Balance Changes

Balance changes is long overdue. Here are some that I would like to discuss and bring to the attention of the developers.

1. Increase LT’s range by 0.3

2. Reduce Bladestorm damage against Tempest to a point where, a max forged Bladestorm can still one shot Tempest, but will fail to do so if Tempest gets even one “heal orb” from heal tower (Right now Max forged Tempest still gets destroyed even if heal tower attempts to heal it).

3. Reduce Bladestorm damage against barricade and blockade to a point where a max forged Bladestorm can still one shot barricade and blockade but will fail to do so if blockade or barricade gets even one “heal orb” from heal tower.

4. Pal Flute’s version of beast gets the amount of stats it would have had, had it been a defensive beast (i.e. if your Phoebe is level 10, during raids, you should be summoning a level 10 Celestial Phoebe with stats equivalent of that of a level 10 Defensive Celestial Phoebe).

5. Give Vikings an additional ability to cast Shield with 1,000 health that is non stackable, making it a better defensive unit overall.

6. Allow Skeletons to be shielded by the shield spell, giving more viability for Necromancers to be used in offense, and giving the possibility of new defensive combo of using Bucky as a Beast or Vikings in the mix for the shield ability as per suggestion no. (5).

7. Change Firebolt’s confusion percentage to “every 10th arrow it fires causes confusion”.

8 ) Increase Bomb Tower’s range by 1.5

1. Increase DEFENSIVE froster’s range by 0.5

2. Increase King’s range to allow King to attack Firebolt, giving viability to strategies of stacking King’s damage + life drain even at higher levels. To avoid abuse at lower levels, the King’s range can be slowly increased with levels, i.e. able to hit Firebolt when King reaches level 100.

3. Increase Monk’s walking speed by 0.3

4. Reduce Firestorm’s cd by 3 seconds, making it comparable to Bladestorm’s cd.

5. Reduce Black Magic’s cd by 3 seconds

6. Reduce stun duration of Ogre against Basilisk to avoid permanent stun even with just one ogre hitting against Basilisk.

7. Increase Eldrak Pal’s ability range to 7 from 6.5

8. Increase Nidhogg Pal’s ability range to 7 from 5.5

9. Allow Eris to attack towers without the ability to stun them

Feel free to add on to the list or criticize any of the items in the list.

1. I thought about this previously, think flare did this for good reason, shield would make skele and necro too powerful on offense (of course they could nerf the summon time etc to balance) but as it is just allowing shield would make them too strong i think

2. reduce stun duration, area effect of stun against everything. maybe make the damage aoe to stuns current area, but nerf the stun. Would bring back more variety / options with frost / snake other towers if they weren’t just perm stunned with ogres attacking.

Some OP things that could do with nerf

1. heal ring and / or bomb kick - reduce value. could make heal ring heal with cd rather than aura so doesn’t instantly negate all dots…

2. wolves (on offense) - reduce hp, howl range, or howl effect.

3. ceres / aska - longer cd for ability

1. fix bugs

2. ban cheaters from pro league and in the game.

3. if you pay the 24 hours shield, none cant attack you and if they do, they can only half of trophies when you are shielded.

They need to seriously fix the range on Heal Towers too. I hate those things

I like those posts. Im sure, will be rebalance soon and there will be a lot of posts like WHYYYYYYYY YOOOOUU DIIIDD IT

Maybe you can apply for developper ?, 

Usually I might not be agree with cromka’s comments but not this time lol. Dont u guys remember when fg nerfed tc? ?

1,2,3 nd 12 will completely break the game.other than that i agree with the rest.also id like to point out.

1)give paladins 1 weakness instead of 3.

1. frosters range to b 6 by default.

3)bomb kick aura to kick back motars poision bombs,bt still taking the poision dmg bt blocking the blunt dmg.

4)bladestorm is good as it is,they have nerfed its effects on blockade nd barricades which i fine nd its only effectiveness is against 2 towers nd 3 units.

5)buff the blizzard spell.with just 2sec CD difference firestorm does ovr 11000 dmg while blizzard does 6000,buff the blizzard up to 8000 wen completely maxed nd forged.

