• Announcements

    • Alysea

      Community BAND   02/23/2016

      Hi all, If you wish to chat with the community, you can head out here: http://band.us/n/afabT0be63WeT Please note this is not a support channel and this is made by the players. It is not an official channel.
    • Alysea

      Titan Chests and Invitation Codes   03/08/2017

      Hey everyone, Please take a look at this topic to find more information about the Titan Chests and Invitation Codes: You also can share your Invitation Code here:
         
    • oisia

      Version 3.6 - New Tower, New Power, Hero Perk Shower   08/01/2017

      Hello Olympians, The version 3.6 is live. You can find more about the update in the thread:  

Recommended Posts

For me previous odyssey was a bit difficult but this time its very easy! I have completed all adventure. 
I think its random.. 

as @CaptainMorgan told me before when i asked him the same question.

 

On 9/4/2017 at 1:42 AM, CaptainMorgan said:

@Samir nothing was changed for the odyssey with the last update. It sounds like you've gotten unlucky and found a very hard defense. Note: Difficulty 7 is supposed to be hard. We expect anything above Difficulty 5 to be difficult, as at this point the defenses are likely to be stronger than those you would normally find on your island map.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can still play with the alt accounts in ap most of the time in difficulty 5.. Depends on the layout I have to face 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/9/12 at 2:55 PM, Barthdomak said:

Why is the odyssey virtually impossible to do now? I'm doing 3-4 skull difficulty and I'm finding it impossible!!

im ascension level 121

 

🇬🇧barthdomak🇬🇧

I had a question but not figured out yet.

Is the difficulty of odyssey only related to how many skulls you choose? For example, no matter what level of your harbor is, 5 skulls give you the enemies similar to your player level, which are also similar with the enemies you see on the outside islands? And under 4 skulls give you most of enemies weaker than you, levels lower than you, when more than skulls give you enemies stronger than you, who are at higher levels than you?

OR, the levels of enemies you'll see in odyssey, are related to the level of your harbor, and the numbers of skulls you choose will affect the number of troop and structure blessing the enemies have?

In addition, because when the level of harbor is up, the fame number you need to get all the 5 chests are increased, so I don't want to upgrade my harbor level even I have the gold and books to upgrade. Although the "quality" of the chests are also upgraded, but I still don't like this design. I only upgrade my harbor when I'm sure I could finish the highest skulls level.

For example, when I was having level 3 harbor, the maximum difficulty is 5 skulls, and I need totally 190 fame (or something close, I don't remember the exact number) to get all the 5 chests. When I upgrade the harbor to level 4 now, the maximum difficulty is 6 skulls, and I need totally 220 fame to get all the 5 chests. This means, if I want to keep getting all 5 chests during a odyssey, at level 3 I need to do at least three 5 skulls and two 4 skulls, but at level 4 the same three 5 skulls and two 4 skulls can only give me 4 chests. If I want to get all 5 chests, I need to do four 6 skulls and only one chance to lower the difficulty to 5 skulls.

Although the chests quality (or you could say chest level) of level 4 harbor are a little bit better than level 3, but since the gears in the chests are randomly given, lower quality chest is possible to gives you better gear than a higher quality chest, so I prefer to get all 5 chests during every odyssey. Because to me,  5 chests with a little bit lower quality are better than 4 chests with a little bit higher quality, as getting maximum numbers of gears from the chests mean maximum chances to find good stuff.

I don't know why when I upgrade the harbor, I can't get the same reward if I do the same thing like when I was at the lower level harbor. When the harbor is upgraded to a higher level, the maximum difficulty is higher, this is good, because I could challenge to a higher difficulty when I want, but how come I can't get the same chests if I choose to keep doing lower difficulties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dumpster said:

If you're high level, you've probably leveled up quite a few times in the past few weeks. Your heroes get much weaker on the most important stats when you level up, and odysseys get harder. 

Is this because the enemies are matching your level at the same difficulty (skulls), but the heroes are limited to the maximum level 20 and can't be stronger? In this situation, a healthy game design should give you new, more powerful gears when you're leveling up, so your heroes are also stronger, although their levels are kept the same.

I think this is a problem, the chance of getting better gears are lower and lower, instead of keep at the probability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have maximum harbour level but will not go higher than the 1 million coins island as it's virtually impossible. 5 of my heroes are maxed out and all equipment is titan.

also last weeks war, I'm sure Ukraine alliance we're cheating as they went into the war with chaos gate activated, yet their alliance level was low. The buff wasn't available to them!!!

some dodgy goings on me thinks??

barth 1nf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Isjerryhuang said:

Is this because the enemies are matching your level at the same difficulty (skulls), but the heroes are limited to the maximum level 20 and can't be stronger? In this situation, a healthy game design should give you new, more powerful gears when you're leveling up, so your heroes are also stronger, although their levels are kept the same.

