Official topic: New version 5.1 available now // Patch Notes
Royal Revolt 2 Version 5.1.0 is out now! With this version, we are focussing on providing new content, variety and a plethora of new possibilities for everybody (especially those of you who achieved everything already ). Our new features will build and expand upon already existing mechanics, but add thrilling twists in places and ways you wouldn’t expect. So without any further ado, let’s shake things up yet again and dive into the feature overview of RR2’s latest outing:
Fighting battles just got even more exciting! With this new addition to our regular battles, we’re going full vintage as we pull a throwback to Royal Revolt 1. Wreck your enemies’ Obstacles while raiding and, with a little luck, find the most awesome treasures inside them. Hidden Treasures will randomly drop from destroyed obstacles onto the path, waiting for you to pick them up. Find all kinds of resources, Festival Tokens or our new kid in town…
Royal Revolt 2 now introduces an all-new mechanic to expand upon your entire Offense and Defense: Runes are finally here (unlocked at Throne Room Level 6)!
Runes not only offer incredible improvements to a multitude of already existing Stats and Perks, they eventually unlock game-changing new skills and mechanics for Units, Spells and Obstacles.
Boost your Knights with an additional “Fear on Hit”, let your Barricades blow up in a devastating explosion as they’re being destroyed or turn your Werewolves into a true “Leader of the Pack” as they summon a group of wolf cubs onto the battlefield.
The new Rune system provides sheer endless possibilities. And here’s a brief overview on how to use them:
Units, Spells and Obstacles have their own set of Runes, each with effects tailored to their type. Add Runes to your setup in the same way you already know from Pearl Upgrading. Find more Runes of the same type to eventually upgrade them to a higher level and make their effect even stronger. Certain rare Runes reward you with a unique and powerful extra effect if you manage to upgrade them to their highest level. Once unlocked, Runes can be found as Hidden Treasures in regular Battles or can be obtained from Rune Chests. Additionally, your old buddy the Blacksmith joins the fun, as he generates free Runes for you every single day. Simply head over to his building in the Castle Scene and tap the new Rune button to bring up the menu.
Since this brief description only scratches the surface of what is possible with this feature, make sure to check out the F.A.Q. we compiled for you guys here:
In the following months, we will keep enhancing this new feature, as we add awesome new runes for all your favorite Units, Spells, Obstacles and Hero Items. So take this as ‘only the beginning’ and stay tuned!
Hatching straight from the bottomless pits of the Dungeon and totally up to no good:
Make way for Yig, Yog and Yug!
The three scallywags from hell love to wreak havoc as they use their magical expertise to turn your Hero into a beastly Demon with a taste for chaos. Slashing through hordes of enemies with purgatorial wrath (and zombifying them in the process), his newly gained power reaches its pinnacle as he sacrifices his nearby allies to cause one hell of an explosion. A perfect mess - but all in good fun.
Heal Tower Indicator:
Towers which are under the effect of a nearby Heal Tower will now show an indicator in your Defense Management.
Windows users are getting two long-requested improvements with version 5.1.0.:
That’s right, you can finally set all the battle hotkeys to your personal liking. Assign all battle related actions to the keys that match your play style the best.
Increase Cursor Size:
In heated raids, it is easy to lose track of your cursor. You can now increase your cursor’s size and always know where you stand.
Head over to the in-game Options Menu for both new features.
- The first Balancing Update will be affecting the **Castle Gate **, as we’re adding a new Level to it (new max = Level 25). With this new Level +2 new Path tiles will be added, providing new strategic possibilities in terms of Defense Path Layout.
- With our upcoming Force Update this week, we also lowered almost all of the Forging Unlock times (the Levels needed to unlock Pearl Upgrading for Units, Spells, and Obstacles).
- Fixed a bug that caused Ninjas to sometimes get stuck outside of the path
- Fixed a bug that caused the Gargoyle Nest VFX to stay after its destruction
- Fixed a bug that caused the explosion VFX of (Skull) Bombs to go missing in battles
- Fixed a bug that allowed Pals with a healing ability to heal the Hero, while a Guardian is active
- Fixed a bug that caused a disconnect after an illegal movement on the Conquest Map
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Medal and Gold display in the battle loadout to adjust properly as corresponding perks change via Wardrobe switch
- Fixed a bug that caused a wrong stat display of Nidhogg’s fire damage
- Fixed a bug that caused the Advisor Guardian’s Spells to not properly scale with the Hero’s level
- Fixed a bug that allowed Watchtower Build Orders on the Stronghold Tile
- Fixed a bug that that prevented the Vanity Token to properly work on Windows and Facebook
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Nemesis’ Zombie bombs to create enemy zombies
- Fixed a bug that prevented Necromancer range stats to be displayed on its Stat View
- Fixed a bug that caused some VFX to be displayed on a wrong layer
- Fixed a bug that caused a broken Language and Rank information display
Happy raiding and let us know what you think in the feedback topic!
Your Royal Revolt 2 - team