whiskeywarchild

7/10 update

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What have you noticed that they fixed or added?

Good: higher reward amount for daily objective 

bad: pop up ads and weapon inventory arrangement

Edited by whiskeywarchild

They certainly didn't fix ads causing the app to freeze on a black screen upon ending, requiring me to force-quit, and getting no reward when I restart. Daily scrap metal rewards have been increased.

I opened some crates and bought some premium crates, and guess what - I got crap!!! Why would there not be an update to fix this in some small way - it's one of the biggest problems in the game. 

Posted (edited)

The only thing I noticed are that they nerfed the weapon damage and loot crates don't drop as often... I'm done with this POS game. DELETED... I regret ever spending a single dime on this garbage. I spent $10 to get green weapons only... now the weapons I spent time upgrading do less than half the damage they used to do... these developers can shove it.

Edited by rivox1

The only lowering of the weapon damage is on buildings, which is a good thing because now you actually have to think about how you are going to clear a path.  On zombies it has remained the same, and from what I have seen the Imps are now easier to kill.  If you want a game where everything is handed to you on a silver platter you've made a good decision to stop playing. This one requires time, effort, and thought -- doesn't sound like that appeals to you.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, whiskeywarchild said:

Scorched Earth has 3 spawn trees.  No more 3000 kills a round.  My best just now was about 700

Confirmed. I'm done with this game. Great job Developers. I'm enjoying Angry Birds Evolution way more than this crap. Maybe they need to look at Rovio and how to make a buck off players. 10/14/17 is the end of any involvement I will have with this game. Looking forward to having more free time in my life  

IMG_3395.PNG

Edited by swampwalker

16 hours ago, PyramidHeadache said:

They certainly didn't fix ads causing the app to freeze on a black screen upon ending, requiring me to force-quit, and getting no reward when I restart. Daily scrap metal rewards have been increased.

Hey @PyramidHeadache

This issue should have been fixed with this update however I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this problem. Could you please report this issue to the Support team so we can continue to investigate this problem further? It might be caused by the type of device used but we want to make sure we have all the relevant information.

12 hours ago, Slaughterhouse said:

The only lowering of the weapon damage is on buildings, which is a good thing because now you actually have to think about how you are going to clear a path.  On zombies it has remained the same, and from what I have seen the Imps are now easier to kill.  If you want a game where everything is handed to you on a silver platter you've made a good decision to stop playing. This one requires time, effort, and thought -- doesn't sound like that appeals to you.

Correct. It will take longer to destroy buildings since we increased their health (varies depending on the difficulty) however the damage output remains the same against zombies.

15 hours ago, whiskeywarchild said:

Scorched Earth has 3 spawn trees.  No more 3000 kills a round.  My best just now was about 700

Indeed, we improved the design of Scorched Earth to make it more interesting. It was never our intention to have Live Events completed by farming one single map since it compromizes the whole purpose adding diversity to the game. However we will monitor the success of our future Live Events to make sure that it didn't become impossible without this strategy. We are also working on new types of Live Events so expect more variations in the future.

15 hours ago, CommanderDoom said:

I opened some crates and bought some premium crates, and guess what - I got crap!!! Why would there not be an update to fix this in some small way - it's one of the biggest problems in the game. 

Hey @CommanderDoom

Thank you for the honest feedback and we are looking at options to improve both the Armory and crate experience. We are aware of your concerns regarding crates and we are definitely working on improvements however some changes take more time than others to be properly implemented.

Posted (edited)

I think events now are going to be near impossible unless one is playing constantly throughout the day, which I won't do.  

Before I learned about farming scorched earth I tried an event and got the first level after a couple days.   Even this last one took me until <10 hours left because i didn't play every second of every day.   And that was getting 3000kills a round. So now only the people who play all day everyday will probably be winning the free crates.  Thumbs up. 

Edited by whiskeywarchild

23 hours ago, PyramidHeadache said:

Not sure what you're playing on, but on my iPad when this happens, instead of quitting I switch to another app or desktop, then switch back and it clears and I get my reward.  Sound is gone though, so I switch back and forth again and it returns.  Also only happens to me for the Dominations ads, and even then not every time, but still happens to me since the update as well.

PyramidHeadache likes this

Posted (edited)

Once today, I had the server disconnect error, but the game recovered gracefully, and I did not lose my loot!

Edit:  I'm glad for the stronger buildings.  I was always accidentally destroying barriers with very light fire.

Edited by JimmyJazz

On 7/11/2017 at 11:01 AM, Nikko said:

... Indeed, we improved the design of Scorched Earth to make it more interesting. It was never our intention to have Live Events completed by farming one single map since it compromizes the whole purpose adding diversity to the game. However we will monitor the success of our future Live Events to make sure that it didn't become impossible without this strategy. We are also working on new types of Live Events so expect more variations in the future. ...

@Nikko, I wish you wouldn't force a certain play style, such as diversity, upon everyone. For some players, a repetitive grind isn't worth the reward where for others, it is. Just let players play the way they want and not dictate your preferences upon them. When someone gets tired of grinding or farming, they'll stop on their own, you don't have to force it. Geez.

4 hours ago, TurboTIB said:

@Nikko, I wish you wouldn't force a certain play style, such as diversity, upon everyone. For some players, a repetitive grind isn't worth the reward where for others, it is. Just let players play the way they want and not dictate your preferences upon them. When someone gets tired of grinding or farming, they'll stop on their own, you don't have to force it. Geez.

That happened to me with Scorched earth.  I grinded the first couple events then this last one took me three days. And that's at 3000kills a shot.  I just dunked around on the rest and f the game until I wanted to finish up the event.  

BillSparrow and TurboTIB like this