• Announcements

• Alysea

Community BAND   02/23/2016

Hi all, If you wish to chat with the community, you can head out here: http://band.us/n/afabT0be63WeT Please note this is not a support channel and this is made by the players. It is not an official channel.
    • Alysea

Titan Chests and Invitation Codes   03/08/2017

Hey everyone, Please take a look at this topic to find more information about the Titan Chests and Invitation Codes: You also can share your Invitation Code here:

• oisia

Version 3.6 - New Tower, New Power, Hero Perk Shower   08/01/2017

Hello Olympians, The version 3.6 is live. You can find more about the update in the thread:  
Hellslord

Anybody left using Nerfed Pheme Power?

10 posts in this topic

Pheme power gived much excitement, now because of its overpower but also being a brand new one. But I am not using nerfed pheme even for my athena (she has power 5 slots) and can not find a good reason for using it anymore. I prefer many other powers instead of it.  I think pheme overnerfed.  I believe  its cooldown time must be reduced to 40 sec, than can be again a choice. What do you think? Do you still use? 😕

Heroesflorian likes this

19 minutes ago, dumpster said:

It's the worst power now, but hey, it's free. 

What is Pheme? :ph34r:

Heroesflorian and Tomaxo like this

Posted (edited)

I am using it alot but... I don't know if I count, I mean mine is maxed and I have insane cooldowns on every hero. Mabye a little damage won't hurt the Ballance to much.

Edited by Gammal

I've actually been coming around on the new pheme. The stun effect is still really cool. If it stayed exactly like this with (relatively) low physical type damage and stun, with about half the cooldown time, it would be a really compelling spell. 

don't fix the damage, just the cooldown.

15 minutes ago, dumpster said:

I've actually been coming around on the new pheme. The stun effect is still really cool. If it stayed exactly like this with (relatively) low physical type damage and stun, with about half the cooldown time, it would be a really compelling spell. 

don't fix the damage, just the cooldown.

That is a good point.

Messed around with it a bit in the Odyssey, it was really efficient there, combined to some other powers.

With 41% cooldown (so around 33s) refresh, it was decent. I think with a cooldown closer to Damocles (with a decent cooldown gear) it could be a blast.

To be honest, I did never even bother even equipping or trying the Pheme power in the first place, even during its short phase of "OP glory" at the top end of the trophy ladder.

Why? Simply put, I was ascension lvl 103, at slightly over 6k trophies, and my Pheme lvl 17 had about 2.5 times the stats of my Siren lvl 2 (which has completely uselessly low stats at lvl 2, ofc), and 2.5 times the cooldwn of Siren spell... i.e. "per time" same stats as Siren lvl 2. That alone made Pheme a no-go for me, as it simply was useless - again, being at 6k trophies.

Meanwhile, at the top level, Pheme had like 8 times the damage, nearly double the range, double stun duration, double damage duration - making it like a gazillion times more useful, along with the fact that top players with awesome cooldown gear could cast Pheme more often. So much more useful that it was in fact way OP at top level, while it was unusably weak at my level - which certainly is not top level, but not thaaat far off in terms of offense - I had all troops maxed, and some spells fairly close to max, yet my trophy-based Pheme was just like a lvl 2 Siren spell... and this despite my trophy level is perfectly normal at my level.

With that in mind, I would say Pheme as such wasn't OP at all, just the value scaling of the spell was completely insane, with way too large increases per level, making its strength OP at top lvl and useless below.

---

And then came the general nerf, with less damage and different damage type, making Pheme now more like a weird shadow of its former self, and rather similar to the Damocles power, potentially being redundant either way. Also, the original damage type was way more appropriate for the trumpeting fame that Pheme is supposed to represent, if you ask me.

With Pheme being nerfed so much that the former-OP top levels aren't getting used anymore (by many, at least), the lower end of Pheme is even more useless now.

---

Meanwhile, some heroes like e.g. Prometheus get annihilated by Helios-range-boosted Nyxes and cannot do anything to really counter it - Prome only has 1 configurable spell slot, and that is reserved (and required!) for Bia without a doubt, so all he can do against range-boosted Nyx now is "first solo half of the base with Prometheus himself alone, then try and throw more and more spearmen (decoy) and trebs (damage) at the Nyx" pretty much. And even that isn't really granted to work if the Nyx is set up properly, let alone it requires soloing half of the base with Prometheus alone in the first place, which is not viable against tough bases. But there's no real alternative, when your troops get converted by unreachable Nyx, it just does you more harm than good having them.

Edited by Heroesflorian
vasudeva1, Hellslord and Dheth like this

if a power has 60 sec cooldown, it must be better (of course must be balanced). So i think when i start to use it again (esp heroes with 3 power slots)  if:

1. Same power with 40 sec cooldown

2. Or give me a chance to get more  closer to nyx's so if Stun time increased at least x1.5