• Announcements

• Alysea

Discord Server   09/28/2016

Hello everyone, We now have a Discord Server for Royal Revolt 2! You can head out here to join us! Please note that this is not a support channel and it is not an official channel. If you need to contact the support, please go here: http://support.flaregames.com
Maerique

Stop Making the Game Stupid!

10 hours ago, Maerique said:

Honestly, they never gave any indication they were listening on any thing else I wrote. 

But about 6 months to a year latter my suggestions did appear in game.

I'm assuming I'll have to wait and see whether they are listening.

They certainly won't fix it right (F#cking idiots). 

They never take my good ideas like making the War Season map like a Risk board with different territories effecting the strength/damage of the units in the battles for that territory.  (So it's not the same f#cking battle 5 sometimes 10 times in a row!)

But yeah, 6 months from now they'll have implemented something new I suggested.

10 hours ago, Fourofjacks said:

Ok lets see. I bet most of the 'suggestions' in this thread will not be implemented.

Yes, probably only 30% of my suggestions ever get used.

Cause they are f#cking idiots!

So we'll see.

5 hours ago, Fourofjacks said:

I would argue there are other strategies that can work reasonably well, within 5-10%. Which is quite good balancing wise. The problem is for these other designs the guys have probably tested their bases many times, timing units etc. Making them good vs certain combo's. I don't  think the L base is considered the current best design, but it has been around long enough that people are still just using it since they don't know any better. 

The game balancing doesn't support variety plain and simple. Yes, there are other decent designs but there's no getting around the fact that I keep seeing pretty much the same thing, every single battle, for the past year that I've been playing. I just want to see more variety, more reasons to use spells or damage types that I and practically anyone that's attacked me never uses. Poison is one of them. And that's up to flare to fix, not us. 

Are there no rules in this forum to keep things civil if not respectful and constructive at a minimum? I'm not browsing on this forum to see clowns making scenes and using abusive language - that's a pretty shitty community. There are some good points in between the "F#cking idiots" punctuation but seriously get a grip.

3 hours ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

The game balancing doesn't support variety plain and simple. Yes, there are other decent designs but there's no getting around the fact that I keep seeing pretty much the same thing, every single battle, for the past year that I've been playing. I just want to see more variety, more reasons to use spells or damage types that I and practically anyone that's attacked me never uses. Poison is one of them. And that's up to flare to fix, not us. 

As I mentioned, the game is pretty balanced at the moment to support variety. Yes some units are not that good, but their are options to the standard L base you see.

But the community here would not allow balancing that supports variety, to do that they would need to adjust values more frequently which more or less throw players strategies into disarray. The top players would welcome this, they can adjust quickly and probably enjoy trying to set up their base. But can you imagine the amount of crying and whinging on the forums from the buffing and nerfing? Look at TC nerf, they did it to promote more variety since everyone at the top tier was using it. Its still one of the strongest spells but look how much negative response they got from it. That you say no one uses it might be due to the negative feedback it got? that players think it is not good now. Or maybe most players have not been able to forge it extensively. Certainly I use it on most of my attacks.

If you look at the top players now, there is almost no one with a 'L' shape design, although they all share the same layout again :P
As I mentioned I don't think L shape is the best design, and not for quite a while.

What can flare do?
If they nerf the L design more to try get lower players to use something else, then they are making the game more un-balanced as it is already not the best design.
Yet most people would perceive nerfing the 'L' design as a balancing. But i guess that's part of what makes balancing so hard.
Balancing at the top end is different from balancing in the middle or lower tiers.

6 hours ago, Maerique said:

Yes, probably only 30% of my suggestions ever get used.

Cause they are f#cking idiots!

So we'll see.

I haven't counted, but it seems Cromka gets more of his issues fixed than most people.

And he is a self professed walking PR disaster really... doesn't give two hoots about annoying people.
But he is usually civil when directing things at flare.

