Low contrast: White text on yellow background - My eyes are bleeding

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT WE AS HUMANS HOLD DEAR AND SACRED.

Please.

I thought the white text on the green progress bars was impossible to read. But with this latest update, your artists have managed to inflict a truly legendary degree of low-contrast torment and suffering on your customers.

Please try playing the game on a 5" or smaller screen, and then go to the alliance elite boosts interface. And then say with a straight face that it’s humanly possible to read the white text on the light yellow background that shows the current level of each elite boost. :slightly_frowning_face:

Maybe it’s worse on OLED screens. But I suspect it’s bad everywhere. About the only way it could be less legible would be white text on a white background.

P.S. Please don’t share that last bit with the art team and give them any funny ideas. :stuck_out_tongue:

I took a screenshot, and I see now what you tried to do.  There’s a (very fine) black stroke around the numbers.  For that to work, it needs to be a lot thicker stroke.  And I do mean a lot.  As it stands, it looks like the current stroke width is something less than one pixel at 1920x1080.  On my 5" phone screen (at 441 PPI) that ends up being about 50 µm wide – about half the thickness of a human hair.  In other words, basically invisible.

Attached are a few screenshots.  The last one shows the original image scaled down to 1/3 its original size.  On a typical desktop monitor, this shows an approximation of what it looks like on a small, high DPI screen.

P.S. If you fix this, please also fix the white text on the green progress bars, as it’s also really hard to read.

Edited title to be more meaningful and moved topic to suggestions/improvements section for now, as while it may be problematic it’s rather a suggestion for improvements than a bug/glitch/technical problem.