The battle of the cowards

congratulations to all the ally forts who instead of fighting each other attack ONLY the small alliances. and congratulations to the fg that still allows a system of battles that favors coward alliances

5 Likes

OR is a war game.
The object of the 3 big teams is to win the league.
The object for the lowest teams is to not be relegated.
War maps are (as far as we know) setup randomly.
The map you talk about had Texas, GoW, Elite and your Gladitori.
Texas and GoW could either give the league victory to CCCP by only fighting each other or make a truce and fight the other way. This was evident for everyone and you could have used this by attacking Texas and you would be sure GoW would also have attacked Texas, and you could have taken free island from Texas.
You decided to go the other way and hit Elite who Gladitori ultimately eliminated from the war by taking their 5đź’€ island many hours before the war ended.
Last round Gladitori have wasted fury on both their island vs GoW (attack 3đź’€ and a defence 1đź’€) points that could have been used defending their defence 2đź’€ vs Texas!?
You call it “the battle of the cowards” I see no cowards on the map but only a small team still able to remain in the league and two big teams still able to win the league.

8 Likes

In a football league, Real Madrid and Barcelona challenge each other, they do not play only against the smallest teams … The TL should win the strongest ally.
strength shows itself fighting with the strongest, not making the giants with the weakest ally
!

1 Like

In 1v1 they will fight each other.

You are complaining because things don’t happen according to your tastes?

Complaining is one thing. Calling others “cowards” is disrespectful. You don’t like it. OK. You don’t understand their reasoning. OK. But I don’t see any reason for such thread to exist.

7 Likes

I would personally choose to attack my rivals, but you have to consider that there are greater things involved in the matches/league. Unfortunately it’s not an analogy to compare with football… it was not a 1v1. You don’t have a choice in 1v1

Strategically, they did the right thing, is gaining torches and fight another day. What would be my question is if the enemies actually discussed this between them. But even if so, its their own right to do so, and FG is not to blame per say. Its just how things work. Nothing is against the rule and yes its sad the smaller teams got picked on.

Like I said, I would want to attack my rivals. Winning the league is being said that it depends of matchmaking. Luck or even some other things. Winning against rivals has nothing to do with matchmaking or luck (island contesting - not considering other attacks). That’s where you show if you are better or not.

These teams just adjusted to the situation.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I don’t know if you are talking to me, because Im not texas or gow, but a strategy to battle between these two teams, be a stealmate and then you “steal” islands from them, would be plain stupid and you would be laughing at them. Is that what you want? Take islands on a 2v1 actually because they are busy fighting?

If you don’t want to make deals, suck it up and fight. It’s actually admirable that you are doing it, but you lose the respect when you are on the forum blaming the other side.

Like I said before, smaller teams should all team up together and fight the top2 or top3. Make it interesting, if you are so stubborn, then just do your thing, but don’t complain for your losses. You are setting yourself up to lose with almost zero chance.

7 Likes

Sadly I don’t know who is talking most of the time, and I mean which alliance he/she is part of. So sometimes the innuendos are not clear to me. But I love being objective for that reason, I am speaking my mind without knowing who is being on the other side of the argument.

I see two points above.

1. what we are all saying, if Texas fight Gow, CCCP has an advantage
  2. Not sure who is who there, but it seems the two weaker teams didn’t wan’t to team up, thats their decision (or one of them didn’t want).

If you can be more specific, I can comment more specific as well.

I think there’s something to be said for playing any game in unique or unorthodox ways. Some people love speedrunning or glitching games to play them in a different way than they’re intended, or playing a game with artificial restrictions put on them, like the guy who just did a run through of goldeneye without firing a gun. That can be cool. Other people play the game that’s actually there in front of them. The point of alliance wars is to win torches. There are no points given out for playing with honor (whatever that even means, and it undoubtedly means different things to different people).

I mean, maybe this thread would be appropriate if we were playing bushido wars or something, but it’s a game based off Trojan horses and backstabbing Greek Gods.

3 Likes

There were no 3vs1. 3vs1 is when all 3 teams team up to only fight the 4th team. The team opposing the “victim” gets a free pass through one of the teams next to the victim - usually the weakest team.
This war was completely different. Elite is too weak which was illustrated by how easy you won their 5đź’€.
Eventually Gladitori would be fighting both Texas and GoW that was evident very early in the war.
It’s not a matter of being independent or slaves, it’s a question of being able to read the war map.

7 Likes

I think Texas CCCP and GoW also don’t have masters.
Pretty sure Elite and Boom too doesn’t follow other teams orders or make deals?

7 Likes

Who ended up getting attacked by two teams simultaneously?
What I read in those private messages are Sina telling a Gladitori that they will end getting attacked by both GoW and Texas last round. Pretty much what happened.

4 Likes

You’ll be hard pressed to get players to agree that I don’t know strategy but you are entitled to have that opinion.

9 Likes

You’d have a better result and so would CCCP if we had chosen to both attack Texas.
It would have been more fun but also removed any chance that GoW (or Texas) could win the league.

AS won the league once because they avoided the 3-4 big teams at the time. GoW’s matchups this war wasn’t as lucky so we had to make a strategy that kept us in the game.
Diplomacy is part of the game in my opinion. Not yours and you paid the price.

5 Likes

I think I will never play with the Gladiators despite being Italian. They only know how to cry and have Donald Duck as a strategist. Olympus is a war game and in love and war everything is allowed! I’m having so much fun and laughing scratching my stomach, please continue but make me ashamed to be Italian! :rofl::rofl::rofl::gioia::gioia::gioia::gioia::gioia::gioia::gioia::gioia::gioia::gioia::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes