October 2018 Community Questions - answers

Hi there, I sat together with everybody’s favorite cyclops Captain Morgan and here are the answers to your questions from October. :slight_smile: If you have new questions, don’t worry, we will be opening a thread for November! Please put your new questions there. Thanks for your participation and now happy reading!

Question: Will there be new towers, powers, or units introduced in 2018?

Answer: It is unlikely that there will be something new in 2018, but we have several ideas on our list including God.

Question: When will fix the bug with the defenders?

Answer: With the new game version (not server), but we do not have an exact date for that yet.

Question: Are the devs aware that some oddessy bonus’ are already around 50%? What steps will be taken to stop this aspect breaking the game** , as in other similar systems, a measure is applied to keep the gains realistic and give a diminished returns process similar to the forging of defenses in RR2, whereby over 20 forges starts to give half % gai  n  s. **

Answer: We are aware that some bonuses are getting quite high and preventative measures will be implemented in the future. There is already a cap to the number of bonuses people can get, but no one has hit it yet.

Question: Does the different wisdom costs for odyssey islands mean something? Is there a reason why one might be 9,000 and the other 22,000 on the same adventure?

Answer: The price is the distance to the islands and it is a very very rough indicator of strength but this is not something a player can rely on to be sure of attacking weak or strong islands.

Question: Is it possible to assign a difficulty to the opponents that you encounter on the map?

Answer: The level, combined with the trophy amount, the player icon frame and the number of blessings, is the best indicator of an opponent’s potential strength. If they have a high trophy score they are more likely to be even more difficult. Being able to gauge the strength of an opponent is part of the skill of Olympus Rising and hopefully, once we have fixed the problems with the Gatekeeper you will be more able to accurately predict an opponent’s strength.

Question: Why don’t you remove “normal” perks from Cursed items? It would feel good knowing that after breaking the curse, we get a rare perk.

Answer: Originally, cursed items were designed to allow players to have perks in a slot which they would not normally find that perk in. Now that the new forge allows players to choose their own perks we are certainly considering only including unique perks on cursed items. Feedback from other players would be appreciated.

Suggestion: Let me use the repeated to forge with great benefits at least … I do not want to sell them and that’s it!

This a good idea, which we would like to do.

Question: What are the chances(%) to get damage reflection, demolition and area damage perks on cursed items? Is there any difference between types of items, and on which equipment they can be found(shield, sword…)?

Answer: We will get you this information and post it in the forums soon.

Question: Who are the least and most used heroes of the original 10?

Answer: At the beginning of the game, most players stick with Perseus, in mid-game the most used hero is a battle between Ariadne, Odysseus, and Hercules. In the end-game, the most used heroes are Hercules and Perseus, followed by Cadmus and Athena.

Question: Will you add some new unique items soon?  ****?

Answer: We would love to :slight_smile: Of course our first priority would be to add a new set of unique items to Artemis.

Question: Why new players (107 or above) should I say low Ascenion Players are forced to fight high ascension players level 129-131 (old player) that now thanks to new war system has access to all-powerful war blessings all the time (except new three one)

Answer: We will rebalance the difficulty of the islands with the upcoming server update.

Questions: How much damage does the ice effect of an othia tower do? How much damage does the ice effect of a boreas hydra do? Is this in addition to the base poison damage? Is the tail slap poison-branded damage? Does Pandora’s Box ever ignore poison resistance, either on units or towers?

Answer: We will get this information for you and post it in the forums soon.

Question: We were told recently that trophy caps were removed in a recent update, but they appear to only be removed at the very top end for the highest level players. Can the devs talk about how or why this happens (for the stats geeks), and what the plans are for the trophy system going forward? Over the winter we were told that the importance of the trophy system was going to be minimized in the future, but this hasn’t seemed to happen yet. Related question, will there ever be a fame leaderboard?

Answer: Tweaking the trophy system is a very delicate task. We are still working on smoothing out the perceived caps but this is a mix of many many systems coming together which makes it even more delicate.

A fame leaderboard is something we would love to do.

Suggestion: Either make autoplay smart and working great, or remove autoplay curses. It’s not fun, it’s frustrating.

Answer: We will remove autoplay curses with the next live server update.

Question: If you think of the autoplay function - does it still fullfill the purpose why you gave it to us? what were the reason you gave us this gift? do you observe any extensive usage (e.g. from some players dominating the leaderboard) and if so, do you want it that way? do you have internal statistics on how often it is used by players?  

Answer: Autoplay is one of our most used features. If you are strong enough to autoplay very strong opponents that is a skill in itself and takes a lot of planning. Therefore, we like the fact that people often see being able to autoplay as a challenge and believe they should be rewarded as such. It is also nice to allow people to continue making progress without having to be 100% focused on Olympus Rising for hours per day.

