• Announcements

• Alysea

Community BAND   02/23/2016

Hi all, If you wish to chat with the community, you can head out here: http://band.us/n/afabT0be63WeT Please note this is not a support channel and this is made by the players. It is not an official channel.
    • Alysea

Titan Chests and Invitation Codes   03/08/2017

Hey everyone, Please take a look at this topic to find more information about the Titan Chests and Invitation Codes: You also can share your Invitation Code here:

• oisia

Version 3.6 - New Tower, New Power, Hero Perk Shower   08/01/2017

Hello Olympians, The version 3.6 is live. You can find more about the update in the thread:  
donoo

pls delete Helios Monolith not only nerf

23 posts in this topic

or make it not work on nyx.

Sofar,after nerfed of pheme power,all defense became same, Helios+Nyx*2.  we have remember FG have banlance nyx for weeks, it was sucssed. but now, it gone, every enemy looks like be same one.it make war boring.

It is also possible to defeat nyx.

Damocles is good at it, requires a few use,some heroes are reaaaaaaaally good against it, by rushing ahead and casting Siren/Talos for example.

Harder but not undoable.

1 hour ago, ataide said:

It is also possible to defeat nyx.

Damocles is good at it, requires a few use,some heroes are reaaaaaaaally good against it, by rushing ahead and casting Siren/Talos for example.

Harder but not undoable.

I agree, it very close to over power.but more than half hero can not deal with this layout. Nyx is +50% against Damocles, it's need 3 times to destroy it, 2*Nyx need more than 1 minutes.

Even it' not un-defeatable,but nyx got too much more enhancement from Helios than other tower. that make everyone use similar layout. 

One of the ways to beat these is by having very high cooldown (so you can cast Damocles 3+ times, e.g.), but equipment was nerfed in the new update, so that's not an option for players who haven't already found very good cooldown gear.

Invocations work. 

Heroesflorian likes this

I don't think Nyx or any tower are overpowered with Helioth help! Since 3.6 update, my heroes still destroy enemy bases with the same amount of time as before update. Also, my defence with Helioth is just slightly increase better, even I tried variety of layout styles. For my opinion, this tower is just a more fun option for your defence. Keep it, I like it ☺

Warriornator and dumpster like this

@AlexJark don't try to understand. they like complain all day on this forum and never be happy with what they have. In this case I don't care and I enjoy the game. If they don't like the game its their problem not ours. So enjoy the game and don't pay attention to them. I am not a fan of people who complain each day or for each stuffs or for each update,etc..

AlexJark likes this

Complaining about complaints is also complaining though ;)

Anyway, I see Nyx (low regular range) profitting a lot more from the fixed-value range boost from Helios monolith than most/all other towers, this certainly made Nyx more powerful, when Pheme is not an option to counter it.

One issue I see is some heroes with very few spell slots, e.g. Prometheus with just 2: His Porphyros cannot touch Nyx anyway, and for 2nd slot you kind of need to equip Bia.

And then your troops are the only thing that can possibly bring down Nyx - with good placement and range boost, that can be difficult beyond what feels fair imho.

#Edit: Right, just to make that clear, I basically like the idea of having Helios monolith in the game, I just currently see the issue outlined above that should be looked into imho.

Edited by Heroesflorian
donoo and vasudeva1 like this

@Heroesflorian I know what you mean sir 🤓

To be honest, I used to think that way and use certain hero to attack enemies! But guess? After long time in this game, I must realised that I should use different heroes for different enemies to make sure I can beat them with highest chance. Even, before initiate a battle, I look very carefully at enemy's defence layout and determine what spells, what monsters I should use for that battle. I'm sure when you do that, you supposed to win 90-95% of times no matter how good the defence and even I achieve the same results when enemy using tons of blessing!

So, in my opinion instead of panic with new updates, we should dig in how to manage the battles as it should be. Think! strategies and practices are always the core when you play any games! Again, for my cases, I attacked many bases with Nyx + Helioth combo and never failed since the update of 3.60. I also use that combo for my base, with the most advanced layout from top players, but attackers still break my base with 9/20 in average.

So, is that combo really powerful as everybody talking now?! I don't think so! Even, I want the Dev allows to build 1 more Heliot if it is possible 🤓 

dumpster and Hellslord like this

@AlexJark I usually do just that, picking my troop/spell combo and (especially for war) thinking about what hero to use for a particular defense, and how to do the raid (unless it's an easy base where simple stupid automode is enough).

