Refining process.

Question on forging/refinement.  I just got a reflection armor(chest) how can I put that reflection on a unique item ? Like do I refine it into something or do I refine something into it so that I guarantee reflection is the perk the unique picks up? I just don’t want to transfer it wrong and end up with any other perk on the unique instead of reflect.

Im also unsure if you can add a perk to a unique unless it’s a gold 5 star.is silver acceptable?

Thanks for the help.

You’ll need to use a base item that has the SAME perk as the unique. Bring the base item to 5* titan bronze.  Bring the damage reflect item to 5* titan bronze.  Dismantle the damage reflect item so that the base item now will have damage reflect.  Bring that to 5* titan silver and then refine with the unique.   Some uniques have difficult perks to find to guarantee the transfer. Like for example Proms bird outfit, you’ll need a base item with speed perk.

Use the best base item you can find for your lvl - and then the base stat of the unique will improve by prob 12% with a decent silver refine. You can add one perk to a unique with a silver 5* titan item , or 2 perks with 5* gold titan.  If you need any specifics, PM me and I can advise if needed. 

I think you answered my questions now I can help others with it thank you very much 

Thanks for the info @Philstar. If possible, can you post the screenshots how to do exactly ??

1 Like

hey phil. [edit: remove this text, as i missunderstood what phild told us… i interpreted base item as base ability. sorry, was confused .i dont think that this is necessary since] the base can never be transferred.
[edit2: and you are talking about unique items… another fault of me…but so what, does not mind the following. but for refining uniques: isnt it better to use fully refined gold items for that as this will save you 1 of the (mostly rare) perks?]

and nowadays (or ever been since original description was a pre-release info) even perks (mostly rare, except shield) can be transferred to item that have this as a base.

excamples:

here LoH will be transferrred

here damage will be transferred

here attack speed will be transferred

here damage will be transferred

i am not sure about dismateling trinkets, but i just asked a question about this in the devs section.

1 Like

Yeah you can transfer a leadership perk to a cape,as long as it is actually a perk you are transferring (the right side stat of a normal item). Same goes for health that’s found in perk form, and damage as a perk like the Helen armour above, could be transferred to a weapon.
As for rings (trinkets) as both stats are perks in theory you could have either being transferred, but I’ve had people tell be its always the left side stat on a ring that gets transferred (but I can’t personally confirm this).

Regarding uniques I’d definitley refine to gold standard, as silver the values just look too low, almost useless IMO.

1 Like

i am not phil, but i can give you some pics and comment what i think that will come out regaring perk transfer:

bad choice: random 2 out of 3 {demolition, LoH, DR}

not transfer, just upgrade to level148

bad choice: random 1 out o 2 {demolition, attack speed}

bad choice: waste of rare perk frostbite since just upgrade to lvl148

sure transfer of attack speed

sure transfer of LoH and damage

bad choice: random 1 out of 2 {damage, attack speed) - CD will not be transferred bc apple already has CD as a perk on it

sure transfer of demolition

sure transfer of frostbite

i made spoilers to be sure that the note is not mixed up…
if i am wrong, please correct me. if anyone can give more infos e.g. about how to use refined trinkets proper when refining uniques, would be great (i will not do this until there is a sure way. unlucky i refined some trinkets to early so that they are useless now since their perks cannot be transferred for sure)

edit: in addition - the values of the item to be dismantled on a unique do not matter as far as i know, but the perks on the unique (compared to other double uniques) are NOT the same. there are quality differences on perks when it comes to uniques, but the base ability always gets the same value. (i hope it is clear what i mean here…)

1 Like