We’ve had about about a dozen of wars since that feature was implemented, and it seems to bring a lot of excitement within the community. That was expected so that’s cool.
However, I must say that wars are getting a bit dull. Here is what it looks like for me:
- Once I found a rewarding target (high level, reasonably difficult), I just hit the same 2-3 targets in order to maximize VPs. Never let a hero with full fury and you can reach like 50k VP without spending gems if you play at least every 9 hours.
- On the other side, it seems like it is always the same players who get attacked
- 3 enemies islands on the map. One is too far away to be attacked, one is usually stronger and one is weaker. So we result in always attacking the same and always being attacked by the same.
- alliances who have the more players bringing 3 heroes get the best score (see maths here )
It may not be like that all the time, but that’s the typical stuff.
Simple suggestions to make it less boring:
- You can raid the same enemy only once per island (1 successful raid)
- At the beginning of war, islands to be spread randomly (or semi-randomly by clusters)
- Some bigger islands to be worth more than others (strategy gets more advanced than attacking the weakest)
- VP in chests to be always found in the 3rd chest (if you raid 100% you get extra VP, if you raid 99%, you have to spend gems to open the VP chest)
- Score of defense performance to be recorded: who is getting attacked most, successfully or not - defense performance is as important as attack performance
- At the moment, in case of a tie, both alliances get the war blessings. In such a case, the blessings should go to the alliance that has accumulated the most VP in war.
- 3rd hero thing must be re-thought. It should give you an advantage. Not secure you with an easy win.
- Beating hard defenses should be rewarding. If a player’s defense has great score at first battle, raiding his defense would give a 20% VP bonus at second battle. On the opposite, if everyone attacks the same easy defense at first battle, at second battle it gives a -20% less VP…
- Ambrosia has no effect in war. Resurrecting in war should be either prohibited (my preference) or to be paid with gems (FG’s preference :D)
If wars are challenging, players would spend more gems in invocations. You’ve listened some of our suggestions in the past. Please listen to those ones too. :thanks: