RR2 needs a cancel button

Background

“In most societies, the death of one of the partners terminates the marriage.  A marriage may also be terminated through divorce. Countries that have relatively recently legalized divorce are Italy (1970), Portugal (1975), Brazil (1977), Spain (1981), Argentina (1987), Paraguay (1991), Colombia (1991), Ireland (1996), Chile (2004) and Malta (2011). As of 2012, the Philippines and the Vatican City are the only jurisdictions which do not allow divorce. (this is currently under discussion in Philippines).”  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage#Divorce_and_annulment

What is the point?

The point I am trying to make is that once you are married, there is no escape. The only escape from marriage is when you get a divorce, but as you can see this option only became available in the last 50 years. Even marriage has a “cancel” button. This cancel button only became available during technical information age.

What has this to do with Royal Revolt?

In Royal Revolt, once you commit on an upgrade, you have to stay in line and wait, or pay “big” money in terms of gems to get out of it - there is no “cancel” button!. This critical flaw in the game does not bother us, because it started as a 2 min wait, and gradually increases. To get past this time initially cost only 1 gem, but it gradually increases. This flawed system hit me big time in the past: An hour before the announcement of the previous alliance party event I committed to upgrade my alliance tower at the cost of 8000 gems and 5days waiting. One day later the same thing would cost me 6400 gems and only 6 hours. What can I do? Nothing! (I can pay an extra 3000 gems to get to the end of the line - but that does not help). I have no choice but to stay in the upgrade line to be miserable (like in a failing marriage)!

The only thing I ask for:

I ask that a “cancel” button be added to all upgrades. When the cancel button is pressed, all the time spend on the upgrade is lost, but the worker is available to start on something new. THIS OPTION IS CRITICAL in the end game where upgrades of one building can take more than a week. 

Other reasons for this enhancement:

1. I do not like the “gambling” theme and “pay to win” theme that is in Royal Revolt2. This game is advertised as being free. At least with these things there is a choice. The problem is that when you commit on a week upgrade and the game environment changes (as is the rule now), your only choices are wait and miss the opportunity, or pay to get out of the line. I do not think this is fair or ethical.

2. We no longer live in the dark ages. We should not feel like cattle being led to the slaughterhouse or like a person in the wrong marriage and the only option available is death. 

3. There is a very big frustration in the end game - it is this waiting for everything to finish. This situation had turned the game into a full-time work. This “cancel” option will not fix this, but it will make it more manageable!

4. This option is already implemented in the attack part of game, I can “pause” and I can “retreat”. Why was it left out of the building part of the game?

(After posting, I realised that the content will offend some people. I have remove the offending text)

Haha you’re not the first who’s asked for a cancel button!

Hopefully flare will listen this time but who knows

I see this is a repeat of what Maerique asked for in January.  :slight_smile:

It’s funny how you can cancel a potential item meltdown for pearls but not other upgrades, would be a great thing to have the option at least.

They will probably still make it cost gems even to cancel though :grinning:

why cost gems? We would just lose all the gold we invested in the upgraded. All of my upgrades are 4m+ now so if we get a cancel button just don’t compensate back the gold like the blacksmith does. I don’t like the idea of implementing gems to cancel a upgrade. Wont it be same as finishing the upgrade? Well just a little bit cheaper of course.

I agree, cancel should not cost more than half the gold.  :slight_smile: