Cheshireccat

Arena/Piece PvP Fights are IMPOSSIBLE for New Players

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1. Correct me if I'm wrong: player level is the only metric used to match players up for PvP and for card piece fights?
A team's mana requirement, attack power, evolution of cards, best card, etc, none of that matters? 

2. Since my first day I have been paired against level 12 players with Legendary/Ultimate cards in their lineup. Almost every arena or piece fight is vs players with Legendary/Ultimates.
At level 12.
It is such a prolific problem that I stopped fighting PvP when someone's best card was Legendary/Ultimate. I've only fought one cardpiece battle in the past week.

How does this happen???
I assume I am the only person who actually plays this game.  I think everyone else just logs in once a day for 21 days and gets lucky with the free Archmage Pack picks.

Again, this is a problem.
I cannot win any card piece fights so I cannot earn/fuse better cards. Without better cards I can't progress in the campaign. Without the campaign I can't get cards to sacrifice/fuse the few good cards I do get.
If I get any good card pieces they get stolen before I can make progress on them.

I feel like the smallest kid on the playground. Every day my lunch money is taken by the bigger kids in my class.

Please offer any advice you have. I think I am going to "quit" the game for the next 2 months until I Archmage myself some better cards.
--Cheshireccat
Day 19
Lvl 29, 80stm, 75mana, 9930HP, Quest86
Lineup: Arch Demon+, Basilisk++, Pegaus+, Forest Dragon, Will-o'-the-Wisp

Edited by Cheshireccat
edited for clarity

1. Correct for both.

2. Find or develop yourself a system that you can rely on. If not PVP, then go with the quests. Use stamina. You may get lucky with some tokens. Then, temporarily use mana just for levelling up your cards. 

If you find a legendary card piece you want, battle for it until you ran out of opponents. You can then decide if you want to complete the piece using your gems.

Play through and the game usually equalize at some point. Then it gets harder again. But that's why you want to have yourself a good system.

9 hours ago, Asd0011 said:

@Cheshireccathttp://evoker.wikia.com/wiki/Gremlin_trick might help you a lot to progress further

I have read about that. Unfortunately, the gremlin trick would still give me player XP, thus raising my level and making future fights harder.

The other problem is that most of the players have Legendary/Ultimates. If I use the Gremlin Trick five times in a row, those five teams probably all have Legendaries. I would be raising my level with no reward. :(

Posted (edited)

On 8/9/2017 at 9:23 PM, Cheshireccat said:

I have read about that. Unfortunately, the gremlin trick would still give me player XP, thus raising my level and making future fights harder.

The other problem is that most of the players have Legendary/Ultimates. If I use the Gremlin Trick five times in a row, those five teams probably all have Legendaries. I would be raising my level with no reward. :(

It gives very small amount of xp and as your level rises you might start to see that xp gained(from this trick) is so low that you can hardly see your xp bar filling, when you use it on difficult players(while fighting for card pieces) and skip them(by losing of course), you will eventually get someone easier(that's how I earned my heroic cards - Wolf Beast, Water Elemental, Wind Elemental, Fire Dragon, Fire Elemental, War Bard, Alchemist, Rock Detonator, Wolf Shaman, Shadow Bear and 2 or 3 more and finished story mode). Then one day in story mode I got a legendary card piece so I used this trick and got 2 or 3 more pieces(legendary card requires a total of 10 pieces) and then used some earned gems to finish the card(that day it was 50% off in cand piece and card completion so it cost me less than 1300 gems and it's how I got my 2nd legendary, the first one I got by luck in archmage pack). Then I played 100 level(in story mode) again and again and again and got legendary card pieces then used this trick and eventually I managed to get Seribia Morning Dew, Dwarf King, Chimera, Griffin, Keeper of the Treasure, Devourer, Giant spider, Imperial Dragon, Brother Artujan(I did not spend gems to finish these cards because I already had enough powerful fused heroic cards). I earned so many cards that I completed many card sets and earned so many gems(I used them on special event cards).

But today I uninstalled this game because I was getting attacked so many times that I couldn't keep even 5 pieces together for even 1 hour(I earned at least 15 pieces of Colossus legendary card today but  got attacked annoying amount of times).

If you don't have impressive cards yet, just reinstall the game and start using this trick from the moment you get your first card piece(it's exactly what I did).

Edit: I luckily got my first legendary card from summoner pack (not from archmage)

Edited by Asd0011
SomeOmninous and 1341393 like this

It just seems such a terribly planned out game.
When you progress faster by not playing the game than you do by playing... for such an otherwise well developed and fun game, it's just terrible. :(

10 hours ago, Cheshireccat said:

When you progress faster by not playing the game than you do by playing... 