Obviously it helps he is representing a paying player base, but I'm pretty sure most people in flare shoes would more likely listen to / assist someone who treats them well, rather than someone abusing them.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the flare staff wish they could thank Cromka for telling people how stupid they are which they can't do themselves!

3 hours ago, Fourofjacks said:

I haven't counted, but it seems Cromka gets more of his issues fixed than most people.

And he is a self professed walking PR disaster really... doesn't give two hoots about annoying people.
But he is usually civil when directing things at flare.

Obviously it helps he is representing a paying player base, but I'm pretty sure most people in flare shoes would more likely listen to / assist someone who treats them well, rather than someone abusing them.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the flare staff wish they could thank Cromka for telling people how stupid they are which they can't do themselves!

Self professed walking PR disaster!!!

i love it!!😂😂😂😂

mostly i dnt care about people here. We will never see them in top)

As I mentioned, the game is pretty balanced at the moment to support variety.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree there. 

But can you imagine the amount of crying and whinging on the forums from the buffing and nerfing? Look at TC nerf, they did it to promote more variety since everyone at the top tier was using it.

There's always someone thats going to whine but I can't imagine the kind of re-balance I would like to see would generate so much backlash. As for the TC nerf, I don't think that was a good idea, but to be fair I don't use that spell and am not 100% sure what the changes were or what it was before. It was lowering the magnitude of the slow effect, right?

2 hours ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

There's always someone thats going to whine but I can't imagine the kind of re-balance I would like to see would generate so much backlash. As for the TC nerf, I don't think that was a good idea, but to be fair I don't use that spell and am not 100% sure what the changes were or what it was before. It was lowering the magnitude of the slow effect, right?

Yes

nerf TC was not bad idea if would everyone think about balance not about their gameplay.

Tc was very very OP. And i like it was nerfed. Also i still use it, veey good spell)

14 hours ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

I'll try explain it in a different way. Say 1000 people attack your base. With your current towers and troops, could you re-arrange it from a L base, to a Z base, or staircase, or the design top players are using or other design and still only 5-10% more people can get through as compared to the 'best' design. Yes most probably. 5-10% difference is about all you can hope for in the most balanced games.

Or do you define balance and allowing variety some other way?
that people can just randomly put towers and path and it will be 5-10% as good as a well laid out base?
or forcing people to use different designs they don't want to / know how to use, so that you don't see the same design over and over?

14 hours ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

IThere's always someone thats going to whine but I can't imagine the kind of re-balance I would like to see would generate so much backlash. As for the TC nerf, I don't think that was a good idea, but to be fair I don't use that spell and am not 100% sure what the changes were or what it was before. It was lowering the magnitude of the slow effect, right?

You've highlighted the problem right there!

The TC nerf (from what I understand) is exactly the king of balancing you are asking for.
It was too strong, everyone at the top was using it, there was no variety.
It wasn't just too strong with certain combo's,  it was basically too strong with every combination of troops and other spells.

now you self profess you don't use that spell, and not sure what the changes were but you still don't think it was a good idea.
How did you conclude it was a bad idea? This is what I mean when the community will not allow balancing, you want balancing but don't think its a good idea when flare try to balance even when you don't understand why it was required.

So let me ask you, how would you go about 'balancing' TC so you see more people use it at lower levels?
It is already still a very powerful spell for top players, anything you do to directly or indirectly buff the spell to get it used more at lower level is going to make a powerful spell even more powerful at the top.

Edited by Fourofjacks

The TC nerf (from what I understand) is exactly the king of balancing you are asking for.

It isn't. I'd like to see more people using poison not less.

How did you conclude it was a bad idea?

I don't know nothing about what happened, I'm simply not sure of what the exact numbers were before and after, or how many high, high level players use it (I'm almost at 100 and never see anyone use it). If it used heavily at the top then great, my comments apply to lower levels only.

But as far as I know, the slow mechanic was TCs only use, it doesn't do a ton of damage, especially against towers and unless you want the slow effect, you might as well just use fs, sonic, or bladestorm. Nerf the slow effect and it becomes useless.

