I think in light of recent events, its important to take a step back and remind ourselves of a few things. This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, only those who visit and post in the forum, myself included. I hope we can all agree with these.
- No one here is the speaker for the community. No one’s opinion represents that of the entire community. We speak for ourselves only.
- Though we’re not important as individuals, we are important collectively, as we are a good indicator of what the RR2 community thinks as a whole. When a player has a suggestion or a feature request or wants to report a bug, this is what they see. We should collectively ensure that these players are not turned away due to toxicity, anger, etc. And when/if Flare wants to gauge reactions of a change or whatever, they look to the forum.
- We should be welcoming to any new community member, whether they are a player, a Flare employee, Susan’s cats (or Susan herself), etc etc. And we should be respectful to all other community members, whoever they are.
- As much as we all love being here, its just a game. Chill out, take a break if you need to. Spend time with family. We’ll be here when you want to jump back in.
- As far as forum etiquette goes, try to be constructive. Try to give reasons why you like or don’t like a suggestion. It’s a lot more useful to Flare and is more persuasive to those less warm to your opinions.
- Finally, Flare isn’t obligated to have a forum where we can voice opinions never mind respond to our posts. I am confident they read most if not all of everything here; Flare’s community managers have said that they do in the past, even if they don’t respond to the posts they read. That being said (and this is my opinion but others have agreed in the past), I would appreciate if Flare could interact with us a bit more often. Maybe give some thoughts on suggestions, timelines for when something might be done, things like that. I.E. some suggestions seem like simple fixes but may not be. We don’t know, but I believe most of us dislike being kept in the dark.
I know this isn’t really a suggestion for flare except the last bullet but I ask that the mods not move this, since some of us here may not frequent other areas of the forum.
Thanks to Flare for allowing us to have these discussions and for taking our opinions. Even if many aren’t implemented, it’s appreciated that you are actively listening to us.
Stay awesome people and have yourselves a fantastic day!
Edit: One other thing, that goes back to the respect bullet. We aren’t privy to other’s experiences. Sometimes, our game communities are all we have. That was me, some time ago; I have no idea where I’d be without the amazing and incredibly supportive communities of the games I played, even though many of them didn’t know how amazing they were. And I was pretty combative at times lol. So even though some posts don’t present themselves the right way, consider that they may come out of a concern for the community and for the game. So in that case, try to point them in a better direction to express their concerns rather than simply dismissing the entire concern as nonsense.