I never said I will make 4k gems per month, on which base you conclude that? I mentioned 4k as an example. It also depends on war opponents of course. We recently switched back to dot, since for our lowest players the wars become too hard and we faced 60+ teams as a team with just 50 players.
The current opponents don’t even raid, so that way I not get as many as in previous G&M team. Previous season we face opponents scrolling like crazy. Some of them left 100 gems per raid. Then it adds up pretty fast. It feels like Christmas when that happens.
Vouchers I don’t receive 5k per month, I save them during a long period of time. Also the 1k reward I don’t get every month. So from those 5.6k I already can subtract 2k. But I also wasted a lot of gems for continuing opening cof during season (not any longer).
Defense can’t earn thousands of gems a month? That your defense isn’t generating gems for you, doesn’t mean the defense of other players automatically don’t generate dozens of gems.
Last month I definitely made 4k gems without the contest plus voucher gems. (Lol, I can get 1k gems from dungeons when worker is ready digging.)
May I ask you some questions? Do you have:
- all blacksmith slots unlocked?
- If the answer is no, here is your main problem.
- You can’t create enough pearls to forge your defensive troops plus towers. (Spells I leave out of the discussion)
- You also don’t have enough pearls to forge your skull perks, which give you more chests (an indirect resource of gems).
- Save gems for unlocking them when there is a discount.
- forged your main defensive troops at least 20+ times on all stats?
- If the answer is no,
- your troops are easy to beat.
- Solve that problem,
- a troop surviving a spell can be annoying
- a troop shooting from out of range and doing more damage also makes your defense stronger
- forged defensive structures at least on two stats 15+ times (and preferable working on stat 3)
- When you didn’t forge towers
- max spells will literally tear them apart.
- there is no surprise effect. A tower shooting from out of range will and a tower doing more damage (a snake tower for example) also will surprise you.
- they aren’t very effective.
- Especially now it’s important to max all towers. Mine are either upgrading or maxed. And I have ‘just’ 5 workers.
- Obstacles aren’t really important
- They should stop a raider
- A frost trap (depends on your alliance boosts) can be slowing down a hero and when then suddenly projectiles are flying in, it can be end of raid or army.
- This isn’t really important, your focus should be to kill a raider.
- Good waves?
- all your waves should be morale 40+ at least. Troops follow a hero, towers don’t. So it’s very important to have good waves filled with troops that are well forged.
As a second hint, stay low in trophies. When players find you by matchmaker, only a few will be able to beat your base. Most of them who can’t win, will quit. Your focus is on the players who don’t want to give up, they use gems, since they don’t want to risk losing a lot of trophies.
By having higher skull perk percentage I score easily 4.5k (1302 per raid!) skulls per war. But those skull perks need to be forged and it ain’t cheap in terms of pearls. I spend nowadays 4-5k pearls per cool down period on them. I can afford that, since my main spells plus troops are forged pretty well and don’t need more attention.
Let’s check my attack History.
- A lot of players not using gems failing between 1-9%
- A player using 11 scrolls plus 5 resurrections. giving 97 gems (See added screenshot)
- A player using 8 scrolls and 5 resurrections giving 100 gems (See added screenshot)
- Just a couple of hours ago another player failing and using a resurrection giving 4 gems. So today it’s not a gem getting day.
I would say, not bad what happened yesterday. (left 14M unprotected gold yesterday, that attracts players). Last season a player raided me 4 times and left 100 gems behind every raid. Others also left gems.
Now I don’t get this kind of raids every day. Most times I get a few gems (1-30) per raid, but it depends on raiders and gold left behind. But overall, we get two times gems inside war chests (200+ per season), inside ninja event same story. Plus on daily map we get gems a couple of times. Not that I even check it, but take the daily grey house gem plus the gems for free from tournaments, then your gem income is already attractive.
Like I explained, during more hard war seasons my base is really attacked a lot. And the ones who raid often fail, some don’t accept a loss and start to scroll and resurrect like crazy.
Here the gems on my base from yesterday.