I tried it for a while and indeed, in the beginning they try to seduce you by giving 80+ gems a couple of times in a row. That frequency starts to drop heavily after you are used to continue opening CoF with gems.
When you are unfortunate, you need to pay 45 gems every time to get all three chests, the time that you get gems however drops dramatically to around 5% or even lower.
What you can find in third chest?
- Gold -> Most times it is 500k+ in third chest. For 45k I get a gold shield for a day. I can raid many times the gold with these gems
- Vouchers -> I don’t want to tell you how often I got a lousy 12-25 vouchers. 45 gems for 12-25 vouchers is not worth it.
- Pearls -> Sometimes I get only 13 pearls, sometimes 90+ pearls. 13 pearls are definitely not worth it, 90+ pearls might be worth it.
- Gems -> Of course this is worth the gems, but what are the odds to get them? 5-10%?
- Item -> It is a random item, sometimes even an item worth less than 100k. When it’s legendary it could be worth it, otherwhise not.
So for gems and pearls and a small part of items it could be worth it. Unfortunately gold, vouchers and useless items appear more often in third chest. If you hope for gems, in the end you paid more gems then you will receive. Pearls, I don’t know how often they appear in third chest, but is it worth to spend/waste 100+ gems for them?
My conclusion is that it’s definitely not worth it. There is only one winner by spending gems for getting all three rewards and that’s flare.