• Announcements

• Alysea

Community BAND   02/23/2016

Hi all, If you wish to chat with the community, you can head out here: http://band.us/n/afabT0be63WeT Please note this is not a support channel and this is made by the players. It is not an official channel.
    • Alysea

Titan Chests and Invitation Codes   03/08/2017

Hey everyone, Please take a look at this topic to find more information about the Titan Chests and Invitation Codes: You also can share your Invitation Code here:

• oisia

Version 3.7 - Forge Your Items!   10/03/2017

The update 3.7 is live. You can find more about the update in the thread:  

Okay - so I'm questioning just how well shared these are.

I've been playing for ages - never seen one - all the senior players in my team (I'm the general, win the most points and chests) and some newbies have had multiple unique items - mostly two or three but one as many as seven.

Is there a trick? Do you guys hate me? or am I just very unlucky and your algorithm is poorly designed enough to cause this unfairness.

Sad :(

1 hour ago, MarcusozInception said:

I've been playing for ages - never seen one - all the senior players in my team (I'm the general, win the most points and chests) and some newbies have had multiple unique items - mostly two or three but one as many as seven.

Is there a trick? Do you guys hate me? or am I just very unlucky and your algorithm is poorly designed enough to cause this unfairness.

Sorry for you. I think about how many titan chests i opened each week. From war 2-3, 2 from odyseus mission, 2 from links. I open 6-7 per week. 

My unique items: i have 2 for ody, 2 for athena (same), 1 for ajax, 1 for prometheus, totally i have  6 unique items. But 4 came from odyseus missions. As you know you have more chance to drop from odyseus chests. But you are right, some people more lucky some not... 

Same situation

@dumpster sigh - so the universe and the game hates me - because you can see that it is not really good when some can get 6 or 7 from "a small chance" of a drop and others get zilch :(

That tells me the algorithm probably really is random - maybe that should be changed a little. I suggest to get a tiny increase in the chance each time you open a Titan and that probability increase resets to zero when you do get one

@dumpster sigh - so the universe and the game hates me - because you can see that it is not really good when some can get 6 or 7 from "a small chance" of a drop and others get zilch :(

That tells me the algorithm probably really is random - maybe that should be changed a little. I suggest to get a tiny increase in the chance each time you open a Titan and that probability increase resets to zero when you do get one

I could be wrong, but I think it's a 1% chance in any regular Titan chest and a 3% chance in a sea chest. The only way to get better odds is to open more chests. 

I have opened more chests that I can count - routinely get 2 Sea Titans and all the War Titans.

Seriously - you need to do something.  On the one hand you talk about keeping the game in balance (e.g. by severely limiting mastery improvements) - on the other hand you allow a situation where some people get get as many as 10 unique items (one of my members) and others - like me. None

One of my members (so glad he is on my team) has used forging with unique items to get Potency and Damage reflection bonuses of between 28 and 52% for ALL of his heroes - he is unstoppable.  I am glad for him but honestly it's a distortion in the game

2 hours ago, MarcusozInception said:

I have opened more chests that I can count - routinely get 2 Sea Titans and all the War Titans.

Seriously - you need to do something.  On the one hand you talk about keeping the game in balance (e.g. by severely limiting mastery improvements) - on the other hand you allow a situation where some people get get as many as 10 unique items (one of my members) and others - like me. None

One of my members (so glad he is on my team) has used forging with unique items to get Potency and Damage reflection bonuses of between 28 and 52% for ALL of his heroes - he is unstoppable.  I am glad for him but honestly it's a distortion in the game

All Titan chests have a chance of having a unique, including the daily chests and the ones you get from Ajax points. 

@dumpster Yes I know all chests have a chance of a unique - that's irrelevant to my point.

My point is that all unique items are beneficial and some unique items confer SIGNIFICANT advantages. That's fine - but allowing that to be random actually distorts the game.  To be fair you need to allow for the drops to be more evenly distributed. It's not when some players can have 7 or even 10 uniques and others none 

Just like you can get a run of heads you can can get a not insignificant number of players who get MANY and likewise a not insignificant number of players who get NONE. That difference can be magnified by forging (perfectly reasonable for those to get uniques to boost them).

I hope @CaptainMorgandoes indeed take my suggestion seriously - believe me most players would be a lot happier. Increase slightly from the base chance the chance of getting a unique each time you open a Titan.  Such increase to be cumulative for each Titan opened but the increase above the base to be reset to zero when one is found. This would be algorthimically easy to implement and would see a much better distribution of drops

I would like to know... Players who found multiple Uniques, did you get many from the Birthday Celebration back in June?

On 10/20/2017 at 8:51 AM, CaptainMorgan said:

@Chris has never found one either, poor guy. Thanks for the suggestion about the chance increase though, we are discussing various similar measures.

I thought @Chris had the Mirror Shield... ;)

So, Chris hacked into your development server, robbed the gems bank, from the speed of the fight in video used speed hacks as well, and stole all the uniques - and that's why we are getting so little in our titans now ?

That man must be caught and stopped! ^^