I hear you’re about to give us an incredible update. Although I’m disappointed to hear that there will be no Chocolate Stay-Puff Cyclops Monster coming (everybody has been BEGGING for this), I’m eager to see the variety of gameplay unleashing. I was also hoping to see a new spell that permanently freezes Edward the 7th’s base because he’s SO annoying (but handsome!), but I can see why that would be unfair.
Here are some things that might help to prevent a Royal Revolt on your headquarters in Germany the day the update rolls out:
- Leave MUCH fewer things to chance. It stinks to drop 4000 pearls and get NOTHING out of it. At least give smaller upgrades per fail, even if just a tenth of what you’re trying to get normally (like 0.1% skull perk upgrade should give 0.01% increase per fail). If we can upgrade spells, don’t make it about chance. Just make it about whether we have saved enough gold/gems/pearls.
- Don’t add more pay-to-win elements. P2W is already part of war skulls, skull perks, scrolling, gems for Alliance Tower and Smithy, my king’s haircut… and so forth. Let’s cap the P2W elements and just build a fun game from here on out.
- Focus on variety of gameplay. If there’s anything that will drive me from this game, it will be redundancy and just making the game harder for no reason. There shouldn’t be 10,000 L-shaped bases with pretty much the same tower placement. Whatever it takes to remove this BORING aspect should be done. You seem to be hinting at this in the preview videos, and the dungeons look awesome, so go for it all around! And don’t give stronger war boosts that replace our earned war boosts. That’s not right, because it removes the incentive to win: give us creative boosts! Make our kings dizzy from wacky bases that are fun and not just hard.
- Make more troops useful. It’s weird to fight the same 5 troops/monsters during EVERY raid. Mortar, paladin, and mummy are currently endangered species. And pryo is just awkward on defense.
- Don’t frustrate your players. Don’t do anything that seems to act only in the best interest of your company. It sucks to read chat board after chat board in so many alliances that repeat how greedy the game developers are. It’s such a downer. Blacksmith has been hugely frustrating. CoF crashes have been hugely frustrating. Overpowered defensive elements like Accursed Tower and Stargazer make people suspicious that these things have only been added to make us cough up gems. The way special packages come and go does the same thing, too. A good game makes the developers all but DISAPPEAR. We shouldn’t be thinking about you while we play. We should only be focused on having fun. That’s why we play games, right?
Thanks for continuing to develop the game. I can’t wait for that cyclops. Hope to see him on the battlefied soon.
Hugs and kisses,