Ideas: Stuff to be added: kill x number of monsters, destroy x number of towers, destroy x number of gates etc…may fill those removed tasks.

Answer: These are good ideas, we will discuss them.

Question: Can we get the math behind cursed items? How are they generated (meaning the values of the items themselves, not the chance to have a cursed item appear in a chest)?

Answer: For that question, we will see if we can get you some meaningful data. If yes, we will put it in the forum soon.

Question: Is there any plan to make those refined items usable to a bigger and better extent?

My suggestions:

1) Use them to CLEAR a unique from its perks (just add the option, to the existing process)

2) Use them to upgrade a unique WITHOUT replacing one of the perks (just add the option, to the existing process)

3) Use something on it “to increase its values” to the current level you are.  a) Perhaps use 2 refines between them, the dismantle gets lost, the “upgraded” double refined remains the same with new values. The dismantle item should be indifferent to the result. Sort of like a unique upgrade. b) Use a unique on it for the same purpose as above (I’d love to use those double/triple uniques)

There will be a time, when *everyone* will have all uniques (at least the ones he/she wants),  and then he will always gets double, or just plainly those he don’t like again. If you don’t use different setups, with different refined unique items, there is no purpose for a second one. That’s bound to happen at some stage for most players, so “cursing” them won’t do you any good if you have what you need… it’s a pitty to sell or destroy a unique…

Answer: All of your suggestions are viable and make sense and we see the frustration and the problem you are having. We will certainly discuss ways to improve the item’s lifespan.

Question: Is it planned to add new territory with new islands and new creatures to find?

Answer: There are plans to add a new creature but we cannot yet give a date for this. If we add a new creature we will add new challenge islands to unlock it.

Question: Which parameters are used to determine opponents on regular islands (matchmaking)? it is obvious that the number of trophies, the player level and the alliance you are in is used… what else?

Answer: We can confirm that there are restrictions on who can be matchmade. You will never receive someone from your alliance on your islands. The rule of thumb is if you can test their defense they will not appear on your island.

Question: What kind of actions do you have or are you planning to prevent account sharing? (what is the purpose of this?) I assume to be able to auto farm resources and trophies (pheme) and I assume it is easier to find someone who does this for you if this person can use autoplay - if so maybe this function should be restricted under certain cases… e.g. (no idea how sharing works)

Answer: We have an anti-cheat and anti-fraud system and we regularly ban players. We do investigate players we suspect exploiting the system and if we feel that it is harming the gameplay experience of others we will also ban them.

Thanks for this forum, Madlen, and thanks for the answers Captain Morgan. Very interesting.

EDIT: 

Question: ** Who are the least and most used heroes of the original 10?**

Answer: At the beginning of the game, most players stick with Perseus, in mid-game the most used hero is a battle between Ariadne, Odysseus, and Hercules. In the end-game, the most used heroes are Hercules and Perseus, followed by Cadmus and Athena.

Sounds to me like Helen needs a buff ?

You are really obsessed with that woman, aren’t you Dumpster…???

helen or madlen? ? for both of them you need women… ? (but i assume helen, not your fault madlen ??)

also thx for the answers. sadly not all of them satisfy me, but that is my problem… e.g. if autoplay should have such an focus, then i will adopt my playstyle. i hope the game wont turn into a better “simpsons-game”. i always find it kind of boring not to play manually, but ok - getting a mug of coffee and fetch the newspaper in the morning while the game is doing the job for you… ok, its also a good start ?. but i admit this is not always the case, but i will give it a try now. let’s see how long this will last for me and how it goes when the new levels arive.

@Madlen you did not answer the question about random generator and also the question about matchmaking parameters was not good (you just repeated the obvious thing…) but both came in shortly before you closed the session. so will you add/revise them in the october answers, or should i repeat them in november? ? (if you dont want to answer them more precisely, its also ok for me. just name it then so.)

I don’t understand why people don’t use Helen more. She’s very good!

I find this an odd complaint. nobody is forcing you to play a certain way, and if you enjoy playing manual, why would you choose to play a way that’s boring to you? 

I think it’s good that both ways are an option.  manual is more precise, generally more powerful/efficient, and allows a much wider range of hero builds to be successful, auto is faster if you use double speed, allows you to play while doing other things (at your own risk! The computer can make you pay for that) and allows people with a wide range of devices and even disabilities to play the game (imagine trying to play manual with one hand, or with nerve damage, etc…).

hi dumpster,

i don’t think its odd. due to the mentioned reasons its good that there are this two possibilities. i just thought that they are / should be even: playing manual you are able to break through more defenses because you can time powers better, risk more, and so on. but you need to be focused and you can not play with a speed up. what i observe right now (or over a period of time) that the game is in favor of the other playstyle. autoplay with the right hero/equipment lets you farm both resources and trophies nearly without a risk any oponent (except gk). and in addition if you are bored/clever you can do this on more than one device.

so i asked if maybe autoplay (maybe in combination with strange items) needs to be looked at. FG says, all is ok - so i assume maybe the playstyle i am used to (and was the only playstyle when i started the game) is not the best in endgame, when everything seems to be about forge/gear/farming. i don’t think i complained by telling FG that they should change - i was asking question and maybe i have to change my style. that’s all. that i am not satisfied by that is no complain - and by that i also meant the other two answers also (or better no answers).

You can’t play the same account on 2 devices at the same time. If you’re playing on your phone and log in on your PC, it kicks you off your phone, even if you’re in the middle of a battle. 

The biggest issue right now is that the game is too easy, so autoplay is a viable option against even difficult defenses. Hopefully the new update fixes this. It’s not an autoplay problem, the problem is everything else in the game. 

Hi, this is a great thread and good to see you asking for feedback. Here are my thoughts on the above question.

I agree with your approach, but do consider to allow “positioned perks” also in the cursed items, and not only the special ones. And I mean for example CD on a weapon (not currently available afaik) or LOH on shield/boots. Having a single perk, which is a vital part of someones strategy, is very good for the tactics of the game. If I cant have petrify/stun on shield *alone* for my strategy, then everyone ends up with exactly same result. Full of CD/stun/potency and damage as the trend now… with a million combinations for full refined items for every player that refines. And all heroes will basically have the same setups… which btw means neglecting resistance for CD, which I think is not so normal…

In your answer, you have not included the main powers as perks. You said special, which in my mind, are demo/AD//DR/frost/potency. Its nice to have damage/leadership/health as added perks. Though you havent made it clear if that was planned or not, if it will be fixed or not (like the shield with physical as perk - is that the only non-planned refining effect? What about damage and damage perk on same item?)

Thanks

Hi NaN, " then so". :grinning:

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, the promised guide information will be delayed a bit because of sicknesses within the team. I will post them asap.

?
?
?
?

This will be a bad step! Auto play help us a lots, we are working in the real life we still playing this game because some friends and to have some fun but if you gonna remove the auto play button, I think this will make more people leave the game, So think carefully before make this step!

BTW many players from our alliance stop playing the game ( because of the 2 week off - During the war ).

This game is great but if keep take too much time for new update and take always the good thing such as ( forge, 2 weeks between the war and last thing remove auto play button!)  

This message from many active players.
Good luck.

Don’t worry! They’re not talking about removing auto play! They’re removing the curses that require you to win a battle on autoplay. ?

My mistake and even that’s not good and they have to be more active and give some updates, Day after day the game become boring.

New update next week!

Hi there,

The answers to some questions were still missing:

Question: What are the chances(%) to get damage reflection, demolition and area damage perks on cursed items? Is there any difference between types of items, and on which equipment they can be found(shield, sword…)?

Answer: Cursed items will either have a perk that is “normal” for their slot or one that is unusual. The chances are roughly 50/50. The unusual perk is either a normal perk which you can normally not get on this type of item or a perk which you can only get on unique (or cursed) items, such as Reflection, Demolition and Area Damage. As with normal items, the perks you can get depend on the type (or slot) of the item. For example, you can only get Reflection on body armor, shields and trinkets, whereas Demolition and Area Damage can be found on gloves, weapons and trinkets.

Can we get the math behind cursed items? How are they generated (meaning the values of the items themselves, not the chance to have a cursed item appear in a chest)?

Answer: When you find a cursed item, its level is usually at least as high as the level of a very good normal item and sometimes even higher (+1). If the cursed item has one of the “unique” perks on it, then this perk’s value is halved (compared to the same perk on a proper Unique item).

Questions: How much damage does the ice effect of an othia tower do? How much damage does the ice effect of a boreas hydra do? Is this in addition to the base poison damage? Is the tail slap poison-branded damage? Does Pandora’s Box ever ignore poison resistance, either on units or towers?

The elemental damage caused by all the Blessings is always added to the normal damage of the unit or tower. The percentage stated on the Blessing tells you how much elemental damage is added, relative to the thing’s base damage. For example, a level 25 Artemis Tower deals 10290 physical damage with every shot (5350 damage per second). The max level Blessing adds 3087 ice damage (1605 damage per second) on top of that, which is 30% of the original damage. The Hydra’s tail attack deals no additional ice damage though.