As this is a hot topic at the moment, we have decided it would be good to let you know some of the current plans we intend to implement to combat the grouping and ganging up of Alliances. Specifically the plans to combat open defences.
Please note: This is a rough plan for a first implementation, it does not mean that this will be the only change, nor that it will be implemented exactly as described here. We intend to track the changes we make and add further improvements or make changes if the goal of reducing this behaviour is not reached.
In order to reduce the ability to switch to “open defences” in war, which Alliances use to allow their allies to take islands from them with minimal resistance, we currently plan on implementing a War Defence.
Here is a brief overview of the main functionality:
- When taking part in your first War (as part of the Tutorial), a new Defence Slot will be unlocked. The “War Defence”.
- This slot cannot be edited at any time, other than increasing building levels.
- Heatmap data and attacks will be viewable as normal, and you will be able to view the defence on Mount Olympus in the normal way (as well as select it to be your main defence).
- When first unlocked it will be a copy of your current active defence.
- During Preparation for War, you can freely select which of your 1-3 normal slots will be used in the War.
- When the War starts, this defence will be copied into the War Defence slot, and the War Defence will be used through the entirety of the War.
Criticism and feedback welcome.