6)other than ogre every other melee unit is ineffective against wolf nd defensive units.make using other melee units effective.

7)make stun spells remove howl effects instead of stunning the howled units nd towers.

8)Vikings push back should also remove howl effects in both offence nd defence.its a 16 moral units

9)eris should attack towers at least with its ability.

10)kings should attack firebolt towers,have fire dmg in weapon is useless without it.

11)Fritz pal is used for defence consisting of wolfs nd skull towers,bt its roll does not reach the towers in opposite lane.make its ability instant nd circular ranged lyk Eldark.

12)buff swordrain spell,it’s said to b most effective against units while max boosted necro still doesn’t die,same for archers.

13)increase the tym for raid,with all the beasts nd boosts.at least a 10-15 sec more would b nyc

fix phoebe beast  damage

As we are already discussing these ideas, can you add the reason why you would request those changes, and also your level ingame/your trophies amount, so we know in which range you are, so we can know in which range of gameplay (low, middle, high, top) those changes would be appreciated

First and foremost, thank you for responding to this post.

I am a level 130 King. My Trophies float around 5200-5600.

I will type my comments in bold.

1. Increase LT’s range by 0.3

I have few Tempest Towers that are forged with 6.50 range. When they are placed on the opposite path, I notice that when I reach the other side of the path, they still have charges left. I don’t think this should happen. I know Tempest Towers can be forged to 6.54 according to Wiki, but I don’t think 0.04 would have changed that situation. As a matter of balancing, Tempest Towers should release all charges if they are not destroyed from the get go.

1. Reduce Bladestorm damage against Tempest to a point where, a max forged Bladestorm can still one shot Tempest, but will fail to do so if Tempest gets even one “heal orb” from heal tower (Right now Max forged Tempest still gets destroyed even if heal tower attempts to heal it).

I think this is pretty self explanatory. Bladestorm can destroy Tempest Towers if your King stand still while the spell is on even if the Tempest Tower is constantly being healed by Heal Tower. As a matter of balancing, Bladestorm should not be able to destroy Tempest Towers if there are Heal Towers healing them.

1. Reduce Bladestorm damage against barricade and blockade to a point where a max forged Bladestorm can still one shot barricade and blockade but will fail to do so if blockade or barricade gets even one “heal orb” from heal tower.

Same as no.2.

1. Pal Flute’s version of beast gets the amount of stats it would have had, had it been a defensive beast (i.e. if your Phoebe is level 10, during raids, you should be summoning a level 10 Celestial Phoebe with stats equivalent of that of a level 10 Defensive Celestial Phoebe).

The recent Pro Leagues have shown how bad Pal Flute is. Since you played them yourself, I am sure you are aware of it. For example, remember the Pro League with Kaiser? Pal Flute is so ridiculous that the key to winning that league is to use the flute as little as possible, as the damage from the original Pal is much higher compared to its beast version. This doesn’t just apply to Kaiser, as most pals are stronger than their Pal Flute’s Beast counterpart. In the aforesaid Pro League, the only use for the Pal Flute was for its defensive feature, i.e. battlecry. However, in real raids, there are way stronger defensive spells available, without the need to cripple your own pals by turning them into a lousy Beast.

1. Give Vikings an additional ability to cast Shield with 1,000 health that is non stackable, making it a better defensive unit overall.

Even with the recent buff on Vikings, it is still underpowered compared to other units. It is supposed to be the most expensive unit, and the boost is only available with the highest level Alliances. I don’t think adding stats to it is the answer. Adding “utility” to it could do more wonders. If it could casts mini shield, it will give much more diversity to gameplay. In Defense, it will be a much more valuable unit with the added shield utility. In offense, it provides another layer of strategy to the less preferred spell, “Heal” compared to the “Shield” spell, since the Viking’s Shield and the King’s spell are not stackable.

1. Allow Skeletons to be shielded by the shield spell, giving more viability for Necromancers to be used in offense, and giving the possibility of new defensive combo of using Bucky as a Beast or Vikings in the mix for the shield ability as per suggestion no. (5).

