Tainted Love not rewarded

Hi Flare, 

The Tainted Love boost isn’t rewarded while we have won more then 40k. Is there something going on? 

Hi Flare, 

FYI, the boost was activated but it got deactivated straightaway. 

Hi MasMiikael,

Sorry to hear that. Please open a ticket to the customer support: https://flaregames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you!

So this means you are not aware of it? Anyways, i have created a ticket. Can you please pick this up asap? 

Moved this to the bugs section.

Any updates on this issue? 4 hours later and still no response on my ticket. 

5 hrs later and we still haven’t heard anything. My alliance keep on asking why we haven’t got the Tainted Love. I can live with your policy to create a ticket for your support desk but I absolutely disagree with your automated reply in which you say you will respond to my ticket at least 24 hrs later. At least 24 hours!!  So this means that we will possibly have Tainted Love 24 hours less then we initially should have. A lot of time and energy is spent to win this level 4 boost!! 

I hope for your understanding Madlen!!

I am a member of LAST BREAD FIGHTERS and am disgusted  that we are missing out on a reward that we have paid for once again. We all buy pro tickets some with membership and others using gems they have purchased. We achieved level 4 and it was activated but shortly deactivated which in itself is confusing, how did it deactivate?

The pro leagues are a premium product as far as rr2 goes and should be managed accordingly, when a problem like this happens it should be responded to quickly and efficiently. Just saying put a ticket in does not seem enough to me and surely you have a means of communication that would be quicker.

9 hours and we have not heard anything in response.  The way people’s complaints and concerns are dealt with is to be honest insulting. I would like to tag you Madlen so I could get a reply but worry I would be quietly removed from the forums alongside all the other senior  members who have voiced their opinions…

Hi MasMiikael,

I am sorry, but I do not have the ability to speed up tickets or change the order of tickets. I am sorry you have not heard back yet from the Customer Support, yet, I will take this feedback and put it forward. Please allow for 24 hours answering time. I am sure that if the boost was deactivated by a game mistake, Customer Service will activate it again and extend it for the time it was faulty deactivated. 

I apologize that you have had a bad game experience and I understand your frustration about this.

Thank you.

It has already passed the 24 hrs and still no reply from your support desk. I’m really getting frustrated now and so is my alliance. You offer us a pro league and we pay for the tickets to participate so we can win the level 4 boost and we are treated like this?? 

I think this was solved now. I will update the prefix.

@Madlen Again we are experiencing the same issue. I have already raised a new ticket but please ask your team to have this issue permanently fixed.

Hi MasMiikael,

Sorry to hear that. It’s a thing we are looking into, but I can’t share any information about this at this point. But it is defo something we need to look into and fix as this is understandingly annyoing for alliances :slightly_frowning_face: .

thank you!

Thank you Madlen. We already have the boost but I don’t know if this is because you guys fixed it or if it is due to something else. Nevertheless, you should implement a permanent fix to prevent future annoying situations like these.

We had the same thing happen last pro league.  the pro paladin boost was activated almost 24 hours later after submitting a ticket to flare customer support.  

Most frustrating part is that this continues to happen to random alliances after each Pro league. 

Glad it was activated for those missing the boost.

Hi @Madlen,

It’s becoming very annoying now. This time the Mass Hysterias weren’t rewarded while we scored more then 50k points. Please give us our well deserved boost and fix this issue permanently!

Thanks.

Sorry that this problem not only keeps occurring but also keeps occurring for your Alliance. I understand the frustration. The team has it on their to-do list, these are unfortunately all the news I have for now. As you are aware for now you need to write to CS. Thank you.

We have the same problem too, Mass Hysteria activated and expired immediately…

alliance name: GOLDEN KNIGHTS

Sorry to hear that. As I said to Mas please contact Customer Support. Thank you!