Hmmmm. I wish we can elaborate on this.

Ok. Let's say we have two people.

Person A plays the game every day. They fight the campaign and struggle to collect card pieces. They save up uncommons for the Wisdom days and evolve their rares into Rare+, just so they have stronger cards to fight with. They might have pieced together a Heroic by the end of a month, but it probably won't be a good one. Good regular heroic pieces get stolen by other players and event heroics are even harder to get.
Person B barely plays the game at all. They get a couple rares that they max out, but mostly they just log in once a day to collect the free tokens.

At the end of a month, both players get two free Summoner and Archmage tokens. They get heroic/legendary/epic cards FOR FREE. All that hard work done by Person A is made worthless, because both players now have more powerful cards than they should be able to earn at their level. Person B did almost no work and has cards that are just as good as Person A.

Person B is actually doing better than Person A in a way.
Person A has played the game so his level might be 25. Person B is still level 15, but has a legendary. He is automatically going to win most of his Arena and Piece fights against other level 15 players.

Let's fast forward in time a bit.
After 3 months Player B will have collected the free Summoner/Archmage tokens four times. He had 16 chances to grab free legendary/ultimate cards so he has a few. He's probably level 20 by now from fighting and put those points into Mana. If he's lucky he won some of the really great legendary cards. He's still winning his Arena & piece fights.
Player A has probably quit.

It takes both hard work AND luck to create a Heroic+ card. Why do hard work to make those good cards when you see so many other lazy people with cards that are just as good or better?
Unless Player A wants to *REALLY* do well in this game and is in it for the long haul (I'm guessing 5-6 months) there is no reason for them to put any effort in to get over the wall.

The more I think about it, the more I think I should just play another game. This one doesn't sound fun when I write it down.

Edited by Cheshireccat
1341393 likes this

i am on level 71 have few legendary and few ultimate. One legendary on ++ the others all + i play evry day. And still have fun once you get few legendary it getts better.

6 hours ago, Cheshireccat said:

Ok. Let's say we have two people.

Person A plays the game every day. They fight the campaign and struggle to collect card pieces. They save up uncommons for the Wisdom days and evolve their rares into Rare+, just so they have stronger cards to fight with. They might have pieced together a Heroic by the end of a month, but it probably won't be a good one. Good regular heroic pieces get stolen by other players and event heroics are even harder to get.
Person B barely plays the game at all. They get a couple rares that they max out, but mostly they just log in once a day to collect the free tokens.

At the end of a month, both players get two free Summoner and Archmage tokens. They get heroic/legendary/epic cards FOR FREE. All that hard work done by Person A is made worthless, because both players now have more powerful cards than they should be able to earn at their level. Person B did almost no work and has cards that are just as good as Person A.

Person B is actually doing better than Person A in a way.
Person A has played the game so his level might be 25. Person B is still level 15, but has a legendary. He is automatically going to win most of his Arena and Piece fights against other level 15 players.

Let's fast forward in time a bit.
After 3 months Player B will have collected the free Summoner/Archmage tokens four times. He had 16 chances to grab free legendary/ultimate cards so he has a few. He's probably level 20 by now from fighting and put those points into Mana. If he's lucky he won some of the really great legendary cards. He's still winning his Arena & piece fights.
Player A has probably quit.

It takes both hard work AND luck to create a Heroic+ card. Why do hard work to make those good cards when you see so many other lazy people with cards that are just as good or better?
Unless Player A wants to *REALLY* do well in this game and is in it for the long haul (I'm guessing 5-6 months) there is no reason for them to put any effort in to get over the wall.

The more I think about it, the more I think I should just play another game. This one doesn't sound fun when I write it down.

That was comprehensive, man. Appreciate you. I got it now.

This game drew me into a loop along time ago, and it's my choice to stay. I'm a combination of both, but more of a Person A type.

For me, grinding is fun and gives me a better chance at training my cards. 

Edited by 1341393

When I was new, I lost often in pvp battles. I was only after the quests back then. But yeah, losing card piece is frustrating. 

I was happy to see a win or two when I visit the replay. And then I learned a combo - reflective damage. That's when it hit me. This game is also about card combos. I liked it. And before I knew it, I started winning. Then the game became difficult again, but I kept playing.

Maybe I just haven't found another game that fits my time the same way that Evoker does?

Edited by 1341393