So let me ask you, how would you go about 'balancing' TC so you see more people use it at lower levels?

Up the damage a bit in the lower levels, and make more units weak to it. It's obviously not a tower-killing spell so it should be highly effective against units, however the spell doesn't really compete with firestorm or bladestorm. Spells and units do have roles, but some of them don't fit their own role very well. 

anything you do to directly or indirectly buff the spell to get it used more at lower level is going to make a powerful spell even more powerful at the top.

Untrue. You can edit numbers by level so you can make a change to lower levels without changing the higher ones. If they did the extreme and gave it the same strength as it has on max from level 1, everyone at lower levels would use it, but it wouldn't change much for the players that had it maxed out anyway.

And with that, I'm done posting on this thread. There's not a point in arguing if we fundamentally disagree and neither of us appears to explain their position good enough to sway the other. Good day.

17 hours ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

It isn't. I'd like to see more people using poison not less.

I don't know nothing about what happened, I'm simply not sure of what the exact numbers were before and after, or how many high, high level players use it (I'm almost at 100 and never see anyone use it). If it used heavily at the top then great, my comments apply to lower levels only.

But as far as I know, the slow mechanic was TCs only use, it doesn't do a ton of damage, especially against towers and unless you want the slow effect, you might as well just use fs, sonic, or bladestorm. Nerf the slow effect and it becomes useless.

The 'nerf' you did not like, was only to the slow mechanic. No damage numbers changed, hence no change to people in lower levels (unless they forged slow).
So it was a good change for balance.
I guess this just reinforces the issue that its hard to balance, when the community objects to changes that don't know / understand, and in your case one that didn't really affect you.

What you are looking for is not true balance then. It is just 'variety.' It is extremely hard to achieve at lower levels of play where people don't always pick spells based on what is best, or can't use spells to their fullest. Eg, with tc, you need to go around tagging targets to make the most of it. Many lower players probably cannot do this properly all the time, and something like swordrain with larger range is easier to use. So if you up the damage for TC so it rivals usefulness as swordrain when you don't use it properly, it will be too powerful for people that can use it properly.

Up the damage a bit in the lower levels, and make more units weak to it. It's obviously not a tower-killing spell so it should be highly effective against units, however the spell doesn't really compete with firestorm or bladestorm. Spells and units do have roles, but some of them don't fit their own role very well. 

Untrue. You can edit numbers by level so you can make a change to lower levels without changing the higher ones. If they did the extreme and gave it the same strength as it has on max from level 1, everyone at lower levels would use it, but it wouldn't change much for the players that had it maxed out anyway.

I will be honest here and say that at your level 100 people that know what they are doing should really be using max level spells. If not one has mentioned to you yet, this is what you should be doing as well.  Leveling the spells used to max, and not leveling all spells at the same time. And if they are around level 100 and do not know to max their spells, their spell choice probably isn't based on whats best, and just what 'feels' right for for them. Ie you can't balance the game for them properly.

Your suggestion is also complicated by the fact at "very" low levels TC is already quite good, since paladins are good on def down there used often. It starts getting messy when you then try and nerf very low level tc, buff the middle, leave top, while trying to guess whether players use the spell properly, and if they level them all equally or not.

And with that, I'm done posting on this thread. There's not a point in arguing if we fundamentally disagree and neither of us appears to explain their position good enough to sway the other. Good day.

I get your position and where you are coming from. There are many games with the same issue, the casual players play a different game to the guys at the top. And like pretty much all other games, priority for balancing goes to the top players, its really hard (impossible?) to balance at lower levels where there's so many variables - especially regarding game knowledge and skill level.

Edited by Fourofjacks

On 11/7/2017 at 8:09 PM, everline said:

There are some good points in between the "F#cking idiots" punctuation but seriously get a grip.

These are good points I've been posting about and emailing Flare about directly for 3 years.

Do you have another idea how to get these points noticed?

I got 2,000 views on my points. 

Read my earlier posts, I used to be nice and polite until the jack @sses at Flare Games made me this way!

