Ambrosia moving cost

1. Does each hero cost the same to go the same distance?  If not, what makes one cost more than another? 

2. How is ambrosia calculated?  It doesn’t seem to match up to straight line distance.  For example, to go to the north west islands is much cheaper when coming from the southwest instead of the first islands to the north, even though the north ones look closer.  Maybe an intrepid fan can post a map in the forum calculating cost between every island. 

3.  When my territory is occupied, ambrosia islands are occupied last, meaning I don’t get the chance to attack and gain instant ambrosia. (Right now 8 occupied islands since I left, 7 gold and 1 wisdom.  6 ambrosia islands empty, only 4 gold empty). If this is a deliberate feature of the game, it’s cruel :slightly_frowning_face:  

1. Pretty sure the higher the hero level the more ambrosia.

2. No clue the exact algorithm but I hate it for that exact reason.

3. If your trying to say your ambrosia islands get taken over if left I defended…it’s because everyone’s fighting for them

No, I’m saying mine get taken over last, which makes it hard to string together attacks.  But I think the devs are clear that a person appears at random on your undefended island, not because they targeted that island. 

I’m still interested in hearing from an administrator on this issue. 

Hi TheDon, hi Bellylint24, 

Just wanted to clear up these questions for you:

1. Does each hero cost the same to go the same distance?  If not, what makes one cost more than another? 

Yes, all Heroes cost the same amount to move the same distance. The reason the prices aren’t the same is because of the differing distances between the islands your different Heroes are on, and the target island.

1. How is ambrosia calculated?  It doesn’t seem to match up to straight line distance.  For example, to go to the north west islands is much cheaper when coming from the southwest instead of the first islands to the north, even though the north ones look closer.  

The Ambrosia cost of moving between different groups of islands is much larger than moving between two islands within a group. This means it really pays off to strategically position your Heroes in different island areas.

In addition, islands you have unlocked later, which contain more valuable resources, are more difficult for your Heroes to travel between, and therefore cost more Ambrosia than the early islands when travelling to or from them.

1.  When my territory is occupied, ambrosia islands are occupied last, meaning I don’t get the chance to attack and gain instant ambrosia.

The undefended islands which are lost are calculated randomly, so it just sounds like you’ve had a streak of bad luck  :slightly_frowning_face:  Generally, you can make Ambrosia more reliably by defending good Ambrosia islands with your Heroes. The reward for attacking an Ambrosia island will usually not cover the cost of attacking it, but having it under your control means it will always produce Ambrosia for you netting you more in the long run. Attacking an Ambrosia island to fund another attack is mostly helpful when you use an Ambrosia island as a ‘bridge’ to attack another one.

It’s good to bear in mind that the Ambrosia islands near Mount Olympus do not give many resources in comparison to later islands. If you position one or two Heroes on islands in later groups you can take and defend bigger, better Ambrosia islands. This is the best way to really start making a lot of Ambrosia.

Hope that helps answer your questions.

Happy battling!

This was helpful, I have been utilizing the two heroes in the stronger producing islands :slight_smile:

Is there a discount for ambrosia cost depending the islands and the heroes…? For example is cheaper for Ariadne to move in Minotaur islands and Hercules to move in Hydra islands or it cost for all the heroes the same…?

would be nice if only attack cost ambrosia, and switch between island should be free or a little ambrosia