Hello dear Community,
As many of you have noticed, we Community Managers didn’t care of you well enough lately. We have been reading what you have been posting, but could not find the time to interact with you. We are totally aware that this was pretty bad and we want to sincerely apologize to you.
There are at lot of things always going on at flaregames and our department is going through a lot of changes.
- We are hiring more community managers that should guarantee that this situation never happens again.
- We are preparing a better strategy of how to take care of you.
- We want to be more transparent overall.
We want to make sure that you don’t ever again feel unheard or left alone.
Enough with the Past! Let’s talk future:
- From today on, I will start doing Community Management on the forums.
- What is Community Management? I want to engage and build a healthy community with all of you and act as a communication hub between developer and community. This means I will deliver your issues, activities and mood to the developer every week to make sure they are aware of how the community is doing and update you about what the developer is doing.
- The developers have also joined the forum and will interact with you on gameplay and design ideas in the Suggestions forums. Getting devs to be active on the forums is a very rare thing and it will be amazing to have them around.
- We are close to signing an additional Community Manager to also join the Community!
- I will start doing some events and creating some content (Time to win some Gems!)
- And: It’s time to get to know you guys!
Give me any kind of feedback about the current state of the community.
What needs to be done immediately within the community? Is there anything that you believe isn’t going well that I can take care of?
I will be cleaning some things up in the Forum that I believe aren’t optimal (Bug Forum!) and looking to improve some structures.
I want to build this together Community together with you, so if you don’t like something I’m doing or don’t know why I did it, just ask me and I’ll answer. If I missed your question, gently poke me and I’ll be there. Communication is key!
Looking forward to having a great time with all of you!