I think this is a problem, the chance of getting better gears are lower and lower, instead of keep at the probability.

That's an element of it. Heroes are level capped at 20, and the level of the islands you face scales with your ascension level.

Also, you may not have noticed it before, but some of the most important stats on your heroes decreases as you raise your ascension level. Cooldown, elemental resistances, etc... Basically all the stats that your equipment gives you. This used to be balanced out by having better gear available as you levelled up, but that was changed for high level players about a month ago. I know my main heroes have lost over 10% cooldown since the change, and I haven't found any gear even close to as good as what I used to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barthdomak said:

I have maximum harbour level but will not go higher than the 1 million coins island as it's virtually impossible. 5 of my heroes are maxed out and all equipment is titan.

also last weeks war, I'm sure Ukraine alliance we're cheating as they went into the war with chaos gate activated, yet their alliance level was low. The buff wasn't available to them!!!

some dodgy goings on me thinks??

barth 1nf

The alliance level has nothing to do with war blessings.

If they had reached the required ranking in war to get the gate, then they have it activated.

 

Having all equipment titan doesn't mean it is good, once you leveled up your gear loses its efficiency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Barthdomak said:

I have maximum harbour level but will not go higher than the 1 million coins island as it's virtually impossible. 5 of my heroes are maxed out and all equipment is titan.

also last weeks war, I'm sure Ukraine alliance we're cheating as they went into the war with chaos gate activated, yet their alliance level was low. The buff wasn't available to them!!!

some dodgy goings on me thinks??

barth 1nf

Have maximum harbor level but will not go higher than the 1 million coins island, does this mean you usually can only get about 3 chests after you finished entire odyssey? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dumpster said:

That's an element of it. Heroes are level capped at 20, and the level of the islands you face scales with your ascension level.

Also, you may not have noticed it before, but some of the most important stats on your heroes decreases as you raise your ascension level. Cooldown, elemental resistances, etc... Basically all the stats that your equipment gives you. This used to be balanced out by having better gear available as you levelled up, but that was changed for high level players about a month ago. I know my main heroes have lost over 10% cooldown since the change, and I haven't found any gear even close to as good as what I used to have.

Thanks for your info., no, I didn't realized the stats on my heroes decreases as I raise ascension level until you tell me here. This is really a problem. And the change you mentioned about a month ago makes me feel pretty sad........how come the dev. team decided to do this? Is this good for anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Isjerryhuang said:

Have maximum harbor level but will not go higher than the 1 million coins island, does this mean you usually can only get about 3 chests after you finished entire odyssey? 

 

4 hours ago, Isjerryhuang said:

Have maximum harbor level but will not go higher than the 1 million coins island, does this mean you usually can only get about 3 chests after you finished entire odyssey? 

Yes I've only ever managed to get 3 chests, 2 gold and 1 titan. But I got a unique item this week from the titan!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barthdomak said:

 

Yes I've only ever managed to get 3 chests, 2 gold and 1 titan. But I got a unique item this week from the titan!!

Lucky! Very good to hear. I'm still struggling upgrade my harbor or not. Right now at level 4 harbor, the maximum is 6 skulls which spend 1 million gold, and I can finish to get all 5 chests. I'm not sure if it is better if I upgrade and also do the same 6 skulls but get only 4 or 3 chests, especially if it's not the highest level harbor, the 4 or 3 chests won't include a titan chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys i do not know it is the best tactic but here is my tactics:

I maxed my harbor. 

I play always with honored hero. 

One level 7, four level 6 is enough for getting 2 titan chests. 

No need many gold and wisdom. 

And no need to spend many gems. 

I do not like to spend resources a lot because I use gold to buy treasure chests and open them for getting gems when my resorces are full. 

So it looks more cost-effective to me. 

On conclusion: I have over 3k fame points. (every week 230 points enough for me) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Isjerryhuang said:

Have maximum harbor level but will not go higher than the 1 million coins island, does this mean you usually can only get about 3 chests after you finished entire odyssey? 

 

4 hours ago, Isjerryhuang said:

Have maximum harbor level but will not go higher than the 1 million coins island, does this mean you usually can only get about 3 chests after you finished entire odyssey? 

Yes I've only ever managed to get 3 chests, 2 gold and 1 titan. But I got a unique item this week from the titan!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hellslord said:

Guys i do not know it is the best tactic but here is my tactics:

I maxed my harbor. 

I play always with honored hero. 

One level 7, four level 6 is enough for getting 2 titan chests. 

No need many gold and wisdom. 

And no need to spend many gems. 

I do not like to spend resources a lot because I use gold to buy treasure chests and open them for getting gems when my resorces are full. 

So it looks more cost-effective to me. 

On conclusion: I have over 3k fame points. (every week 230 points enough for me) 

I do exactly the same. Cheap and not so hard at all. Get the fifth chest is too much for me actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now