This post is regarding the issues that exists in current war system which are as follows:
1) Ganking of sister/friend alliances over other alliances. I am sure by now a lot of alliances have noticed that they were attacked by 1-2 alliances simultaneously due to which they lost the war season. Usually it happens because 1-2 alliances teams up and focus attacks on an alliance to force its members to spend food on 2-3 fronts. This leaves the defending alliance in an unfair situation.
2) I found a lot of threads where people complain about alliances agreeing to attack certain alliance and do not keep their word. This creates frustration for alliances who kept their word and got betrayed afterwards.
3) Match-making putting uneven strength alliances together. A lot of times good alliances (almost all members participate in war) face a high level alliance in war season which is literally impossible to beat just because of their sheer strength. It is obvious a 40 player alliance cannot hope to beat a 50 or more player alliances.
4) It is critical to start a war on time and whichever alliance starts match first has an advantage. Problem with this system is it force generals/leaders to make a decision (during start of war season) of whom to attack without properly analyzing other alliances strength. Also a lot of generals make mistakes and attack wrong tile forcing the alliance to fight on that tile. Also it is important to start a war as soon as the new war ends. For this generals have to be selected from different time zone just to make sure they can start war on time. If their devices or internet don’t work, they cannot declare war on time.
5) If an alliance tiles are in corner near the strongest alliance on map, it is doomed to lose as the stronger alliance will cut its path and stop its advance to other alliances against which it could have managed to win and get 2nd or 3rd position in war season.
6) Loser bonus: After an alliance loses a war at any point during war season, the system detects it as weak and grants it a loser bonus which keeps increasing for every loss. A lot of top alliances have abused this system by losing their first war and then winning all other wars using that loser bonus.
7) Skulls in fortune chamber. I am sure a lot of players (even paid players) have demanded to remove this feature. This feature not only forces grinding alliance members to spend more gems (actual money) for opening the fortune chamber chests but also to pay for extra bread to grind even more. It is plain and clear that almost every member of game does not want this feature in the game and it needs to be removed completely.
8) Grinding vs non-grinding players. A lot of players in the game likes to ensure their victory by grinding while others wants to take it light and play it for fun. Forcing players to grind more for each war or restricting them to certain amount of wars to avoid grinding are not acceptable solutions. Alliances should have a choice to face grinding/non-grinding alliances in order to let them enjoy the game as they like rather than forcing all players to play in similar way.
If you think some of the issues that I have mentioned here should actually exist in war season please let me know. Also if I have missed something, please mention it in the comments. I am working on a ladder system design (which is used in many online games) for war season with the intention to solve these existing issues. Please let me know your thoughts. All meaningful criticisms and feedback are welcome.