Dear members of the forum,
It has been more than a year now since Flaregames has made their latest modifications to their skull bonus algorithm for war season.
Truth is, these changes never succeeded at encouraging fair play and alliances are exploiting its shortcomings (in combination with fiefdom system) more than ever. War season is no longer a show of true strength and still there are situations on maps where a superior alliance can’t even protect themselves, let alone competing for a title. It has become the regular to see a 120 fief mega-alliance attack one with as low as 80, only to help them come up with a higher LB and kill a rival.
You no longer see alliances fighting on the war map, because all there is to the current war system is the art of whispering in the dark. People keep plotting, and forming extended alliances to control how anything on the map happens! No more fighting, Long live plotting. This has been hurting real fighters for long now, it discourages use of gems and decreases game’s revenue and professionally speaking, it seems Ugly!
Let’s continue here with reviewing some of the facts about the current skull bonus system. One can argue that skull bonus system was originally put in place with mainly 3 goals:
- To encourage war participation
- To give weaker alliances a chance to protect themselves
- To act as a tie-breaker when 2 alliances are nearly as strong
Although the aforementioned modifications have been partially able to meet these goals, they also discourage any intention of winning wars as you’d probably lose more than what you get, merely if you decide to win the season (where’s the fun in that?).
On the other hand, latest changes also fail to give strong alliances a way to protect themselves on war maps, simply because as soon as a weak alliance gets to its target value of LB after losing for a few times, they suddenly become unstoppable, with stronger alliance having no chance of striking back for the rest of a season. In fact, this is always the case currently as gaining a huge LB is only a matter of secret negotiations.
We at Roaring Lions have been working together, trying to come up with a list of easily implementable fixes for this, as follows here:
- Lost wars against each alliance should be taken into account separately. Let’s say that alliance A has lost 5 wars so far. 2 of which against alliance B. If alliance A decides to attack alliance B, then a multiplier of 2/5 must be included in calculation of their Loser Bonus.
- Different set of modifiers for losing offensives. Losing an offensive shouldn’t be granting losers a considerable LB. On the other hand, losing a defensive must be granting losers a huge LB. Like this, weak alliances won’t sacrifice their presence on the map only to take a fiefdom or two from a title contender by repeatedly attacking them. they will learn to fight for their own sake.
- Current value for LB multipliers can be even slightly increased to the extent needed to help weaker alliances fight back as soon as possible since now with the implementation of these fixes, they’re on their own in winning a title
With these changes implemented, all alliances will be encouraged to climb the fiefdom ladder and be truly strong instead of forming monopolistic extended alliances.
PS: This list of suggestions was originally handed to Madlen and subsequently submitted as a letter to the developers. As per her request, we’re putting up this post here so that all minds can equally contribute to improving it. Of course, this list of suggestions is not supposed to end up in any forthcoming version of the game as it is considered no more than mere user feedback to the esteemed developers.