More or less same explanation as no.5.

1. Change Firebolt’s confusion percentage to “every 10th arrow it fires causes confusion”.

This reduces the chance of “luck” during gameplay. Also, if Pro Firebolts were to be added into Pro Leagues, it will be fair to all as it doesn’t rely on probabilities of confusion.

8 ) Increase Bomb Tower’s range by 1.5

Bomb Towers are slowly getting obsolete since the introduction of pro boosts. A little increase in range may give Bomb Tower the opportunity to be placed a little further for more diversed stratety.

1. Increase DEFENSIVE froster’s range by 0.5

Defensive Froster is another uncommon choice for defense. Defensive Frosters usually die even before they could even have one single opportunity to attack. Having a range of 6.0 may give it a little more chance to do just that, as its main function is to just provide the slow effect.

1. Increase King’s range to allow King to attack Firebolt, giving viability to strategies of stacking King’s damage + life drain even at higher levels. To avoid abuse at lower levels, the King’s range can be slowly increased with levels, i.e. able to hit Firebolt when King reaches level 100.

This is pretty self explanatory. The reason added damage and life drain perks are such uncommon perks to be used at higher levels is because the King can’t even reach certain towers. If the King is able to reach towers, it adds more layers to strategy as it is now viable to have a King that is fully equipped with added damage and life drain even for top players.

1. Increase Monk’s walking speed by 0.3

The Monks are slowly becoming obsolete due to the introduction of pro boosts, and heal aura. At higher levels, many players are using heal aura and dropping Monks altogether because Monks are just way too slow. A little buff would help the situation.

1. Reduce Firestorm’s cd by 3 seconds, making it comparable to Bladestorm’s cd.

This is pretty self explanatory. Firestorm is pretty much redundant in raids compared to Bladestorm. Practically, Firestorm is only better at hitting Firebolts. However, at higher levels, most Firebolts are outside of Firestorm’s range anyway. Even if Firestorm’s cd is reduced by 3 seconds, players may still opt for Bladestorm. That’s how big the difference is. However, this could be a good start as a buff to Firestorm.

1. Reduce Black Magic’s cd by 3 seconds

Another spell that is super rarely used. I don’t think I’ve seen any raiders in my attack history for the past 1 year who used Black Magic. I wish I was exaggerating…

1. Reduce stun duration of Ogre against Basilisk to avoid permanent stun even with just one ogre hitting against Basilisk.

This one is self explanatory as well. Basilisks is the latest tower available, with boosts only available to the highest level alliances. It is odd that all it takes to counter it is just ONE ogre. ONE ogre is sufficient to permanently stun Basilisk until it gets destroyed. If the stun duration is reduced, then perhaps it is acceptable that to prevent basilisks from moving, the raider needs at least 3 ogres hitting it constantly.

1. Increase Eldrak Pal’s ability range to 7 from 6.5

Another underpowered pal. Increase the ability range will help it reach Firebolts/ Tempest towers. If you think from the King’s perspective, I know you don’t need a range of 7 to do that. But unlike the King, it is difficult to walk at the edge of the path easily. Having extra range on the pal makes it easier to target towers on the opposite path as it is difficult to position the pal.

1. Increase Nidhogg Pal’s ability range to 7 from 5.5

Same explanation as no. 15.

1. Allow Eris to attack towers without the ability to stun them

Another underpowered Pal. I believe most players consider Eris the most useless Pro Pal. It doesn’t help that Eris can’t even attack Towers. If the developers are afraid it could be overpowered by permanently stunning every tower in range, then just remove the “stun effect” on towers. It should at least be able to damage the towers without stunning them.

my IGN is karthik Gowda

my lvl is 114.

1)blade storm is good as it is,NO NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING.

2)blizzard needs dmg buff since it cant 1 shot wolf unless v have an item perk.

3)stun effects r useless against battle cry.i agree its a counter bt at high lvl stun can b pretty useless,stun should remove howl buff from units nd stun effects from units should b removed wen howl bt not buff them. 

