Dismantle standard items to provide forge material

So with so much forging and refining needed for most heroes now I frequently find myself quite low on purple and gold items, so what if we could dismantle a standard titan item (as the ones we find for high lvl players are considered useless for use) in to 5 x 1* gold items costing either a reasonable amount of gold or wisdom.
Dismantle a single gold item into 5 x 1* purple items again as above, etc.

I’d still also like to find multi-star gears in the chests at the end of battle, it’s overdue IMO. Again we need a lot of all types of gear for forging and how cool would it be to find a 4* purple item or whatever in a chest after battle. Maybe gaining that 100% could allow multi-star gear finds?

The odds of getting purple items in the blue item chests (25 gems) are pretty high, can you can forge purples from the remaining blue items. That’s what I do. The blue chests are actually very economical.

2 Likes

yes, purple items are a bottleneck.
and an interesting idea.
another thing: maybe like the green chests where you can buy 10 with gold before you have to use 10gems there could be such a counter for 5 blue, 3 purple and 1 gold chest that can be bought with gold before it comes to gems? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think the item scarcity is by design.

1 Like

I like the idea !!!

Generally we don’t refine or forge RED items much, due to high cost forging/refining and are obsolete once finished. So quantity of unused items are in this order Red>Gold>Purple>Blue>Green.

So if we can dismantle 1* Red and get 4x 1* Gold and similarly Gold to purple & purple to blue, then we can effectively use all the items.

@dumpster … Actually blue & purple are more scarce than gold & red. Many ppl buy greens and make them blue & purple and to gold & red. So only items sitting idle & of no use is gold & red.

3 Likes

yes and it is ok for me (i was just dreaming above). sadly the scarcity can be solved by using gems, but thats the way it is.

1 Like

If you have too many titans you’re not forging enough. Gold too. I also don’t find blue to be scarce. Purple, yes, especially on weeks with no war, but there are workarounds.

2 Likes

I am always looking for titan items as my titan item stocks run short.

1 Like

Right. To the point of the topic, I might situationally “dismantle” golds to make purple ( although I use golds to make Titan items, so I would always prefer to make purples from greens or blues) but I can’t imagine ever wanting to dismantle a Titan to make golds.

Obviously you normally would need titan items after gold items, so if you have no gold items but have 10 titan items, you have to wait to gain those golds; that’s where a mechanism like this would be helpful.

1 Like

I don’t know that I’ve ever been in a situation like that, but I get it. I think I’d still rather have the Titan item though. I also tend to try to always keep 2 broken curse chests around to break the “open 2 chests” curse, so I’d just open one of them if I was out of golds.

@Philstar i like the idea, but idk if it can be done technically since i assume the forge process is an irreversible process. (in reality, how can you make e.g. out of 1 vest 5 again… but you can use 1 item to enhance another one by using parts of it or alloy elements or whatever.) in the game idk if they store all the history and items that have been used to „go back in time“. if you just drop 5 new items of the color, then it could happen that you also get items of your actual level or e.g. raw perks which is not intended, i assume.
so even if i voted this, i am sceptical but really a nice thought

1 Like

Its just programming at the end of the day, the system knows what ascension level we are at so for example - you break a titan item at your lvl, and you get 5 random gold items at your current lvl. Maybe throw in a very low % chance to produce a cursed item!

Why the level of the account and not the level of the item? Could t you exploit the system very easily by stockpiling low level Titan items and converting them into current level gold items?

2 Likes

maybe instead of dismateling existing items… what about a third option (beside take or buy) when items drop out of chests that we can choose „split“? ofc before we see the item and perk and values… i was thinking of just an indicator which color the item has and then you can choose to proceed or to split as described above… :thinking:

edit: or… instead of e.g. one 1-star gold you can choose to get one 4-star purple… or just 2 items instead of 4 (or 5?) one 3-star and one 1-star? whatever, ofc i would prefer the 4-star trade >_<
but as dumpster said before: if the bottleneck is by design, they will not grant this.

1 Like

This could lead to the worst exploit ever made in a game :wink:

Even dismantling based on item level is problematic, because item level is affected by forging.

That’s what I meant by “worst exploit” :wink:. I didn’t refer to Phil’s suggestion but yours :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

in addition if we would get 5 items per color reduction, we would get out of 1 titan item 5^4=625 green new item. if in addition the perks on them are rerolled and the values of them correspond to your actual level or even a higher forged item level… wow. ups. you already named it.

I’ve added this idea to our board to be discussed. If we understand correctly, the larger problem for you is the scarcity of Eternal or Godlike items, rather than the excess of Titan Items? We will also discuss this.