Conquest - Wrong defense modifiers on Ruin

Me and my team attacked a building WatchTower, which wasn’t yet complete, so let’s call it a “Ruin”.

What was my surprise, when after simulating the calculations…

I checked that although the tower didn’t exist yet, it was considering the values of a level 1 WatchTower!

Fight on Ruin:

Fight_on_Ruin

War stats:

The war stats screenshot showed us that the Watchtower Defense modifier was “Level 0”, but this is a visual issue for sure, because I simulated and it was considering that the WatchTower had already finished…

Evidence:
Expected Result:
43k to Supreme Victory

Actual Result:
33.9k to Supreme Victory (just like the ingame screenshot)

As you can see, it’s taking into consideration a level 1 Watchtower, instead of “0”, since there’s no tower there yet.

So I’d like the devs to give a check to this please.

Device: Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.557
How often? Don’t know, only noticed now but should be always I bet.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

This is no bug, the other team has researched the +20% watchtower defense modifier. So a ruin gets a 1.0+20% = 1.2 modifier.

That Tech should only be applied on a finished Watchtower.

It makes no sense to me using values, when there’s no tower yet.

But of course… I’d like an official confirmation.

Can you please help us out @Archimedes? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @ShadowsGuardian & @thomas239 ,

both of you are right actually.
It works indeed like thomas suggests - the ruin normally has a 1.0 defense modifier, which means it does not impact any of the Supreme Victory and energy cost calculations.

However, once the +20% “Watchtower Defense Modifier” tech has been researched, the ruin will actually gain the bonus, hence the level 0 Watchtower with a 1.2 modifier. This behavior is unintended and will be fixed in a future version.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Cheers,
Ogerle

3 Likes

Hello Ogerle,

Thanks’ for the answer. However, before you fix this behavior, please consider that it is a good addition to conquest. It was the first time that I’ve seen this tech in conquest, I don’t know if it was available in previous conquests. But I think it gives a nice twist to the strategy, and it is easy to check for this factor before attacking, so it is no surprise to the attacker. Imho, there is no need to remove the bonus factor for a level 0 watch tower (aka “watchtower ruin”).

1 Like

Hey there Ogerle,

Thanks for the help!

Keep up the good work :+1: