Hydra not attacking the gate

confirmed

When using (blessed) hydra, upon reaching the gate, it appears that only 2 of the hydra are actually ‘spitting’ at the gate causing damage, no matter how many are actually lined up in front of the gate.

This was only pointed out to me today so I did a little testing and it does appear to be happening. I thought at first that maybe it was only a display issue, but I spent a minute at the gate, having pulled the gatekeeper to the side to let the hydra have at it, and the gate health barely moved.

Anyone else noticing this also?

I’m using version 5.0.2 on ipad/iphone and in game name is Skellz.

There was a post about this a while back, which I can’t seem to find right now. But from my memory, I believe what happens is that the first couple Hydras lay their spit on the Gate and then it takes some time for the spit path to fade. No other Hydras will duplicate the attack until the first fades. Once it fades, the Hydras deem it attackable again, but the same ones will attack as they’re the closest. It gives that illusion of a bunch of slackers because they don’t want to spit on the same place. I think @CaptainMorgan was in the original reply about this when it was asked about them attacking towers/barricades? I assume it’s the same issue.

Thanks for the reply. Definitely sounds like a bug then. Hopefully it’s fixed soon! All those poor hydras going to waste.

1 Like

I’ll have a look into this now

1 Like

I agree with @skellz once you have more than 1 hydra occupying roughly the same position, appears that only one is actually spitting venom.

1 Like

I do confirm this, + even worse, for couple of seconds in a row, they do nothing.

Any news? Thanks again for checking

I have reproduced the issue and it has been entered into our bug tracker

6 Likes

Super. Thanks very much!

1 Like