On 11/7/2017 at 4:03 AM, Fourofjacks said:

Ok lets see. I bet most of the 'suggestions' in this thread will not be implemented.

Um dude it takes at least 6 months for them to implement a small change.  We are no where near judging the implementation.

On 11/10/2017 at 1:15 AM, Fourofjacks said:

I guess this just reinforces the issue that its hard to balance, when the community objects to changes that don't know / understand, and in your case one that didn't really affect you.

What you are looking for is not true balance then. It is just 'variety.' It is extremely hard to achieve at lower levels of play...

I have to object to this cause it kind of makes it sound like Flare is trying.

You tell me what they are doing with Gargoyle, and then maybe we can discuss how they are trying.

They're not!

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:09 PM, everline said:

Are there no rules in this forum to keep things civil if not respectful and constructive at a minimum? I'm not browsing on this forum to see clowns making scenes and using abusive language - that's a pretty shitty community. There are some good points in between the "F#cking idiots" punctuation but seriously get a grip.

Sorry for you :( Welcome on internet where everyone is free to speak. If you don't like what you read then nobody force you to read them. You should respect Maerique honestly. This guy give really good idea and allow the game to be improved. Without him or me or some others people RR2 will not be like this like he is right now. We have suggest many thing and Flare add it in the game. So you should thanks everyone who put effort to wake up Flare to improve the game. For your information, we have suggestion so many stuffs over 3 years its impressive but just maybe 30% of them are implemented maybe less. Its horrible!

I understand Maerique, its very frustrating to see how many mistake Flare do each update and how they ignore us since many years. Maybe you was not there to know we have fight really hard to be listened since maybe 1 year and what happen to Alysea,etc.. and again today we try again to be listened

Without the effort of Maerique many feature would not has been in the game and many of us who suggest good stuffs. So please next time before criticize other people post you should understand why in the first place the person do that

If you have play Olympus Rising and talk in OR forum you should know how frustrating is. RR2 team don't upgrade the game like OR team do. Thanks to CaptainMorgan who listen us and implement suggestion we make not 10 years after but in the next update. in OR we have stuffs we still waiting in RR2 since day 1 like :

- Reduced inventory slots prize. OR team reduced 30 gems per item to 5 gems per item. This way you can up easily at 200,240,300 if you want

in RR2 that cost 500 gems/ 250 during event. its really too expensive for nothing

- Preset A,B,C,D for defense. We have that in OR since few months ago

- Auto Play since day 1, recently added double speed auto play few month ago

- unequipped scrolls since 1 month ago. in RR2 we still waiting 

and maybe so many stuffs,etc..

next time just take time to understand why sometime someone talk like he did and why. Maybe there is a really good reason

Hey it's nice to have someone sticking up for me!  Thanks Warriorinator (Love you Bro!) 

Miss you in the Knights who say Ni!

Oh, one minor victory we finally did get them to kill the cold weakness on the Paladin.  I'm seeing a lot more of them on Defense now!  I'm going to try using them myself now!

14 hours ago, Warriornator said:

and what happen to Alysea

What did happen to Alysea? Did he/she leave flaregames?

Also, is OR basically rr3? I heard it's very similar, and am thinking they wanted to release it without pulling players away from Rr2 so they can keep milking it

Edited by QuantumApocalypse

9 hours ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

Also, is OR basically rr3? I heard it's very similar, and am thinking they wanted to release it without pulling players away from Rr2 so they can keep milking it

I was thinking Alysea left.  :angry:

22 hours ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

RR3? I heard it's very similar, and am thinking they wanted to release it without pulling players away from RR2 so they can keep milking it

They better not make 3 "very similar".  They aren't keeping up with Clash Royale as is.  They need real-time PvP.  Or they are dead.