4)fritz pal doesn’t dmg the towers across the path,make it’s effects more lyk Eldark.

5)eldark range to b 7 instead of 6.5

6)make necro nd Viking usable in offence,15-16 moral units die way too easily.

7)paladins r still not worth using esp in alliance who spend money carefully,way too many weakness,give it 50% poision & ice weakness,75% resistance to piercing & blunt dmg.

8)eris pro pal is good bt not comparible to others,make it attack towers,if not at least make its ability hit towers nd stun them.

9)dmg buff to swordrain.

10)make bomb kick ring kick motar poision bombs,bt the hero nd units around him should still take poision dmg,only blunt dmg felt by motars should b evaded.since war boosts motars r very deadly nd no way of defending against them.

11)Bella pal should have more life drain.

12)pheobe pals heal range increase 

13)no changes to lighting towers,they r deadly,combined with heal towers it take 3 bladestorm to destroy it.

14)a new pal or pro pal that can use “time wrap” nd “bladestorm”.

15)provide more tym for raid,5-10 seconds more.

16)fire storm less CD,at least 1-2 sec.

17)buff to shield spell,it’s has been a good spell for a long tym bt today defending units deal soo much damage that shield is only effective wen raiding with a large army.

18)aska pal is way better choice than Janus,simply because it summons a free unit nd saves moral,this helps a lot while using high moral units,unit that is placed in the 1st slot should b summoned for free lyk aska wen portal is opened,

bladestorm,lighting towers nd obstacles are as good as they are.i have played this game for nearly 3yrs nd starting a new account from past 1yr.lighting towers when combined with well placed healtowers takes 3 bladestorm to take down.also if u haven’t noticed buffing LT,war boost lyk uber towers will break the game nd the war season,boosted barricades nd blocks r already very tough,nd flare has already reduced Bladestorms effects on them.its a spell that is effective against only 2 towers nd blocks,infact pro boost healtowers take 2 BS to take down.also its effective against 40% of the units.its main purpose being dealing with support towers nd nerfing it would b a bad move.

apart from this i agree with most of the list

because of this kind of topic that I hate top players in online game. At the final they think they have greatest solution to fix the game but at the end this will break the game even more. Top players are all the same. Egoist like hell and don’t care of what the change will provoke in low,medium and high level. No they only think about them in top. That why many games have die. Because of person like LacunaC exactly. I have nothing against you but each time you propose something the only thing that do its broke the game more and more. Stop please stop to suggest this kind of thing

Here is my vision of this in low and medium range. All those change will kill the game totally and nothing will save it. Hope FTB will not listen. I explain

1.The goal of Lightning Tower is not be so much difficult to destroy and make it so bad ass. If you up the range of 0.2.,0.3 or 0.5 you will break the game. I think you have forgot the consequence of this? Let me explain to you. For a level 60-70 who invest millions in Lightning Tower and forge it at +40 his range. Same without boost those Lightning Tower are deadly. If you increase the range. You will make them more deadly at a point a Level 70 just have to max it and forge max and bingo he will win 700 gems a week easy.

Impact : Flare income will suffer. Why buy anymore Gems packages when you can construct a Lightning Tower max and forged max over 6 of range. Just put 4 or 5 of them with Heal Tower and you have a impossible base. At low and medium they are deadly if someone up them at level 5+ and forge it at +30 in range. they strike you very far and nothing you can do to survive. If a low or medium can join a alliance level 70+ he have a invincible base guaranteed

2 and 3 No clue I don’t use Bladestorm

4.The goal of Pal Flute is not have a invincible Beast and destroy all. I am sure if tomorrow I unlock Pal Flute and I can easily destroy level 80-90 base alone without any troops. Right now just with Tammy I destroy all alone without any troops or boost,etc… The pal via 3.0.0 have make a unbalance total. If you buff Pal Flute more. I can guaranteed you. No more player will still in low,med and high range because they will all quit. 15K players will drop at 5K with only top players

Impact : Level 60-90 don’t have anymore the defense to stop any players. You cannot anymore stop player anyway

5.seem ok for that one

6.seem ok for that one

7.With the nerf of the Pro firebolt. At low and medium their already useless just with a simple Hammerstrike your destroy them and confuse don’t work with Hero alone. So nerf them again with this . Pro boost Firebolt will be totally useless.

