Discussion for refining uniques

offtopic: do you know how to adopt screenshots on an ipad to a smaller size or resize? they way i do it now when i want to post a screenshot from the game is the following: take a screen, send it to my pc, open and use „snipping tool“ to post it… (sadly takes some time and a change of place also for me)

i try to find combinations that fit together and are easier to find and to reuse. ofc that means i cannot combine rare or cursed perks only. :man_shrugging: at least not on every item. idk if it is a good strategy but it is one at least. :sweat_smile:

You can crop it, through the photo app on iphone/ipad. Its really easy, try to find it in options. It used to allow me to post pictures here, which had to be small in size. Now the restriction is 5mp which doesnt matter if you crop it or not, so I cant post anything. Even my other phone has a better camera, its impossible.

1 Like

One question for you beasts @dumpster @Archimides @Philstar

Let’s say I have a atk spd LOH ring and a frostbite weapon which I’ll dismantle to add to the ring.
My goal is to have a 3 perk silver as good as possible.
I max forged the fb weapon, should I max forge the ring too, before adding the frostbite? Or does it only matter max forging after I refine to silver?

The best way (depending on your level and how fast you want to level up) is to use 5* titan items for every piece of gear that will go into the ring, so even for the perks you will add, definitely use max items to build it up. The item below I added CD, which I found in green at max lvl. I could make higher stat ones now, but was needing something to do the job. But this ring used 4x 5* titan items for the base ring, then 4* titan items for the added perk (cd), then 4x 5* titan items to bring it to 5* silver. So by making gold you’ll need another 8x 5* titan items. This is why levelling up ever again may never be an option unless we can ‘lock in’ the stats of 5* gold items.

2 Likes

as a remark: for uniques - and that was the discussion about when it started - this max. forge is not needed.
for uniques you can either raise the desired perks with old outdatet perks in the cheapest way possible and you will get the same results. even for the added perks. as far as i understood it.

holy moly - your athena items equipped is awesome >_<

1 Like

For those guys considering the unique refines at lower lvls, I’d really consider not doing it - as I said in another thread that uniques even gold refined (adding 2 perks) the values are far lower than what you could get with a sloppy gold forge on a normal item- that said I was economising with Athenas uniques as @NaN rightly points out you shouldn’t use good items or anything more than a 1* item when making a gold item for unique refining. But as Athena is the best hero I knew she would do the job with relatively ‘cheap’ in terms of gear refines to both uniques, coupled with 2 good rings. Most stuff is still only 1* silver and will add one more refine.
Incidentally I did remark that unique item stats/pre and post refine are pathetically low compared to normal items…I’ve double refined 6-7 item now at max lvl which sux IF like they say they will improve them. So might want to hold the forging on those until clarification or you’ll have a weaker hero like mine. But hope they do something as all will benefit.

I had the impression that the base stats of the silver ring would always be a flat % of the stats on the bronze ring as both refines I did had exactly 85% of the stats(resistances, atk spd,cd) as a green item
I asked this question because I just max forged a fb weapon to bronze 5 and added to the ring, but I didn’t max forge the ring as I thought it wouldn’t matter, but the loh and atk spd as a green 1* seemed oddly low. Maybe I should’ve used more 4* to forge it.
Won’t be using for too long tho as I’m speed levelling to 122 for a long halt

I didn’t calculate exactly when I was doing the refines, but I think you are correct that it takes a % off when reducing back to green. I genuinely felt that several refines that I’ve done in the past mixed the values between the perks on a ring, as some came out way higher than others that started of similar values, maybe was my imagination, but one ring I got pretty much max fire res on a gold refined ring as a 4th perk (rings have 4 perks) where as the lighting res was about 10%-15% down, and I thought when I was adding the lighting to the fire res ring that both res should normalise to approx the same values during the refine process but the fire seemed to get a bigger boost (or lose less as in this case).
Again I could trawl through thousands of screen shots and run the math, but would take ages to find the relevant pics. Was a distinct feeling on a few items I did, that the math during refine isn’t exact, but possibly I’ll get proven wrong.