But with helios-buffed nyx bases becoming very common recently, I don't think "just don't use Prometheus at all" is a good solution. That would mean accepting he's powerless against something that anyone could put in his defense. And even if I might be fine with just not using him much on my regular island map - what if he gets featured on an Odyssey adventure? Using a different hero will cost me lots of fame (and thus less reward chests and possibly weaker enhancements). And for raiding those bases with Prometheus, I haven't really heard a good way to go about it that would get me anywhere near a "90-95% success rate" so far. 

I fully understand certain layouts or combos are easier or harder to defeat with different heroes, and I like that. It just shouldn't come down to "please use scrolls or accept defeat with hero XY". And remember, both Nyx and Helios just got +3 new levels, making them stronger, while Prometheus still has no counter. So things won't get any better in that regard... 

Edited by Heroesflorian
donoo likes this

I think part of your issue is assuming that prom has to use bia. He doesn't. Everyone freaked out when Athena was nerfed because she couldn't play the same way she used to. That's true, but only means that there are other very viable ways to play her. Prom has the ability to walk fast enough to get to the gate on every defense, it's just a matter of how often he has to stop. There are many solutions to that problem. 

What I think that is not a matter if Helioth combo will be more popular, people should really do it, just like we used to looking for a best deadly defence layout. It is simple that Helioth is not really OP, except a bit more annoying for Prometheus coz he is the only guy who has only 2 spells. So we are not supposed to change a great game specification just because of limitation of 1 hero.

For Prometheus, I still feel no hassles to use him to attack Nyx Helioth. You know he could break barricades so easily, then Polyphemus and Phoenix will take everything down in an eye blink. All we need is just good timing and more carefully manual! 🤓 

Can you tell more about what monsters you use with Prometheus?

There are many different combinations of powers and troops possible.

Using Phoenix is a neat help with Prom. Hydras can show pretty handy too, especially with the divine blessing.

Cyclops are nice for the shield as well.

Depending on the layout you fight and your own progress with your units and powers, you really have a huge choice with Prom.. Think outside of the box. 😜

4 minutes ago, ataide said:

There are many different combinations of powers and troops possible.

Using Phoenix is a neat help with Prom. Hydras can show pretty handy too, especially with the divine blessing.

Cyclops are nice for the shield as well.

Depending on the layout you fight and your own progress with your units and powers, you really have a huge choice with Prom.. Think outside of the box. 😜

I definitely can defeat this layout with 5-6 hero.

The problem is more than half good players using similar layout/combine today, that was the 2nd time i fell boring of war. last time only one top aliance were all using same defense layout, you need attack same map 60+ times in 3 days.

Every time,with new defence update,we have try weeks for better one. But this time,only take me just one day, the only choice.

ataide likes this

8 minutes ago, donoo said:

I definitely can defeat this layout with 5-6 hero.

The problem is more than half good players using similar layout/combine today, that was the 2nd time i fell boring of war. last time only one top aliance were all using same defense layout, you need attack same map 60+ times in 3 days.

Every time,with new defence update,we have try weeks for better one. But this time,only take me just one day, the only choice.

Exactly, it was the same with the "Seal layout"..

As one of my best friend said, the game loses its grace. When there is no diversity it becomes recurrent and boring. 

10 hours ago, ataide said:

Exactly, it was the same with the "Seal layout"..

As one of my best friend said, the game loses its grace. When there is no diversity it becomes recurrent and boring. 

Finding that balance seems to be hard. You can see it with pheme. The way it was originally, it was so good that you'd be foolish not to use it on every hero. Now most people think it's so bad that it's never worth using. If it was a little  bit better it becomes a very interesting choice. You could use it, or you could use one of a number of other good spells. It's not required kit.

I like when there are many approaches which are all viable. Even right now, the dev team is trying to figure out a way to make a max cooldown build not OP. They seem to be trying to do it by nerfing cooldown. I'd rather they gave us other options that were as interesting as high cooldown. The unique brands on cursed gear is a step in the right direction, but the values are so low that they're only viable when they're adding on to existing unique gear, and I'm afraid that the recent equipment nerf ruined these items as well.

