Elite boosts for towers/obstacles/troops that don't have elite boosts yet.

There has been some stuff in the game that doesn’t have elite boosts yet. I felt bad that they are left out with no elite boosts. I understand why, but I just don’t want them left out. I have some ideas for elite boosts.

Let’s start with the firebolt tower. Normally, it attacks one unit at a time.

*Firebolt tower elite boost:

Name:Mulitbolt tower

Ability: Can target more then 1 unit, depending on the elite boost level.

Ability2: 25% more health.

Advantage: Can attack a group of units easier.

Advantage2: 5% attack power boost for every unit it’s attacking at one time.

(If multi-targeting) (Yes, the attack power can stack. Unless overpowered.)

Disadvantage: The attack power is split equally between the units.

(If mulit-targeting)

Required level: at least level 3.

Elite boost levels:

Level1: Can target 2 units at one time.

Level2: Can target 3 units at one time.

Level3: Can target 4 units at one time.

(Requires at least Firebolt tower level 6)

Level4: Can target 5 units at one time.

(Requires at least Firebolt tower level 6)

Level5: Can target 6 units at one time.

(Requires at least Firebolt tower level 9)

Level6: Can target 7 units at one time.

(Requires at least Firebolt tower level 9)

How to unlock: You need to be in the top 3 in the alliance war 3 times. Once unlocked, it can be activated at any time. To level up the elite boost, pro-long it.

Now we have the Skull tower. Although powerful enough, I had an interesting idea in mind.

*Skull tower Elite boost:

Name: Charging Skull tower

Ability: 25% more explosion power.

Ability2: 50% bigger explosion radius.

Ability3: 25% Ice resistance instead of being weak against it.

Advantage: Explosion power increase.

Advantage2: Bigger Blast radius.

Advantage3: Very deadly if placed properly.

Disadvantage: The bombs takes 1.5 seconds to blow up, depending on the elite boost level.

(This gives you enough time to kick back the bombs.)

(No, the bombs won’t do anything to this tower.)

Elite boost levels:

Level1: Bombs takes 1.5 seconds to blow up.

Level2: Bombs takes 1.25 seconds to blow up.

(Requires at least level 6 Skull tower.)

Level3: Bombs takes 1 second to blow up.

(Requires at least Skull tower level 9)

How to unlock: Come in the top 2 in the alliance war 5 times. Once unlocked, it can be activated at any time. To level up the elite boost, pro-long it.

Next we have Snake towers. I had a funny idea that might be unusual to find.

*Snake tower Elite boost:

Name: leechVenom tower.

Ability: It uses 2% of the damage it gives to heal itself depending on the level. (Basically stealing health.)

Ability2: 100% Resistance against normal damage.

(This gives protection against the apocalypse scroll and the Armageddon scroll)

Advantage: Stealing health.

Advantage2: Protection against the apocalypse scroll and the Armageddon scroll.

(The two scrolls that is known for seriously damaging bases.)

Advantage3: Most powerful when attacking a group.

(This is dew to health leeching multiple units.)

Disadvantage: Weaker agianst blunt.

Elite boost levels:

Level1: 2% of the damage delt is used to heal itself.

Level2: 3% of the damage delt is used to heal itself.

Level3: 4% of the damage delt is used to heal itself.

(Requires at least level 6 Snake tower.)

Level4: 5% of the damage delt is used to heal itself.

(Requires at least level 6 Snake tower.)

Level5: 6% of the damage delt is used to heal itself.

(Requires at least level 9 Snake tower.)

Level6: 7% of the damage delt is used to heal itself.

(Requires at least level 9 Snake tower.)

How to unlock: Come in first place in the alliance war 10 times. Once unlocked, it can be activated at any time. To upgrade the elite boost, pro-long it.

Let me know what you think about these ideas. I’ll come up with more soon.

-DoubledNebula

Am I crazy or did you just redo my thread? XDhttp://forums.flaregames.com/topic/5887-new-boostselite-firebolt-towerelite-snake-tower/

If you give me an elite skull tower so give me a big spell to destroy it … otherwise it’s impossible raid a player.

If skull towers get an upgrade, then I want to equip a wind boost to my armor!

I was trying to keep the towers balanced to prevent overpowered bases. And about the skull tower Elite boost, it was ment to give players a real reason to avoid it or kick it’s bombs back. Would it be better if the bombs from it would do a little bit of damage to the tower itself or maybe even delay the Explosion?

What do you think about the ideas?

I’ll make another topic for spell ideas.

At the current stage, any kind of boost to the skull tower would be unbalanced (overpowered). 

Have you faced lvl 9 skull towers so far? They are beasts. A single volley of bombs can kill your whole raiding party and damage the king.

Also, it’s weakness to ice is one of the main reasons why the blizzard spell is useful. Take that away, and you greatly devalue this spell. 

Moreover, if you further increase damage and explosion radius of skull towers, they will one-hit-kill nearly any unit (even boosted ones), making it impossible to get through a base with boosted skull towers (you can kick back the skull bombs of regular skull towers, but you never can kick back ALL the bombs, so when 1-2 bombs suffice to kill ANYTHING, it’ll be hell). Also, there already have been bases with 17 max skull towers before the long-range-boosted bomb tower was adopted widely, so just keep in mind, a base can be full of skull towers, it’s not like the doom gate that is only there once in a base. 

Concerning the other two suggestions, they indeed seem to be mostly identical from the idea (with different values for the details) to the ones in Child’s topic linked above… see responses there. 

Though, overally, providing elite boosts for those towers that already now, unboosted, are the most powerful towers in the game, will not be balanced IMHO, and make any other types of towers completely useless. Already now, those top3 towers are used, especially skull towers, together with boosted bomb towers, while arrow, frost, gargoyle towers (maybe the upcoming boost will finally make them a bit more useful) aren’t used by any high lvl players. Also, more boosts = more costs = more pay2win needed to keep them up, even for max-size alliance with maxed donations.