here can be somehow reproduced by the character limitation, font type, size and style, bullets and so on. That system is a beta as they well warn in their site, and it is not about sharing.

You may have a thousand reads but some of us have written some very useful guides about FUSING, to say something, and they are all go unnoticed, and spent our time on screenshots, captions and whatnot.

However, I have some questions just popping up:

  • Should we just stop creating good contents and stats just for the sake of a very limited in-game community?
  • Who will moderate there and what will be the rules for moderation?
  • Are there any automatic cleanup scripts to remove the same question from Help, Introduction and General discussions?
  • Is it possible to copy URLs pointing to actual resources instead of using our own good ol' copy-paste texts from the notepad?
  • Can we mention someone there?
  • Can we refer to an specific post or reply?
  • Will the influence score be fixed?
  • Will @OnLikeDnkyKong@Primathon, @anas76, @TurboTIB, @Trahor or @JimmyJazz among others be rewarded by the contets they created here?
  • Who removes spam, how spam is removed and what constitues spam other than one single emoji thread?
  • Is there a roadmap with when any of these features will be implemented?
  • Can we search in the Desktop version?
  • Can we modify our own contents in either the Desktop version or the in-game hub?
  • How can we create different collections to make our contents easily browsable (e.g.: all about fusing, best loadouts, stats and maps, etc.)?
  • Will personal messages get stored and not lost after closing the app?
  • Will there be language specific places and not have my timeline/stream -whatever the name it is?
  • Can we subscribe to contents, threads or posts similar to how we can follow people?
  • Will it be possible to create polls and get feedback?

These are some from the top of my head, I'm sure there will be more.

Thanks

A frustrated Byns in the game for whomever want to get in touch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never would imagine a developer intentionally alienating their most senior and dedicated players and contributors by forcing them into a chat system that make's it more difficult to maintain a user community like we've started here. I for one will not be participating in the in-game chat system where users seem more interested in how many smiley faces they can squeeze into their post rather than engaging in worthwhile discussion. If you're really so naive to think this is a positive, community building move, rather than a way to silence positive and negative feedback and contributions from your long time users, then you don't deserve our efforts here.

Ya know, another extremely successful mobile game that I play, World of Tanks Blitz, actually identifies and rewards players who go above and beyond to contribute game content to the community with special forum profile designations, advanced peeks into upcoming content, and so on. They even hired a user to provide play-by-play commentary during a live competitive event. Limbic and Flaregames could learn a thing or two about the gaming COMMUNITY from Wargaming. It's thriving there and we keep playing their games and spending our money on their content, as a direct result.

I do thank you for giving us advanced notice on your plans to discontinue this space so we can say farewell to all of our fellow contributors. Guys & gals', It's been a pleasure sharing the ups and downs of this game with you from Beta to it's current incarnation. I wish you all Godspeed after the 14'th.

TurboTIB aka SkyWarrior

Edited by TurboTIB
added content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TurboTIB said:

I never would imagine a developer intentionally alienating their most senior and dedicated players and contributors by forcing them into a chat system that make's it more difficult to maintain a user community like we've started here. I for one will not be participating in the in-game chat system where users seem more interested in how many smiley faces they can squeeze into their post rather than engaging in worthwhile discussion. If you're really so naive to think this is a positive, community building move, rather than a way to silence positive and negative feedback and contributions from your long time users, then you don't deserve our efforts here.

Ya know, another extremely successful mobile game that I play, World of Tanks Blitz, actually identifies and rewards players who go above and beyond to contribute game content to the community with special forum profile designations, advanced peeks into upcoming content, and so on. They even hired a user to provide play-by-play commentary during a live competitive event. Limbic and Flaregames could learn a thing or two about the gaming COMMUNITY from Wargaming. It's thriving there and we keep playing their games as a direct result.

I do thank you for giving us advanced notice on your plans to discontinue this space so we can say farewell to all of our fellow contributors. Guys & gals', It's been a pleasure sharing the ups and downs of this game with you from Beta to it's current incarnation. I wish you all Godspeed after the 14'th.

TurboTIB aka SkyWarrior

Sums it up quite nicely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you do this I ask?

The community hub is a mess and cluttered with meaningsless posts. That also includes the desktop version, which is also tragically bad.

The forums have been the go to spot for hardcore fans and interested beginners alike. The tone on the forums have more or less always been respectul and civiliced.

Please but this teribble idea to rest. I, and most other forum members, won't convert to the community hub anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real sad thing is, this forum is up an running without need for further labor to make it work correctly, unlike other game shortcomings. Dev's are taking the one positive thing about ZGS and killing it. I could partially understand if this area required precious man hours to overhaul and make right but that's not the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good bye everyone, it was a nice time while it last. Thanks to everyone who was so involved. It was amazing to see what a handful of very engaged people can do in a short time.

also sad to see how quickly such an community can be destroyed, even without the zombie apocalypse becoming reality.

I may or may not stick around in the game as Aburned. Don’t know it yet but my time that I invest in this game went dramatically south already and my real money spending has dropped as well. There won’t be any more spendings or watching advertisements to get advert bonus.

again thank you for the great community spirit!

CU AssetBurned aka ABurned ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this