It's easy to take a brand like cooldown and cut its power by 40% and make it undesirable. Easy, but unimaginative and unappealing to the player. Making the other choices more exciting so it's a real decision whether I want to go max cooldown, or use something else -- that would be interesting. Right now getting a piece of equipment with regeneration brand is basically like losing the lottery. If the other modifier is good cooldown, you'll use it, and it's nice to have, but you can't build a character around high regeneration. You can build a character around high cooldown and honestly, the game almost demands that you do that for most heroes. 

To bring it back to defense, it's very hard to build a strong defense right now that doesn't rely on 2 Helios modified Nyx towers. I hope that as we all start upgrading our towers again, you will start to see defenses that get away from Nyx, but I'm doubtful. There are some towers that just aren't interesting choices. Apollo is the worst offender. 

Edited by dumpster
Heroesflorian likes this

I agree that something must be changed regarding this matter. Now almost everyone boosts nyx towers with helios which can be reached only with damocles/pheme power.. Only those that aren't that active still use old layouts which leads that all of us have more less similar bases... Every new good base layout is centered around that boosted nyx towers... Now, after pheme is nerfed (it should be nerfed but certainly not that much.. now its useless), only counter vs Nyx towers (especially 1st nyx on most common layouts) is damocles.. This all leads that we r left down to 2 options for attacking.. Damocles is a must use or usage of hercules/ajax as a rush ahead heroes without any army summoned... All powers/units/towers/heroes should be more less equally useful.. Thats a balanced game.. As there are now a MUST USE heroes/towers/powers, I believe that now a game is a lot more disbalanced than ever before... I am aware that probably rushing ahead with heroes wont be possible as it is now when we all max our defense buildings (especially barricades), but for some time (for months imo) it certainly will be 1st option for most of us if u dont change something asap.. Pls do... You just killed all different playstyles with last server update ... 

Btw, I think u did great job by giving us all those new upgrades possible (another ~6months of work for our workers) + spells + units.. I understand that cooldown nerf had to occur.. It was OP and a MUST have as now is e.g. Nyx... i guess there wasn't any very good solution to nerf cooldown... so, all good if u ask me..

Next thing you should do imo is balance towers/heroes/spells somehow asap.. after that improve wars as this is heart of OR.. wars are good as is now but try to make em better (i had few suggestions here in http://forums.flaregames.com/topic/32079-alliance-wars-discussion-and-feedback/?page=5#comment-169035... try to think in advance of giving us more levels of everything rather than start to think about it when we all get maxed again.. 

Best Regards,

Goran

I just face right now a base probably with higher Nyx Tower Level + Helios Monolith and same with Ajax I fail 3 times. So if really that make a base overpowering then that why I have remove one of my tower and build the Helios Monolith. If that make people fail

I just tested some bases with all my heroes (helios boosting nyx bases) with just rushing ahead wout units.. and i noticed that its doable with most (80%) of my heroes.. my cadmus sucks the most at it... But with some heroes its actually very easy to do it (hercules and ajax are nr1, later achilles/jason)... i never did it this way, but in next war i certainly will.. :(

Heroesflorian and Hellslord like this

2 hours ago, choka said:

I just tested some bases with all my heroes (helios boosting nyx bases) with just rushing ahead wout units.. and i noticed that its doable with most (80%) of my heroes.. my cadmus sucks the most at it... But with some heroes its actually very easy to do it (hercules and ajax are nr1, later achilles/jason)... i never did it this way, but in next war i certainly will.. :(

I don't want to give away too many secrets, but the type of defense you're having trouble with are completely beatable with every decent hero. Everyone will be using the same tricks in a couple of weeks. Don't panic. But yeah, everyone who got used to being able to auto through the toughest defenses has to cut that right out. It's still easier than fighting a team with 6 war blessings, or a 10 skull odyssey.

Edited by dumpster

7 hours ago, choka said:

You kinda have to if you don't wanna spend gems or fail now. :P

It is far from being the most subtle playstyle, but it works decently against most bases now.

Also, if you select one particular kind of unit, you will notice everything becomes much easier... I leave up to you to figure out which one. :D

I am a fan of TD type games and i like support towers. And so i like helios much of course. It give the game different type of playing ( both defense layout and attacking strategies) And i think that helios + nyx combo very powerfull but can be passed with correctly equiped heroes and troops. Without helios there was an unbalance attacks/defenses. Now it is somewhat balanced. Personally, some other support towers must be further considered to, for example giving attack bonuses, hp bonuses, revive bonuses to not only towers but also defending troops.