[Feedback Topic] Version 6.0 Availability issue

2 Likes

Any news on the paladin issue? Not possible to just make it reactivatable now?

2 Likes

I guess a server update is required for that. And since that’s related to version 6.0, that’s no option at the moment. What would be worse, Windows users gettimg message to update their game, while there is no update available in store or temporary nobody can activate pro boosted paladins?

As soon as the Windows store whows version 6.0, they will make it possible to enable pro boosts.

What I am interested in, an overview per pro boost in combination with alliance level. So for example, what alliance level is needed to activate pro boosts Level 1-4?

1 Like

That is what i am waiting for too? Alliance level for boost level. What are the factors? Information please

1 Like

To those who are still unaware, Update is now available for MS Store too… Update it soon everyone…

2 Likes

I have now received an update for the Pc Windows 10 platform :blush: Thanks!

Unfortunately, it seems that the update is no longer available for Windows 10 Phone.
That would be a pity, can one of the developers say something about it.

Pics from WP-Store:

1 Like

:warning: Update: Good news! Version 6.0 was successfully released on the Windows platform as well. It can take a few hours before it propagates worldwide and it arrives on the individual Windows platforms.

1 Like

can they say anything else about the Windows 10 Phone mobile platform?
The description is currently for version 6 but download is not possible …

1 Like

16 hours after the “successful” Windows release, Americas region still has version 5.4.0 description in the store both for regular windows 10 and for windows 10 phone.
At least on windows 10 phone, for which the 6.0.0 update is still not happening, it’s not possible to use the old version as there is no way to circumvent the “Download now!” button, so we’re effectively logged out of our accounts. I don’t have a regular windows 10 account, so can’t say whether that updates or not.

Naturally understood that this is not Flare’s fault, but any status update would be appreciated.

1 Like

Nah man did you read news?
Say tnx something still works and they at least trying to do an uodate

1 Like

Microsoft no longer supports Windows Mobile and Windows phone. So you can’t expect any company to get new releases in those stores.

For full Windows 10 version, you could open an elevated command prompt (cmd as administrator) and reset you store by entering wsreset.

Wait for a few minutes till the store is cleaned up. Then retry.

1 Like

As far as I am informed, the Windows 10 Mobile Store will not be closed. App developers may end support for an app at any time, thats true, but then Flaregames should give an Information.

1 Like

Keenflare is not Microsoft. As soon as Microsoft decides that Windows Store on Mobile or phone no longer will be supported, it’s up to users to step over to another platform or not. When not, it’s the decision of the user, but then don’t expect that every future feature/update of an app keeps working.

I am a mobile developer and made software for Compact, Phone and Mobile (Field service industry). My team did switch to Xamarin for a reason(windows UWP, Android and iOS).

For customers it’s pretty hard to buy phones that still work on Windows mobile platforms, since Microsoft no longer supports them. Most ask not for nothing to support Android and iOS phones and this is supported by keenflare as well as Windows UWP (Also Windows 10).

I don’t see any reason why Keenflare should give information about Windows phone store, they did report more than once that it’s up to Microsoft and not their call. A new release can be delayed if you are fortunate, for Microsoft it will not have any priority. When the new release shows up in the Microsoft mobile store, you should consider yourself extremely fortunate.

There is a reason for all of this. Development lifecycle goes on, higher versions of assemblies can be used that no longer support Windows Mobile. As soon as end of life/support is announced, as software company sooner or later you have to make the decision to let that a platform go that’s no longer supported (in this case by supplier Microsoft).

No longer supported means that when newer releases of for example .Net Core are released, they definitely no longer support Windows Mobile in this case. As soon as one assembly or nuget package needs a higher .net Core framework library, (reasons can be bugs solved or whatever), you simply can no longer deploy your application to lower platforms.

Maybe the store will not be closed, but can you guarantee that your software still is compatible with Windows Mobile? I don’t think so.

I still have devices at my office that use Compact Framework (End of life 2010, replaced by Windows phone, which on it’s turn was replaced by Windows Mobile. That was replaced by Windows UWP)

Immediately after Microsoft announced Compact is dead, we were forced to step over to the newer platform. Nobody did expect us to keep supporting Compact Framework. We of course still maintain those releases for customer made changes, but that’s it. Nobody expects that newer versions still work on those devices.

End of life/support means that there are no longer any guarantees. Bug and issues no longer will be fixed. So any end user can keep use that platform on his own risk.

Sure, I agree that keenflare should inform us, when that’s no longer supported by their software, but they already said it’s up to Microsoft.

2 Likes

It wasn’t an attack on you Dena …

I just mean all players will no longer be able to play
… if KeenFlare no longer supports the Android platform low Android 6 should be informed in the same way.

1 Like

I know Jesper. I only wanted to inform that as soon as Microsoft decides to pull out the plug from Windows 10 Mobile store, it’s definitely over.

Sure, I agree that keenflare should announce whenever versions are no longer supported.

1 Like

On my windows phone i searched the game at store , its written there that the game does not support this device. So RR2 is not available anymore on windows phone.

1 Like

Today its in the Windows 10 Phone Store :rr2blacksmiththumbsup: :+1: :heart_eyes:
thanks a lot Flaregames!

@all windows 10 Phone user check for update an version below
(i enlarge the 6.0.1)

1 Like

I think that we should be informed what’s fixed in that 6.0.1 version in Windows.

At least not the invisible item bug. After installing and starting the game, that seems to be the case even more often, as notified by several players I wrote with.

1 Like