Uh, so recently I have encountered a few very surprisingly deadly gate defenders in the game…
In particular, a player’s Perseus defender which I “met” with several different of my own heroes did consistently kill my heroes from full health within 1-3 seconds which seems a bit off given the fact that player is on a similar level to myself.
We already talked about it before, when my Prometheus with 154k health died twice to that Perseus defender within a few seconds, and today I attacked that player once again, this time with my 234k health Odysseus who also died in 2-3 seconds to the defender and nearly died again (gate died quicker, luckily).
That Perseus defender does have a damage reflection perk, which could (partially) explain the fast deaths of Prometheus before (assuming all the reflected damage from Prometheus’ melee attack + Porphyros spell hit my Prometheus), but still it just felt way too quick.
Now this time, with Odysseus, I paid attention to the circumstances and also got the stat values for that player’s Perseus, and it just looks way too quick of a death to make sense.
- No spell was fired at the defender.
- My Odysseus didn’t attack the defender (he attacked the castle gate only).
- The Perseus defender was right next to Odysseys and the gate, in a corner, far away from most of my troops.
- The troops I had were Archers, Spearmen, Trebuchets. One spearman (1850 damage) attacked the Perseus defender who was at nearly-full health, i.e. the spearman’s special high-damage ability could not be used. Three or four of my archers (1630 damage each) fired at Perseus, the rest (not that I had that many either way) fired at the gate. All trebuchets fired at the gate (even if one of them should have hit Perseus, the damage of my trebs is 604, not that much) as far as I have seen.
- My Odysseus died from full health (234k health, 0% physical resistance) in about 2-3 seconds with no hostile troops around and the Perseus defender attacking my Odysseus.
- The Perseus defender stats include: 8218 damage, 9023 area damage, 15% damage reflection, 1% destruction chance, and his Medusa spell is lvl 19 with 1177 damage and 310% damage multiplier. The Perseus defender also had 26% physical, 22% fire, 29% ice and 23% lightning resistance.
- The base had a chaos gate, but at a low level. Gate lvl 11, 2254 damage.
If I just ignore the Perseus’ damage resistances and just take the full incoming damage values from 1 spear, 4 archers, 1 treb as base for the damage reflection effect, I get (1850 + 4 *1630 + 604) * 0.15 = 8974 * 0.15 = 1346 reflected damage (per second). Adding 2254 damage from the gate to that yields exactly 3.6k damage. Now, I am not sure how the regular/area damage thing works, but even assuming a full melee damage of 8218 plus a full area damage of 9023 and adding that up, yields a total of 20841 damage… or 64607 damage with the full medusa spell damage multiplier… that yields and expected lifetime of about 3.6 seconds for my poor Odysseus… and that kinda even fits then, roughly… damn