8.This will broke the game totally. Already a Bomb Tower max forge have over 10 of range if no more. Add 1.5 range will broke the game. Because low or medium will have just to make a base full of Bomb Tower at 11.5 range with the elite boost and bingo. Unstoppable

9.seem ok same if they have 10 of range can change nothing

10.no clue here

11.seem ok they are slow

12.Firestorm is already too much OP at low and medium. Reduce his cooldown will make it more OP. No fun to destroy a entire base with just Firestorm alone

13.If you cast Black Magic more often you will be too much OP. Insane troop in few seconds

14.15.16.17 no clue

I don’t know if you’re playing it wrongly… but… it takes only ONE bladestorm to destroy Tempest. I’m not just talking about my own Tempest when I test my base. I’m talking about any Tempest Towers that any top 10 players have.

Special war boost shouldn’t be taken into account for balancing purposes, as it happens once in a blue moon. It should be the other way round, once things are balanced, then any special war boost should be adjusted to accommodate the balanced stats.

I’m not going to engage in an intellectual discussion with you on the topic since you begin your reply with an insult generalizing top players.

However, FTB did ask for King’s level and trophy range. What you CAN do, is reply to FTB accordingly with constructive opinions instead of personal attacks.

i have a feeling that u dont use blade storm.lighting towers  r support towers not front line attack lyk skull or firebolt.i use blade storm in all my combos,i am the one who suggested nerfing it against barricades nd blocks wen flare increased its range to 6.7

Trust me wen i say this,1 BS kills 1 or max 2 LT that too wen both spell nd tower is maxed nd forged.

also a well placed healtower for LT is very effective,if u don’t believe me ill give a players name who has placed it.it takes exactly 3 BS to take down a LT that is being healed by heal tower

if you have play other game than RR2 probably you should have understand my feeling about this kind of topic. Sorry its a fact. Many games have die because of too much unbalance the majority of time create by worst demand like this. If you have play a lot of MMORPG in your life you should have understand what you do is far to be correct

If you read carefully all my post its a long time I have write it level 1 to level 90 the game is broken for a long time since 3.0.0. This kind of demand will not help low,medium and high range. Will punish them even more. Offense is already OP no need to be OP even more. Defense need to be improve. So for me forget all buff of spells and forget the buff of range for the Towers. This will not help the game. Defense need something else. Like i have suggest a new powerful tower after Bomb Tower. Like a Flame tower or something more powerful than Arrow Tower,Frost Tower and Bomb Tower will help low and medium to defend themselve

If you don’t believe me. Just take 2 week of your time and recreate a account from level 1 until level 90. you will see what I am talking about. Until you will stay with your account at level 130. You have no clue what going below

because everyone here are all level 130. I am the only one to have restart from beginning. So I am the only here in low level. SO I take time to explain the situation

PS : just bad I don’t have upload my video of my 2nd series. I will have show you at which point in low and medium range the game is broken. Sadly I don’t have upload my video on my Youtube Channel. You need to wait to see them

Hi karthik, my king level is 114 and i can still destroy my max tempest with 4k health forge in one shot of bladestorm. As Lacuna pointed u just need to stay still there. 

with all due respect my frnd,i have come up from lvl 1 to 100+ twice

I also understand that ur a mid lvl player nd frankly i dont knw the meta for mid nd low lvl players currently.

having said that i am at 4.5k trophies,nd at this point defence is more powerful than offence.only few spells nd combo r relevant.

also plz don’t mistake us,v r suggesting changes for high lvl gameplay meaning wen the spell,units,pals or towers r maxed level nd forged to almost completion.

Offcours during low nd mid lvl plays the mentioned changes won’t come into play since it won’t b leveled up nd forged