Island Blessings in War

The font size of the blessings make it very hard to read on a phone. On my phone, I can see the island we’re attacking will give us a boost to the hydra unit, though how much the boost is I can’t read on my phone - even with my glasses. That means I need to get onto a PC to read it.

It could be an idea to have an information button you can press so you can see the details in a larger font.

1 Like

The other issue is that it doesn’t show the difficulty of the islands. Also, non-captians can’t inspect islands to see their bonuses and weigh in on recommendations. (perhaps this is by design?)

1 Like

Where does the won blessing appear after the strike has been won? Is there a list somewhere that shows what temporary blessings we have and their duration?

1 Like

Check your Ithacan harbor

1 Like

Ah, I see now. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

which phone are you using when finding it hard to read?

It’s small on an iPhone 6. Not unreadable but if it was any smaller I would have trouble.
The color of the text is good though. Good contrast. If it was red or blue it would be difficult to read.

So I’m guessing only the attacker can gain the island bonus as successful defence did not grant the bonus although it is now removed? It does clearly say ‘win this strike to gain the war enhancement’ so that should be defensively and offensively?

Seems like it which would be a bit disappointing. But could also be that the boosts are actually gained but just not displayed correctly.

2 Likes

The attacking island bonus is displayed correctly; but the defensive ones aren’t, and they hadn’t been fought over earlier. Either the description is wrong, that winning the strike doesn’t grant you the bonus, but winning the island does. If it really is this its disappointing. Good tactical defensive strikes are as much satisfaction and hard to achieve when you come under multiple strikes. Why would we even be able to see our own island bonuses if we can never win them…for me its a bug, or the system is only half done.

2 Likes

Agreed. If It doesn’t work this way it should be changed. Winning buffs on defense would be a great equalizer for a team that gets ganged up on.

5 Likes

Hydra

Samsung S9+ is hard to read even with my glasses on.

I agree - the buff shows when you are fighting for the defence - but it is not awarded when you succeed. This is not what was promised - I think it’s a bug

1 Like

We can confirm that it is incorrect that you do not win War Enhancements when defending. We will fix this today.

2 Likes