OK I thought I’d save my thoughts for a rainy day, but I’m cookin’ on gas so I’m gonna throw it out there…please comment in order to gauge a greater opinion…WARNING TEXT WALL…
So Ajax has been revisited several times by the devs, in an attempt to make him a more useable hero. There have been buffs/nerfs to damage/health/morale, but all have failed to address two fundamental floors. The first being his inability to kill the gatekeeper (GK) statue (99% of players know this is due to only dealing physical damage).
The second fundamental floor is that he has no ‘core’ powers and all 5 powers need to be upgraded separately, which is very time consuming and in detriment to a players progress in early/mid game.
Due to the high probability the Ajax can’t kill the GK, he gets left at home during wars, especially in high leagues. This leads to Ajax not being a commonly played hero and for the most part resigned to being a librarian (collecting wisdom). With his powers being the last to be upgraded.
SOLUTIONS (IN ORDER OF PRIORITY)
1. Shield Slam power SHOULD stun the GK (possibly the nyx tower if in range of the A of D cone) for at least 3 seconds, giving at least a small window to get some damage done to the GK.
2. Devour Strength, SHOULD be renamed ‘Devour life Force’ thus enabling this power to be used on the GK.
3. Charge – this should ignore 100% damage resistance/reflection of the GK, after all he doesn’t bounce off of the GK, he goes right through it. (this is in keeping with Ajax’s combat intelligence and ability to find weak spots in enemies)
4. Whirlwind – Ignore 25% physical damage res/reflection. – Could be modified (maybe in line with exp lvl)
Going back to the history of Ajax, he was rarely favoured by the gods, with the exception of Poseidon. I call for a new passive ability named ‘gift of Poseidon’
‘Gift of Poseidon’ does not affect ANY Ajax powers but affects ALL normal Ajax hits dealing a set % of elemental damage based on the experience lvl of Ajax (lvl20 = 50% elemental damage/ lvl10 = 25% elemental damage) The remainder is normal physical damage whereby perks apply normally.
Elemental damage = (fire/ice/poison/lightning)
How to apply the elemental damage:
1. Could be totally random.
2. Be a cyclical sequential order always being fire –ice-poison-lightning, etc.
3. Before the start of any battle with Ajax while we look at the enemy base and study tower types, GK resistances etc, we could manually choose his elemental damage modifier. (I personally like this one – but slightly more work for the devs I think, but the strategy potential for Ajax would make this very enjoyable.)