On 11/25/2017 at 6:38 AM, Warriornator said:

Sorry for you :( Welcome on internet where everyone is free to speak. If you don't like what you read then nobody force you to read them. You should respect Maerique honestly. This guy give really good idea and allow the game to be improved. Without him or me or some others people RR2 will not be like this like he is right now. We have suggest many thing and Flare add it in the game. So you should thanks everyone who put effort to wake up Flare to improve the game. For your information, we have suggestion so many stuffs over 3 years its impressive but just maybe 30% of them are implemented maybe less. Its horrible!

I understand Maerique, its very frustrating to see how many mistake Flare do each update and how they ignore us since many years. Maybe you was not there to know we have fight really hard to be listened since maybe 1 year and what happen to Alysea,etc.. and again today we try again to be listened

Without the effort of Maerique many feature would not has been in the game and many of us who suggest good stuffs. So please next time before criticize other people post you should understand why in the first place the person do that

If you have play Olympus Rising and talk in OR forum you should know how frustrating is. RR2 team don't upgrade the game like OR team do. Thanks to CaptainMorgan who listen us and implement suggestion we make not 10 years after but in the next update. in OR we have stuffs we still waiting in RR2 since day 1 like :

- Reduced inventory slots prize. OR team reduced 30 gems per item to 5 gems per item. This way you can up easily at 200,240,300 if you want

in RR2 that cost 500 gems/ 250 during event. its really too expensive for nothing

- Preset A,B,C,D for defense. We have that in OR since few months ago

- Auto Play since day 1, recently added double speed auto play few month ago

- unequipped scrolls since 1 month ago. in RR2 we still waiting 

and maybe so many stuffs,etc..

next time just take time to understand why sometime someone talk like he did and why. Maybe there is a really good reason

I'm not sure what you mean by free to speak, I guess I am free to speak as well just like you are. And yes, aggressive and abusive language makes the community shitty - that's why rules exist in many places including on the internet. I'll be blunt and honest, if you get to this point that you get a horrible attitude and give the excuse that it's because of the game - it means you've been here way too long and it 's time to get out. I've said there were some good points but again I'm not criticizing the ideas but the way they are presented (and presented is too good of a word for this) - as they are buried in a sea of insults. This forum is for suggestions not commands so I don't get this mentality of insulting because a company didn't follow what someone suggested in the forum, specifically i'm sure some suggestions are in contradictions with each others (I'm speaking in general) as everyone don't always have the same opinions and there are other business decisions to take into account. Some suggestions are followed and some are not - keep enjoying the game and making/renewing suggestions if you feel like it but let's stay civil and productive, at least that's how I see it.

Edited by everline
formatting

Once upon a time, a farmer bought a donkey from the marketplace. The farmer went back to the farm and for the first few days, the donkey was an excellent help at the farm. After that first few days, the donkey refuses to do anything despite the pleads and begging of the farmer. The farmer tried to motivate the donkey by giving the donkey more and more carrots but that did not work. Tried as much as the farmer could, the donkey still refuses to do anything. Finally, the farmer gives up and took back the donkey to the marketplace and back to the seller. The farmer told the seller that the donkey just refuses to do anything now. "Aha" says the seller, "Wait here, I have a cure for this ailment". The seller went inside his tent, rummaging hard at the back and finally emerged holding a big mallet. "Hey, what are you doing with the big mallet?" cried the farmer. The seller smiled and says "I going to accomplish two things with this mallet - first, I will hit this donkey's thick skull with the mallet repeatedly to get its attention and second, these blows will definitely knock some sense into the donkey and after this, you can have your donkey back to normal !!!" 

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:57 AM, QuantumApocalypse said:

Alysea was fired, that's what happened. The person who did, didn't realize her value for the community. She was here for players and helped them, I consider that as one of the biggest mistakes. They should have fired the person who ordered to fire her, that would have been much better for the company.

Edited by Dena4

55 minutes ago, Dena4 said:

Alysea was fired, that's what happened. The person who did, didn't realize her value for the community. She was here for players and helped them, I consider that as one of the biggest mistakes. They should have fired the person who ordered to fire her, that would have been much better for the company.

She must be fired long ago, they did it too late .

She was different for different players and alliances. It was mistake for the, and for Flare