I am getting sick and tired of the skull reward. I don’t see any fun in opening the first chest after a war raid. Too many times it’s a failure and I feel it’s just a feature to get players waste gems.
Say we are no champion and have 10 raids with no skull perk and 2% bonus plus our team faces a 60 player alliance.
- In total we can score 3 times max skulls -> (1015*3) plus 2% per war raid. ==> 3248 skulls
- When we add the skull rewards in chest to it, we can get 3*100 + 3*99 + 3*98 + 1*97 ==> 988 skulls
- Do we take the sum, then we can get 3248 + 988 = 4236 skulls in total
- 988/4236*100% => 23% of skulls can be earned extra by skull reward. That’s what I don’t consider a luck factor, it influences the outcome of close wars
- A failure of one chest stands for approximately 2.3% under this circumstances
- Do we exchange the 2% extra by 10%, then a failure has less impact, it’s close to 2% per failure that you miss.
Even with 10% skull bonus reward the skull rewards determine 20% of the total skulls that can be earned. That’s what I don’t call adding a luck factor to it, a luck factor has a minor impact of max 5% of the outcome of the result. And continueing to open chests with gems has nothing to do with luck and skills. If you truely wanted to introduce a luck factor, then we should have no option to continue opening chests.
Sometimes we are fortunate to open 80%+ of those chests correctly to get skull rewards, but there are days that we are that ‘fortunate’ that we even get only 0-3 chests correct. My lucky strike is 8 attempts in a row incorrect, talking about luck. As a leader I tell my team that it’s not required to continue opening chests for getting the skull reward. I don’t expect them to waste gems for getting that skull reward. My team plays for fun and I want to keep it that way. To be honest this skull reward is a psychological matter. After first failure, you just think, well… better luck next time, but when you are on a losing streak you feel worse after every next failure and there is more frustration and certainly no fun with this skull reward.
And that’s exactly what flare is counting on, that you feel the urge to continue opening the chests to get that skull reward. And when you do so, you will see that first time that you actually spend gems, you even get lucky and get gems as reward to encourage you to use gems more often. When you are used to use gems to go on and go for the skull rewards, you will find out that it’s not only the first attempt is failing, nope, more and more often second and even third attempt is incorrect to force players to spend 45 gems for just a lousy 100 skulls max. For 45 gems you can get a gold shield for a day instead!
I definitely have enough of this skull reward and want it to be removed. for that reason I started this poll. What do other players think?